Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd20 - Newcastle Jets vs Sydney FC 22/2/14 k/off 5:30pm AEDST

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    So have I mate. So have a lot if people.

And Jets...another week and Carrusca is still available.
    As if that bloke would want to play for us

Why in ****sname would he come to a side that probably won't make the finals for the next 3 years???

Career suicide joining us

Banned
    Plague let us know when your son is going next and we can all get some good odds on a Jets Loss

So have I mate. So have a lot if people.

And Jets...another week and Carrusca is still available.
    He signed a new deal with Adelaide during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    He signed a new deal with Adelaide during the week.
    Damn.

I decided to watch the game on telly this morning to get a different perspective from my vantage point at the ground and I have concluded the following:

- our ball movement is far too slow. We lose any advantage because we move it slowly.

- we are missing a proper number 10. The gap between our mids and forward line is huge and as a result we struggled to get forward and our forward line was isolated.

- our pressing is disorganised. We don't do it as a team. Taggz ran his ass off yesterday for very little reward.

- in possession we only offer one option. Nobody moves. We were static. Unlike Sydney who had all people in motion and attacked much quicker, direct and with more options for the pass.

- throw ins. Why bother. One bloke moves. We lose it. Just cut out the middle man and give it back to the opposition.

- Heskey had some nice touches but we are carrying him. He isn't offering a great deal. I used to think differently but this match woke me up and it became apparent after watching the match a second time.

- Zane's tactical ineptness didn't change up the Virgilli/ Jurman matchup. James got mustered and shut down that path.

- as others pointed out, something is up with zads.

- we miss Kanta badly.

- our players were walking after 25 minutes. We showed little urgency during the match and it makes me feel like the players don't care less. I am sure this isn't the case.

- despite not having a great game, griffo is the only player in our team with the nouce to know how to draw a foul.

- We are a team with little physical strength. We got ministered last night and it wasn't the first time.

- on the plus Brillante continues to impress.

- our one touch play in close quarters at times around the box was nice.

- we are forced because of our set up to play 20+m passes regularly to move forward. We move away too far, too quickly and then stand still.

I stand by my prediction that we won't make the six. In fact I think when we play Perth it will be for the spoon. Why 10000 fans like me and many on here continue to show up week in, week out is a credit. Especially when we have only seen two win this season at home. We are the least successful club in the last three years - every other club has made the finals in this time.

It's time for something to change. I mentioned rumours about bridges being the next boss but in
    My opinion now is not the time for a gamble on a new coach. We need experience. We need a change.

I am sick of going there, cheering and singing and walking away disappointed. I can cop a loss if the effort has been made. I haven't see this in ages. We look pedestrian.

But at the end of the day, I'll see you all there again in a fortnight

Ps - sorry about my spelling. It's tough to type this on the iPhone. And since we're getting profiled I'm older than 24 but under 30...for a few months anyway.
    If you are looking for a change on the coaches bench you might be dissapointed, Sunday Tele has Zane as the front runner and to have a few bucks on him getting the gig full time.

go away for two days and the forum produces comedy gold. I should do it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Plague let us know when your son is going next and we can all get some good odds on a Jets Loss
    I will, once I finish spending all my winnings from the weekend.
    Sydney $3.35 ahhhh Centrebet how the **** are you still in business.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    go away for two days and the forum produces comedy gold. I should do it more often.
    That dude pretending to be a clinical psychologist was the best pretend job since Marcus North pretended to be a former test cricketer.

It was as clear a pen as you'll ever see, yes Del Piero made the most of it and yes he goes to ground like a sack of shit but to argue that it wasn't a pen is madness.

I've been saying for about a month now we wont make finals.

The team's just crap.

But it was all Gary's fault! The players are good enough, it was just all Gary's fault!

The rot starts at the top, Middleby I'm looking at you.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

still cant get over how bad/boring we were
    The youth team is far more enjoyable to watch (beat Syd 7-1 yesterday)

Zane really needs to drop zads for the next game
    he hasnt been putting in the captians knocks

Hi all. I'm pretty new to football culture. Can someone tell whether fans are meant to eat McDonald's and Hungry Jacks, and why? Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Hi all. I'm pretty new to football culture. Can someone tell whether fans are meant to eat McDonald's and Hungry Jacks, and why? Ta.
    No point asking us mate. There's only one bloke on here that can answer it and he's our resident pretend clinical psychologist. He has SPECIAL MIND POWERS.

I am a cynical psychoanalyst, if that helps.

You should definitely not eat McDonalds or Hungry Jacks. The tenzo is right there, that should be your food option.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    No point asking us mate. There's only one bloke on here that can answer it and he's our resident pretend clinical psychologist. He has SPECIAL MIND POWERS.
    But he still has not told us when PV4 will release sheep quiz results!!

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    But he still has not told us when PV4 will release sheep quiz results!!
    I'll tell you. It won't be today..

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    Honestly most of you guys are so full of shit and hatred for your own team and suck so much griff dick you are deluded as to we really are. Yeh things are not as rosy as we would we like but you guys are half the problem sitting behind your keyboards on your McDonald or hungry jacks and hating so much on our own guys you don't deserve to called Newy supporters because you only support when we are winning and totally negative when we lose. **** off back to your biggest loser programs and leave the real supporters to support the team . Honestly your dribble is painfully boring as ****. Even keyboard warriors are not as boring and stupid as what you guys post. Your Crap is immature and pathetic and repetitive as ****. Grow up. YOU OUT.
    Clacka said something the other week that resonated with me, about how the players should not be expecting the fans to take the lead in boosting up the squad. He said the players had to give the fans something to support first. He's right you know. Every player should look to their own motivation and reserves and not rely on the supporters to supply it.

On Saturday, the supporters were behind the team and were once again appreciative of good play. But the players couldn't even conjure up a single goal for the fans.

The supporters are not half the problem. The supporters do not design the playing squad. They don't employ the staff or pick the coaches. They are utterly powerless in all of those things. The supporters cannot turn around a season. All they can do is latch on to any good play they see on the field and cheer for it.

The squad simply has weaknesses in it. We lack a good quality penetrating defender and we lack a creative, goal-scoring midfielder. The "no. 10" problem has been known by the club for years but they haven't done anything about it, despite several seasoned A-League no. 10s being on the market. I don't know the reason but I suspect the answer is begins with "H" and ends with "eskey".

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    The rot starts at the top, Middleby I'm looking at you.
    I think you need to look higher up for the root cause of the rot. HSG have no passion/plans/drive/desire for the club and that is where our issues start.

I decided to watch the game on telly this morning to get a different perspective from my vantage point at the ground and I have concluded the following:

- our ball movement is far too slow. We lose any advantage because we move it slowly.

- we are missing a proper number 10. The gap between our mids and forward line is huge and as a result we struggled to get forward and our forward line was isolated.

- our pressing is disorganised. We don't do it as a team. Taggz ran his ass off yesterday for very little reward.

- in possession we only offer one option. Nobody moves. We were static. Unlike Sydney who had all people in motion and attacked much quicker, direct and with more options for the pass.

- throw ins. Why bother. One bloke moves. We lose it. Just cut out the middle man and give it back to the opposition.

- Heskey had some nice touches but we are carrying him. He isn't offering a great deal. I used to think differently but this match woke me up and it became apparent after watching the match a second time.

- Zane's tactical ineptness didn't change up the Virgilli/ Jurman matchup. James got mustered and shut down that path.

- as others pointed out, something is up with zads.

- we miss Kanta badly.

- our players were walking after 25 minutes. We showed little urgency during the match and it makes me feel like the players don't care less. I am sure this isn't the case.

- despite not having a great game, griffo is the only player in our team with the nouce to know how to draw a foul.

- We are a team with little physical strength. We got ministered last night and it wasn't the first time.

- on the plus Brillante continues to impress.

- our one touch play in close quarters at times around the box was nice.

- we are forced because of our set up to play 20+m passes regularly to move forward. We move away too far, too quickly and then stand still.

I stand by my prediction that we won't make the six. In fact I think when we play Perth it will be for the spoon. Why 10000 fans like me and many on here continue to show up week in, week out is a credit. Especially when we have only seen two win this season at home. We are the least successful club in the last three years - every other club has made the finals in this time.

It's time for something to change. I mentioned rumours about bridges being the next boss but in
    My opinion now is not the time for a gamble on a new coach. We need experience. We need a change.

I am sick of going there, cheering and singing and walking away disappointed. I can cop a loss if the effort has been made. I haven't see this in ages. We look pedestrian.

But at the end of the day, I'll see you all there again in a fortnight

Ps - sorry about my spelling. It's tough to type this on the iPhone. And since we're getting profiled I'm older than 24 but under 30...for a few months anyway.
    This.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    Clacka said something the other week that resonated with me, about how the players should not be expecting the fans to take the lead in boosting up the squad. He said the players had to give the fans something to support first. He's right you know. Every player should look to their own motivation and reserves and not rely on the supporters to supply it.

On Saturday, the supporters were behind the team and were once again appreciative of good play. But the players couldn't even conjure up a single goal for the fans.

The supporters are not half the problem. The supporters do not design the playing squad. They don't employ the staff or pick the coaches. They are utterly powerless in all of those things. The supporters cannot turn around a season. All they can do is latch on to any good play they see on the field and cheer for it.

The squad simply has weaknesses in it. We lack a good quality penetrating defender and we lack a creative, goal-scoring midfielder. The "no. 10" problem has been known by the club for years but they haven't done anything about it, despite several seasoned A-League no. 10s being on the market. I don't know the reason but I suspect the answer is begins with "H" and ends with "eskey".
    If our players came out at a million miles and hour and had a right crack at our opponent and tried to throw the kitchen sink at them early on I think they would have more respect from our fans. I think the earliest we have scored at home in 10 games this year is about 25-30mins in. Get an early goal release the pressure valve and force our opponent out. No our opponent can happily sit in tight knowing we will cough something up eventually.

Matter of fact most games at Half time at home you would struggle to find many good chances/play from us. Seriously what was really created/how much pressure did we really put Sydney under in the first 45mins?? **** All

Second half we had a spell of 15 mins where we started to look dangerous and then proceeded to shoot ourselves in the foot by conceeding.

Matter of fact that is another big issue. 10 games and 9 times we have conceded. Well I am no genius but keeping clean sheets at home is a given for picking up wins and letting goals in every game means we are forever behind the eight ball