Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Disc Golf

League day at Jesmond this Sunday.

10-4

https://www.facebook.com/events/398461910240691/

Sydney folk, tournament next month being held in Rydalmere. Saturday will be very casual friendly, some learn to throw clinics, BBQ lunch and a fun Tombstone event instead of the usual match play.

https://www.facebook.com/events/222511644554330/

Not entirely sure why I keep posting in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Not entirely sure why I keep posting in here.
    Keep posting, I'll make it to a local event to check it out one day!..

Only a few more weeks of daylight savings left so if you can get to doubles tonight, it's a good place to start

Bon, pv4... Rathmines next month!

https://www.facebook.com/events/548924048461695/

Have a Lake Mac councillor attending next weekend. Some of the folk on here would be familiar with him from twitter...

Also trying to encourage (harass?) Dom Ritter in to attendance, he has played a bit back home.

Quidditch
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

miss throwing discs so much. really need to get back into it. militia - pm me before monday to remind me about ultimate on monday night. grim - keep sending me invites to dg. i'll man up one of these days, surely..

I know it isn't "disc golf", but I've been down the front at Newy Beach throwing the old Aerobie pro rings around.. God damn do those badboys go a long way!!!
    Too bad they don't float, or glow in the dark.. We have lost so many of them while pissed out..

Also broke my decent disc, stood on it accidentally (funnily enough, while pissed)..

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    miss throwing discs so much. really need to get back into it. militia - pm me before monday to remind me about ultimate on monday night. grim - keep sending me invites to dg. i'll man up one of these days, surely..
    We had a day at rathmines just a few weeks ago, complete with Lake Mac councillor and huge jets fan, Chad Griffiths. Was a great day.

Unlike today. Supposed to be holding our first community advertised Learn to Throw session in Sydney. Dropped around 400 leaflets in the area this week and this weather is what we get. Shit house.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    We had a day at rathmines just a few weeks ago, complete with Lake Mac councillor and huge jets fan, Chad Griffiths. Was a great day.

yeah i was so close to coming to it but had been rostered into a funrun on the same day. major balls.

Got back from Melbourne yesterday. The course down there in Doncaster is just brutal for an unfit bastard like me compared to anything in NSW. Around about 10km per 18, constant up and down elevation over a few hundred metres every few holes. Didn't die though, so always a plus.

anyone tried the course at Olympic Park?

http://www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au/...ents/disc_golf

Yep. That's the only permanent course in Sydney so we often have our league days there. The NSW open was there last year as well.

If you are keen on a throw out there, post something up on the FB page. The public access to the park is ages away from the actual course, some of the Sydney folk are out regularly on weekends and can probably loan discs a hell of a lot better than the shitty ones they have for hire there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1380...17644/?fref=ts

Ive changed schools since i started posting in this thread - no longer have a metals fabrication workshop to work in.

costco in the states have baskets for $70, any idea where we could get something from at a decent price?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Ive changed schools since i started posting in this thread - no longer have a metals fabrication workshop to work in.

costco in the states have baskets for $70, any idea where we could get something from at a decent price?
    The price of the baskets isn't the bad bit, it's usually the shipping. And depending on whether you are looking at permanent baskets or a relocatable one...

http://www.dudediscs.com.au/gear-cat...cher-traveller

That's one of the few Australian distributors. The other one I can't see any temp baskets on.

League day this Sunday, playing the tournament layout in preparation for the Jesmond Jam next month. From 930 ish!

pv4, show up!