Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Put a seat on it - Cycling Thread

mutton chops to finish 3or4 mins ahead of cadel by tour end with froome helping through the alps

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    cadel will stick with him in the mountains. i can see him making up a bit of time if BMC can get their act together.

it might not mean much in the end with another time trial still to come.

Cadel might just thank his lucky stars he managed to win one TDF in between the Armstrong and Wiggins eras.

One TDF is still pretty fecking amazing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    this crap about Wiggins is pissing me off a little and smacks of the old anyone beating Cadel is on the juice routine

British cycling has been coming along very, very well in recent years - starting from success on the track and now the road - it's not like this is the female Chinese swim team

Wiggins is a triple gold medalist on the track, the bloke is immense and has a very long and distinguished career behind him

so get over the sour grapes and conspiracies and just appreciate the incredible ride this bloke is doing
    How is this about someone beating Cadel must be on the Juice ?? How is this about the success of British Track tiders now being transcended to road racing??

There is no conspiracy theory

2009 and 2010 TDF's were the pinnacle for elite road racers. This is where everyone would turn up at their best. Fabian Cancellara blitzed Wiggins in all the TT's

2011 Can't compare as Wiggins crashed out before a TT

Now you are trying to tell me that a bloke who has consistently been beaten by arguably the best TT in the world at present is able to now not only beat but thrash a bloke who is in top notch form and nothing is suspect??

This is the same bloke who has dropped 8-9 kgs from his frame recently and is now able to thrash Cancellara in the TT.
    Remember we are talking about an elite athlete here in peak physical condition. Dropping 8-9kgs is only gonna come from a small amount of toning and reduction mainly in muscle mass. Quality TT's have muscle mass. How is Wiggins dropping muscle mass and now improving times?? That defies logic.

TT is about technique and power generation from the muscles. FC's technique and BW's technique ain't changed much because they were already at the top level of the game anyway nd whatever changes would be miniscule results wise. The only way you can do this is to increase your power generation by developing muscles. Wiggins is going the opposite way by reducing his muscles to allow him to be better going up Mountains. The whole thing defies logic.

Wiggo's time trialling should be getting worse while his climbing should improve by dropping weight. His climbing is improving but his TT is actually not getting worse but has improved out of sight.

Boz when it looks like shit smells like shit tastes like shit it most likely is....

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Boz when it looks like shit smells like shit tastes like shit it most likely is....

Coogee Bay hotel ice cream ?

Banned
    Wiggins may well be hitting a peak but I wouldn't say Cadel is declining. After all he still finished 6th in the TT the other day and has been pretty solid so far in the TDF.

I also wouldn't say Fabian Cancellaras performances are declining far from it he is still a damn fine TT exponent.

This argument is about the spike in form Wiggins is showing which defies belief. Wiggins is not a phenomenen in the Tiger Woods Lionel Messi category arriving in their sport and being untouchable and the finest of their generation. Wiggins isn't that good.

As it stands he will most likely win this race and win it convincingly. The bit about winning it convincingly is the concerning part. If Cadel came out and won this thing convincingly questions would be asked as he is good but not head and shoulders good.

Also remember that if Wiggo does win the TDF he will achieve a sequence of wins that no other cyclist has ever achieved and that includes all the greats and all the greats on drugs.

Paris-Nice
    Tour De Romandie
    Dauphine
    TDF
    Have never been won in the same year by one rider.

Usually because form is impossible to carry through this length of time.

This is Wiggos 11th Grand tour so he has been around the block before. He has had a 3rd and a 4th and every other finish has been below 20th spot so it is not as if he has been banging on the door loudly

Compare this to Cadel whom is in his 13th Grand Tour and has finished all 12 started prior with 8 top 10's and 7 of those in the top 5

I can believe that Wiggo may be the better man for a Tour, I can believe that in time Wiggo may be revered as a better cyclist than Cadel. I struggle to believe how and why he is superior at this event to the extent he is. After all Cadel has been beating him regularly over previous years and now all of a sudden Wiggo is better and better by such a margin when most would consider Cadel still at the top of his game

So are you accusing him or not?
    Cause you sure are implying it.

classic voeckler on the climb, king of the niggle

nibali is a great to watch on the descent, has sagan with him, sky down a man as well

shaping up for a good finish on this stage carrrrrrrrrrrrn
    Last edited by q-money; 12-07-2012 at 12:36 AM.

ffs go to an ad break, come back and sagan is busted

great win for voeckler, how good is jens voigt the old battleaxe, would have been fantastic if he got the win

i thought van garderen was blown but he dragged himself back into it, he'll be a great rider in a few years

not much doing at the pointy end other than evans trying to steal a couple of seconds at the finish, maybe we'll see something tomorrow

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    missing my main man Cavendish.

cant wait for the next sprint finish.
    Novocastria Youth

should be a good race tonight think its an uphill finish
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/...712-21x1y.html

Brendan Gallagher in Bellegarde-sur-Valserine
    Team Sky's principal, Dave Brailsford, had earlier had to deal with questions about why they had employed, on an 80-day contract, Dutch doctor Geert Leinders, who worked with the Rabobank team when they were embroiled in a doping scandal.

"I categorically, 100 per cent say that there's no risk of anything untoward happening in this team since he has been with us," said Brailsford. "I've seen nothing and neither have the full-time medics. I'd put my life on it. He's done nothing wrong here, but we have a reputational risk. We have had discussions with him and once we've established the facts, we will take the appropriate action."
    Obviously this doesn't mean Wiggins or Froome have in anyway broken the rules. But given Geert Leinders history you do wonder why the Sky team would want him on board.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    should be a good race tonight think its an uphill finish
    tough old day in The Alps coming up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    So are you accusing him or not?
    Cause you sure are implying it.
    As the age old expression goes Where there is smoke there is fire. I see an awful lot of smoke here. Can't find the fire yet. The ridiculous thing with this is that even if Wiggo is clean there is gonna be HUGE question marks surrounding his (IMPENDING) win into the future years. Right now even Lance Armstrong can't escape the accusations of doping and even if he gets away from his current legal challenge the doubters will still remain strong.

Wiggo will be looked at suspiciously because of his improvements, margins to rivals and the relative ease with which he is doing it. If you are clean and are in this position not really a great future to look forward to being hounded at every interview being accused of drug use. Will look like an even bigger fool if in time he is caught after denying it to all and sundry

As the age old expression goes Where there is smoke there is fire. I see an awful lot of smoke here. Can't find the fire yet. The ridiculous thing with this is that even if Wiggo is clean there is gonna be HUGE question marks surrounding his (IMPENDING) win into the future years. Right now even Lance Armstrong can't escape the accusations of doping and even if he gets away from his current legal challenge the doubters will still remain strong.

Wiggo will be looked at suspiciously because of his improvements, margins to rivals and the relative ease with which he is doing it. If you are clean and are in this position not really a great future to look forward to being hounded at every interview being accused of drug use. Will look like an even bigger fool if in time he is caught after denying it to all and sundry

Yeah, so, do you think he's clean or not?

Banned
    Yeah, so, do you think he's clean or not?
    The answer you are looking for is not yes

The answer you are looking for is not yes
    I was getting worried someone had hacked your account, its not like you to not have an opinion.
    I for one, think he's clean.
    Like Usain Bolt, Michael Johnson, Roger Federer, Michael Jordan and even back to Jesse Owens sometimes the planets align and a superduper star does stuff that is hard to imagine.
    I will also say that being suss of someone in a sport like cycling is entirely plausible. Not like the sport has a great track record.
    anyway back to the riding part.
    Caaaarrrrrnnnn Cadel.

Banned
    I was getting worried someone had hacked your account, its not like you to not have an opinion.
    I for one, think he's clean.
    Like Usain Bolt, Michael Johnson, Roger Federer, Michael Jordan and even back to Jesse Owens sometimes the planets align and a superduper star does stuff that is hard to imagine.
    I will also say that being suss of someone in a sport like cycling is entirely plausible. Not like the sport has a great track record.
    anyway back to the riding part.
    Caaaarrrrrnnnn Cadel.
    The interesting part of your comparison with the stars you quote. Now we will leave any accusations on these blokes with doping cheating out of it but these blokes are arguably the greatest in their chosen field or in their era.

Difference between them and Wiggo is that these blokes are dead set stars. Wiggo isn't even close to being the best cyclist of this generation let alone of all time. The other thing about these blokes as they were pretty much stars once they got to world prominence and their flame burnt brighter over time as their success followed. Wiggo on the other hand has been around for years and all of a sudden he is gonna have the Tiger Woods effect on Cycling??

I call BS