Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NPL Youth

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    Why Blue- not sure where you are going with that statement?
    they signed 3 players - f$%k big deal- you apparently signed 6??? Talking to relevant coaches, Magic is the only team along with Olympic, that maintained majority of there squad from last year.

As for A grade not being a match for NPL i disagree, as i heard this game was on, and went to watch. Basically Rosebuds were poor, and so was the A grade team on the night, i think there was luck for 1 team, and keeper errors, which cost 3 or 4 goals, that played in this game, if played again, i think a draw would be more accurate.
    Just like the Sthy result, dont read into it-
    MT.........keep your shirt on...............not going anywhere with any statement. Good on Magic & Olympic for keeping stable squad and yes there are 6 new players to CCB 15 squad..............but as I have said before, 2 went to jets, 2 didn't come back from last year and 1 was added as squad only had 15 last year. So really only 1 players from last year that wanted to play with CCB didn't get a spot.
    Anyway all teams should be chasing the best possible squad.............so no drama's from me. My comment was simply along the lines that Magic, by adding 3 quality players, should be a better squad this year than last.

As for NPL v A grade.............do not even want to start this again. NPL is highest level, if you want to play highest level play NPL................simple. Not a question about players and their ability, just a fact. That said, why would a good player want to play in the 2nd comp ????

Also many NPL players not interested in playing for Emerging Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Y Bloo? View Post
    For sure , Emerging Jets does not automatically mean best kids are in those teams.

Apparently most NPL teams from BM Magic are playing Emerging Jets this weekend at the new Speers Point facility. Should be interesting.
    Anyway, here's wishing all teams a great 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Y Bloo? View Post
    valid point & welcome Y Bloo.............nice name

Kids should not have to play for EJ's to be identified as talented, NNSWF own website shows a talented player pathway that has scouting/ID from Zone SAP U/10 all the way thru to NPL U/17. In reality if the kid is playing with a good strong team with capable players around him/her and a coach who has some ability to develop the kids and bring them forward, than that is all you can ask for, if this is in NPL or EJ's doesn't matter as long as kid is progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by I changed my user name View Post
    For sure , Emerging Jets does not automatically mean best kids are in those teams.
    Agreed, but to be fair most deserve their spot, but yes in most age groups there are some players in NPL that could if given the opportunity fit into these squads with no problems at all. But they have to want to ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Wire Blew View Post
    Apparently most NPL teams from BM Magic are playing Emerging Jets this weekend at the new Speers Point facility. Should be interesting.
    Anyway, here's wishing all teams a great 2015.
    Wire Blew............another great name.

any idea of times for these games, might drop by, check out new facility and what should be some cracker games.

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Wire Blew............another great name.

any idea of times for these games, might drop by, check out new facility and what should be some cracker games.
    13s at 9, 14s at 10.30, 15s at 12, 17s at 1.30, 19s at 3.30, 22s at 5.30.
    Games on Sunday at Speers Point and I believe the times refer to Magic teams who will be playing EJs teams from age below.

Quote Originally Posted by Wire Blew View Post
    13s at 9, 14s at 10.30, 15s at 12, 17s at 1.30, 19s at 3.30, 22s at 5.30.
    Games on Sunday at Speers Point and I believe the times refer to Magic teams who will be playing EJs teams from age below.
    Thanks
    Shame I will be at Weston for our trial games.

Magic V Jets should be great games from two teams that will be strong in all ages...........

Also does not mean best kids in NPL either.
    Take my hat off to clubs supporting playeers through development but some clubs politics play a role here.
    Ie witnessed Sth Cardiff v maitland 17s last Sunday...amazed to see what looked like a 12 or 13 year old on the field for Southy....he's not able to compete due to size etc and does not have the talent to make up the difference so why is the club persisting with his selection at the expense of a player who can compete? There will be many many players in New FM comp
    With higher abilities.
    Seems a common scenario in Newy football.

Quote Originally Posted by 433 View Post
    Take my hat off to clubs supporting playeers through development but some clubs politics play a role here.
    Ie witnessed Sth Cardiff v maitland 17s last Sunday...amazed to see what looked like a 12 or 13 year old on the field for Southy....he's not able to compete due to size etc and does not have the talent to make up the difference so why is the club persisting with his selection at the expense of a player who can compete? There will be many many players in New FM comp
    With higher abilities.
    Not sure about kid you are talking about but maybe there are a few scenarios, maybe no better kids turned up to trial ?? or maybe it is political as you seem to suggest. If its political than the club will suffer, simple and short sighted. If its because no one better trialled, then how do we get these kids that are in NEW FM, A Grade etc to come and play NPL ???

I have no doubt that there are some players in A grade comp that would get a start in a few NPL teams. But are they trialling ??? do they want to play NPL ???

Its only 2nd year of NPL and I am sure as time goes by most players that want to test themselves and play against the better teams/players will find themselves a home in NPL.

With higher abilities.
    Speculation about his age unless you actually know him, so how can you question what the club is doing? ?????? and I think size doesn't matter it is age that determines where you play.....some of the best footballers over the years have been the size of hobbits........

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Speculation about his age unless you actually know him, so how can you question what the club is doing? ?????? and I think size doesn't matter it is age that determines where you play.....some of the best footballers over the years have been the size of hobbits........
    I bet messi was a giant when he was 12-13, he's turned out to be alright.

So how old was he when you asked? Or are we just assuming he's actually 12-13 because he is smaller? Maybe he had a bad game? Maybe the club see that he has potential? Maybe they gave a game to one of their younger team players as they were short(pun not intended). Without knowing the full story, or seeing him play more than once, it's a bit tough to make a legitimate comment on. Who really cares? Young bloke having a go, good on him. Obviously can't be too bad if Southy ended up winning, against Maitland who are well known for their junior base up that way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    I bet messi was a giant when he was 12-13, he's turned out to be alright.
    He always had the talent but they were worried he would never be big enough physically to showcase it

All the Human Growth meds he got helped him out.

Player is 16.
    However my comments are not aimed at the player personally, yes it's Great he's having a go.
    And Yes he does have potential...as do all young players.
    No, they were not short of players on the day,he's a regular player.
    I couldn't agree more regarding short satire players in the game, there have been too many to list.
    Look around many youth games at NPL around the country and youth leagues around the world they are there, sure,
    But the difference is these players make up for the size disadvantage with above average skill sets and football brains,
    If your short you have to have something else..something special.
    Been around the game playing and coaching so long and caring, yes I care, about these age groups that it concerns me when I see a player like this who would develop far better in a lower grade like NEWFM or A grade.
    He will have more time to develop the obvious skills he will need as his age peers develop even more physically over the next year or so, which begs the question... Where does a player like this go after 17s.?
    So, my point is he would be better off in lower grade an give another player in lower grade who is capable of stepping up the chance to develop also.Theres plenty of em.
    So, politics? Maybe but not to his benefit.

Where does a player like this go after 17s.?
    So, my point is he would be better off in lower grade an give another player in lower grade who is capable of stepping up the chance to develop also.Theres plenty of em.
    So, politics? Maybe but not to his benefit.
    I don't really understand what the big deal is?
    He's 16 playing in U/17s. So the initial controversy of them playing a 12-13 year old is out the window.
    Yes, I agree, there probably are better players playing in A-Grade, or NewFM, or wherever. This is the case with every football team everywhere. There are better players playing NEWFM than in some NPL squads. There are better players playing 12G than in some 12A. All for varying reasons. We've had this discussion before, saying that Emerging Jets are not the best 11 in NPL. There's always somebody who could be given a shot over somebody else.
    And I disagree that he would be better off in a lower grade and develop more. Any high/elite level exposure you can get is more beneficial. He will be better off with a year in NPL Youth, than a year in NEWFM. I daresay any player would (if they are getting same amount of game time).

The point re: where to after 17s is a good point. I guess these players that play through the junior ranks of the NPL set up, only a few are going to make it into seniors. Those that don't generally filter down the various competitions.

Trial game scores today that I know the score of

Hamilton 15s 2-1 over Adamstown.
    Hamilton 17s 1-1 Adamstown

Adamstown led both games.

Jets 2-0 over Magic 17s. Apparently the timekeeping by the refs was interesting.

The other two Hamilton- Adamstown games were close. But don't know the scores.
    Last edited by late_to_the_game; 08-02-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Jets v Magic
    13s 14s & 15s all ended in close wins to Magic.
    14s lucky to get result. 15s very dominant by Magic until late in the game when players rested to back up for 17s who were short on numbers.

New facilities at Speers Point made it hard on all players yesterday. The surface doesn't have a sprinkler system and the boys struggled in the heat and with blisters. The pitches are also smaller than most they would play on. Apart from that it was impressive.