Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deans Out

I was happy to have Deans on for the remainder of this season, but giving him next year as well has me a lil concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I was happy to have Deans on for the remainder of this season, but giving him next year as well has me a lil concerned
    He's earned a chance at a full season as head coach
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

We have never had a coach who could bring quality players to the club for unders so it's unfair to expect it of Deans.

Like in the past we will need to roll the dice on players not getting starting 11 opportunities elsewhere looking for game time to showcase their talent.

We are lucky to have a club.

20210513_081533.jpg
    20210513_081649.jpg
    My brother found this the other day for $5 at cash converters and brought it over - after reading the intro for the instructions was wondering if I should lend it to Deansy so he can practise??
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

I'm quite angry about this season and the club.

We had an experienced coach, GVE, willing to lead the team for a year or until we found a new owner. It wasn't a case of being "locked in" to GVE; he was happy to take the reins to help out until needed.

GVE has excellent ties with some of Australia's best young players, whom he planned to bring in. They trusted him and he would have given them time.

Instead, the club opted for an inexperienced underperformer and shuffled off several starting players without bringing in anyone. WTAF.

And WTAF is wrong with those of you who supported the club's decision to do this.
    Last edited by Couscous; 22-05-2021 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Typo of Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post

We had an experienced coach, GVE, willing to lead the team for a year or until we found a new owner. It wasn't a case of being "locked in" to GVE; he was happy to take the reins to help out until needed.

GVE has excellent ties with some of Australia's best young players, whom he planned to bring in. They trusted him and he would have given them time.

Instead, the club opted for an inexperienced underperformer and shuffled off several starting players without bringing in anyone. WTAF.

And WTAF is wrong with those of you whom supported the club's decision to do this.
    We shuffled those senior players so the club would have money to keep its doors open

And WTAF is wrong with those of you who supported the club's decision to do this.
    Settle down Gary.

I agree that the decision to sign Deans for multiple years was a mistake, and while I wasn’t a fan of him being appointed I was willing to give him a go. However, that expired about 15 games back. Yes the cattle aren’t great, but he’s signed a third of them, and been involved with the club for long enough to know the other 2 thirds. The players also aren’t to blame for Deans keeping on trying to same tactics and being found out week after week.

Deans needs to go, and so do half the players. To be a professional player and not be able to deliver a decent cross, or jog half arsed back as the opposition is countering at speed is inexcusable.

This next 6 months will determine if we have a club, if they don’t manage to turn things around, that’s it. End of discussion.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Hang on a minute, Do you have better knowledge than that was reported at the time ?. According to media reports at the time GVE was seeking a 3yr deal. Either your info is wrong or the reporting around the appointment was.

I must refute the claims Deans does not change anything. I did see Boogs hoof it from the kick off last night as opposed to NTS, Surely that counts ?.

Deans out, Simply not working out with him at the helm. You listening Mattiske ???????.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...nham/100169730

watched the vid for this show tonight - so Deansy told Rhali Dobson she was surplus to requirements when she was arguably the W Jets best player, all cos she wasn't afraid to speak her mind? great message to the players, be a yes-(wo)man or find another team, no wonder the men's team is turning to shit under him...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post

watched the vid for this show tonight - so Deansy told Rhali Dobson she was surplus to requirements when she was arguably the W Jets best player, all cos she wasn't afraid to speak her mind? great message to the players, be a yes-(wo)man or find another team, no wonder the men's team is turning to shit under him...
    Couldn't agree more, Have always had more than a passing interest in the W game and recall at the time what a strange decision to let her go. One of the better players the W team always had on, her work rate second to none and i reckon the number of wide players the W team has had over the years who get up and down the line quicker than her you could count on one hand.

Anyways she got the last lough on the so called better judge.

Deans gorn at end of season confirmed

I like Dobson as a player but she's no Katie Stengel who banged in ten goals the season Dobson was not resigned.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest the decision to mover her on was anything other than a team / tactical one.

The team actually improved from 5th to 3rd and brought in a lot of new players both decensively and attack wise. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017...-League_season

Someone had to make way and unfortunately it was Dobson.

Not a case of her being no good - just about finite funds and places available and the club choosing a different mix.

Our coach is returning. Thank Christ.

Renew your memberships!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I like Dobson as a player but she's no Katie Stengel who banged in ten goals the season Dobson was not resigned.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest the decision to mover her on was anything other than a team / tactical one.

The team actually improved from 5th to 3rd and brought in a lot of new players both decensively and attack wise. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017...-League_season

Someone had to make way and unfortunately it was Dobson.

Not a case of her being no good - just about finite funds and places available and the club choosing a different mix.
    It was Dobson herself on the TV version who mentioned why she was moved on, so no I don't think it was just to make way for Stengel (who may have scored goals but wasn't as athletic as Dobson)

It was Dobson herself on the TV version who mentioned why she was moved on, so no I don't think it was just to make way for Stengel (who may have scored goals but wasn't as athletic as Dobson)
    Stengel replaced Jen Hoy, I recall
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Reading the various reports about Deans' decision I took note that he informed the club 3 weeks ago of his decision. That shouldn't be missed because it hasn't distracted the club from a potential media circus and allowed behind-the-scenes questions to head-hunted candidates to occur.

While we think this is Day 1 of the search, it's more likely that it's 3 weeks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Reading the various reports about Deans' decision I took note that he informed the club 3 weeks ago of his decision. That shouldn't be missed because it hasn't distracted the club from a potential media circus and allowed behind-the-scenes questions to head-hunted candidates to occur.

While we think this is Day 1 of the search, it's more likely that it's 3 weeks in.
    doesnt matter. We'll appoint someone after there's no decent recruits left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....