Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Acl - 2014

Acl - 2014

Gypos playing FC Seoul away. Softest penalty against Rose, but it's the scum so it's ok.

1-0 Seoul 34 mins in. Balance of play with the home side, so can see a 3-goal margin here

It was a soft pen, but Rose did kick the Seoul player, and under the lotg that's a direct FK, so a pen inside the box.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Gypo just got sent off. The commentators clearly making their views known for a harsh dismissal. The guy kicked the FC Seoul guy in the chest, good choice t send the guy in my opinion. Gypo or not.

When your foot is that high, how does intent come into it? Commentators arguing intent is garbage.

Terrible tackle that really was asking for it.

I'll give them, the penalty was soft, but you can't go into a tackle with your foot at chest hight and not expect problems.

rofl, seip is so bad we will sign him for sure

how good was that second goal for seoul? (sick rap, standard )

Good of the AFC to invent a competition for the super fantastic WSW to play in. Will be interesting to see how many they get to the game.

I'll support any Australian team in the ACL, with the obvious exception of CCM

That's a pretty good way to start. Top through ball, top finish.
    Wish we had players like that.

Ulsan equalise in a haze of flare-induced smoke at the RBB end. Hope the WSW players blame the goal on that, really wind the idiots up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Nope **** them all. Hope they all ****ing lose

Hate all HAL sides including ours. Just hate the Gypos and WSW more than most

Had a chuckle when they scored. We should be more like the rbb, at least then we could blame something other than poor defending when we concede.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I'll support any Australian Club except Gypo's, Houso's, Smurfs & Tards.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I'll support any Australian Club except Gypo's, Houso's, Smurfs & Tards.
    I think Adelaide is the only other club I can support in the ACL.

Not sure whether last nights or tonights result has been more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I think Adelaide is the only other club I can support in the ACL.

Not sure whether last nights or tonights result has been more enjoyable.
    I don't mind Heart either that might change now Citay own them, Perth is that far away I forgot they were Australian and Brisbane are a Dutch club right?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I think this WSW v Ulsan match highlights the deficiencies in the local game as a whole. Discipline.

Ulsan down 1-0 away from home within a minute, but stick to their gameplan and reap rewards.

WSW get pegged back equal, and then fall behind soon after and the wheels begin wobbling. Low percentage miracle balls start getting played more and more frequently, with no result.

Ulsan were very good and deserved their win, but WSW really threw that commanding position away.

Banned
    All I think it highlights is that their League is much stronger than ours. Many of the blatant issues with our competition are not able to be papered over in this competition.

End of day our clubs are not big enough off the park and our player development is nowhere near as good as theirs right across the board. The mean qualities of the average J Leaguer K Leaguer etc are much greater than the average HAL player.

Add in the fact that they can throw a couple of better foreigners at us than we can purchase and is it any wonder why we are no good in this comp??

I agree with your points WolfMan, but I think the far more obvious deficiency is basic technique.

I tuned in 10 mins into the first half, but it only took me a couple of minutes to see the massive, massive differences between this and an A-League match. Brisbane are good when they are firing, but Ulsan were playing like they were a team on FIFA; one-touch passes, penetrating through-balls and the runs to match, speed, tricks, everything.

We may have improved our game in Australia tactically over the last decade or so, but technically our players are well behind their counterparts from other countries.

Edit: Kind of goes with what MFKS said above.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Is anyone really that surprised WSW couldn't cut it in the ACL ? They play 1950's style football and also rely on referees not blowing their whistles for shall we say heavy challenges. Not going to happen in the ACL.

Along with the GYPOS, WSW would be one of the least likely A-league teams capable of winning in the ACL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Is anyone really that surprised WSW couldn't cut it in the ACL ? They play 1950's style football and also rely on referees not blowing their whistles for shall we say heavy challenges. Not going to happen in the ACL.

Along with the GYPOS, WSW would be one of the least likely A-league teams capable of winning in the ACL.
    All HAL teams at present are incapable of winning the ACL. None of them are good enough.

Sure we might arse it a long way every once in a while with a soft draw but we will be found out in the end as being inferior

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

In many ways I agree with you. Many a win/draw has been jagged by them on the basis of shit football, so it's pleasing to see them finally caught out.

That said, Adelaide have done well in the past with a similar style. The argument from some quarters will be that Australian teams can't compete with them on a technical/skill level, so the only hope is to play this way and look to get a few draws and a win or two. It's been the same with the national team, lots of revisionists arguing that we should go back to the old ways, rah rah rah.

That is a bullshit argument imo because we're not going to get anywhere in the future with that attitude, but you can see why it gets traction.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1