Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The need of Boutique Stadiums.

The need of Boutique Stadiums.

News coming across the ditch that by 2016-17 Wellington could be playing in a 12,000 seat Boutique Stadium.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/s...plans-unveiled
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Adelaide plans to have 25,000 seats with a roof.
    http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou...-1226828298953

This looks more like political jargon but with a election coming up.
    Last edited by Premy; 17-02-2014 at 11:15 PM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I really think Roar need to downs size too. 15k in a 52k stadium looks terrible
    I'M GULLIBLE!

and put seats behind goals, master stroke

Adelaide plan is just to hide more barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    and put seats behind goals, master stroke
    Or standing rail seats? One can dream right.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Rail seats!

Cons biggest mistake was not buying Birmingham Gardens when he has the chance. To potential their was huge.

And as a bonus the pitch was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Cons biggest mistake was not buying Birmingham Gardens when he has the chance. To potential their was huge.

And as a bonus the pitch was awesome.
    That was massive waste of a perfect football ground (Sounds like my Dad talking about Crystal Palace).
    It needed up-sizing but would have saved a small fortune in the A-League early years.
    I played for Wallsend when the Breakers were still there. Best surface I have ever kicked a ball on and probably the best in the country at the time. Great Atmosphere too.

loved it when the fog rolled in.

Just bulldoze all of national park and put a nice little 12-15k all seater.
    Sure, we'd have to kill all the residents in the area to get approval and name it Morley/Boz stadium to keep the Cooks Hill lads happy but apart from that it's a perfect plan.
    Last edited by plague; 18-02-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Hunter stadium is a fine size we should have about 15,000 there on Saturday. Maybe they should stop selling tickets on the top level of the eastern grandstand and everyone would be alot closer like season 3.

Having said that I'd like to see us take one game regional per season against a team that will bring low away numbers eg Perth glory, Adelaide united. Imagine playing a game at cessnock stadium I reacon we could fill that stadium up.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Just bulldoze all of national park and put a nice little 12-15k all seater.
    Sure, we'd have to kill all the residents in the area to get approval and name it Morley/Boz stadium to keep the Cooks Hill lads happy but apart from that it's a perfect plan.
    I've actually thought about this for some time although 18-20k would be needed. If you were to move the tennis and croquet courts/greens next to lowlands bowling club you could build a 18k enclosed all seat ground there and have a newy sporting hub with the Athletics Track, No1 and No2 all there. I know it will never happen but.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Hunter stadium is a fine size we should have about 15,000 there on Saturday. Maybe they should stop selling tickets on the top level of the eastern grandstand and everyone would be alot closer like season 3.

Having said that I'd like to see us take one game regional per season against a team that will bring low away numbers eg Perth glory, Adelaide united. Imagine playing a game at cessnock stadium I reacon we could fill that stadium up.
    Actually I think Turton Rd is to big if we get 15k this weekend thats still less then half capacity. When the hills are enclosed it will be 40k+ and 15k in a 40k stadium will look terrible look at SFS.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

We need to aim high....the club has proven in the past that if it gets it shit together on the field it will get regular crowds of 15-20,000. We need to keep the presence there to encourage more big games as well.

Just close the Eastern top deck, seating behind the goals and a new pitch - it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Just close the Eastern top deck, seating behind the goals and a new pitch - it'll be fine.
    Yeah, close down the spot where the view is one of the best in the whole league (5.30 games aside naturally).

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    We need to aim high....the club has proven in the past that if it gets it shit together on the field it will get regular crowds of 15-20,000. We need to keep the presence there to encourage more big games as well.

I would prefer to sell out and make demand for tickets. "If" there is a chance of getting over 20k (SFC, WSW, CCM & Finals) then move the game to Turton Rd.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

Actually I think Turton Rd is to big if we get 15k this weekend thats still less then half capacity. When the hills are enclosed it will be 40k+ and 15k in a 40k stadium will look terrible look at SFS.
    Why would there automatically be 40k if the ends were done. All they need to do is replace the seats at the front with one single tier of stand running back to the top of the hill. Basically just extend the lower half of bay 60 around. There is no demand for additional seating at hunter stadium for either code. The ends should be designed to be able to accommodate rear extension of the single tier design. The score board should stay where it is until then when it should be moved into the corners (South eastern) similar to skilled park. The existing walkway should be maintained to reduce costs and that should be where they stop the new stand. I wouldn’t necessarily even worry about a roof, that would form part of the stage 2 extension. Could always do what they do in the us, design & build the roof but don’t fit out the top deck or have any stairs available, looks a little silly but saves the cost of the second tier until its actually needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Why would there automatically be 40k if the ends were done. All they need to do is replace the seats at the front with one single tier of stand running back to the top of the hill. Basically just extend the lower half of bay 60 around. There is no demand for additional seating at hunter stadium for either code. The ends should be designed to be able to accommodate rear extension of the single tier design. The score board should stay where it is until then when it should be moved into the corners (South eastern) similar to skilled park. The existing walkway should be maintained to reduce costs and that should be where they stop the new stand. I wouldn’t necessarily even worry about a roof, that would form part of the stage 2 extension. Could always do what they do in the us, design & build the roof but don’t fit out the top deck or have any stairs available, looks a little silly but saves the cost of the second tier until its actually needed.
    stop talking sense.

council were in contact with magic about building a 10,000 stadium at their ground, which isnt big enough

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    It's still going to lift the Capacity above 33k something we get no where near filling.

Edit: Don't get me wrong I agree with you. I just feel its to big for us.
    Last edited by Premy; 18-02-2014 at 12:57 PM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!