Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Socceroos vs Ecuador

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Holger and pim would never have let this happen.

They never a three goal lead to lose.
    As I said to my old man when talking about the result.

"I am pretty certain letting 4 second half goals in Brazil won't be that big of an issue">> MFKS
    Why??>> OLD MAN

"Cause we won't ever be holding a 3-0 lead at HT" >> MFKS

So I take it Lucash will be brought back in
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

watched the game back last night

you can tell that antonio valencia was worlds above the 21 other blokes out on the field, his Ecuadorian teammates could have scored about 10 more goals if they were just as smart.

Rogic i think runs with the ball about 2-3 touches to much, franjic and davidson can cross the ball, davidson is dodgy when defending though.

spiranovic classy, good solid, wilkinson still gypo.

the biggest think i realised and i echoed these thoughts to PV4/WLG at lunch (in toronto not gosford) and than confirmed it for myself last night is that jedinak and milligan are playing the exact same role, against the spains & netherlands yes they probably are required but the game v chile which we are probably going to have to go for we should scrap one and play a more creative player.

also i am worried for MFKS, i think lucash is going to be required.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Holland will be our best chance for 3 points IMO.

Chile are very impressive and have the potential to go deep in the tournament. They outplayed Germany the other day but just couldn't finish any chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    It's only a friendly why read too much into the result. There was very little wrong with the first 50 mins and the CD's acquitted themselves well.

As for Luca$h getting picked well firstly the bloke has to actually STILL get games. Currently Watford have 13 games left and the bloke by my view would have to play at least 6 of them to warrant saying he is getting some football in. That being said that may still not be enough. The WC Squad will need to be named in about 80 days so time is running out quickly for him.

That being said to me Ange's priorities lie with WC Qualification in 2018 and Asian Cup 2015. This WC was always gonna be a big issue after his appointment and the draw has actually helped him in that with Chile Holland and Spain in our group we are under no pressure to achieve a ****ing thing.

As a result the decision to me is pretty straight forward for Ange.

Either send Luca$h into Socceroos retirement permanently and pick young blokes and back them to come through the WC in Brazil better players from the experience and able to cement a position for 2015>>2018 or stick some slow over the hill has been in there cause he has some experience and hope to limit things in Brazil.

Either way he has to find new players in the future and now is as good a time as any to start looking

There is no guarantee either way that Luca$h being selected will actually be a successful decision and limit the rapings Chile/Spain/Dutch will inflict on us or the young rookies will step up. My way of thinking is more that we should go for the Rookies cause it will benefit us long term.

Ange with his penchant for doing things his way and his desire to make tough decisions for the long term evidenced by his clean out at Roar should hopefully rule in my favour

the thing is assuming he takes 4 cb, who does he take?

there aint much to chose from.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    the thing is assuming he takes 4 cb, who does he take?

there aint much to chose from.
    Obviously you would expect Good and Spiranovic to get the nod for Brazil based on their selection in this game.

One of the spots may as well go to a future central defensive prospect such as Connor Chapman or some other young bloke his age. Lets face it injury and suspension aside we will be basically using a core 14-16 players ie those deemed our best for the 3 games as we just don't have the depth so you might as well take a few on a Contiki tour for the experience

The other one to me is a mystery who it will be. If you are gonna take Luca$h though he has to be going as a guaranteed first choice otherwise he is just wasting a spot

Still don't understand why a bloke by the name of Bailey Wright who is about 21 years old and has played nearly 100 games in mainly League One and a few in the Championship for Preston hasn't had a look in. His team have a good defensive record and Bailey has been a mainstay of the side currently sitting 4th in League 1. Can also play Left Back if required.

Bloke bypassed HAL and left Melbourne on a scholarship as a kid and has stuck it out the last 5 years and worked his way through the system at PNE and into the first team

I am sure there are probably others out there in a similar boat with Aussie links that we are unaware of as they bypassed HAL and are playing in a comp with little exposure here in Australia