Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Put a seat on it - Cycling Thread

Chris Froome running up Ventoux. Aren't you supposed to have a bike???

is this Caleb Ewan kid the business or what lads?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    is this Caleb Ewan kid the business or what lads?
    He's never going to win a grand tour if that's what you are asking. Lots of politics in cycling and no matter how good your are you need a team around you that can support you. For a sprinter you really need a good lead out man - nobody is good enough to do it all alone. I'd say Caleb Ewan would make a very good lead out man at this stage for one of the bigger names in sprinting.

He's entered in the Giro this year so we will find out soon enough how good he is.

Any TdF fans out there?

Richie Porte demolishing Froome in the TT at the traditional warm up event Criterium de Dauphine last night is going to make things very interesting if he can keep it together.

as van Garderen isn't riding the TDF this year Porte should get the best possible chance of having a crack at the GC. only problem is he's probably stronger than his team again and it might cost him if he loses blokes heading into the hills.

clearly the best aussie hope for a while, and is very safely held at $3 on SB.

i'll have a few bucks on valverde if porte and froome cook themselves, stranger things have happened!

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    as van Garderen isn't riding the TDF this year Porte should get the best possible chance of having a crack at the GC. only problem is he's probably stronger than his team again and it might cost him if he loses blokes heading into the hills.

clearly the best aussie hope for a while, and is very safely held at $3 on SB.

i'll have a few bucks on valverde if porte and froome cook themselves, stranger things have happened!
    Froome is the defending champ at Dauphine so to get 30 plus seconds put on you over 23km would be a shock.

The big thing with Richie is he has never put it together consistently in a grand tour. If he can do that, and put time on Froome in the TTs he may be a chance. Always tough to beat the Skytrain though.

I can't believe they still let these tri-athlon bitches ride in grand tours.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I can't believe they still let these tri-athlon bitches ride in grand tours.
    Grrrrrr thats fighting words there ............The stories of Richie's athletic ability are legendary in the pool and on the run. In his day could run a sub 30min 10km off the bike. Makes you sick to think he is or was that good. BMC do a pool drill every preseason to test lung capacity by seeing how far they can swim under water without taking a breath. Richie regularly hits 75m.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Grrrrrr thats fighting words there ............The stories of Richie's athletic ability are legendary in the pool and on the run. In his day could run a sub 30min 10km off the bike. Makes you sick to think he is or was that good. BMC do a pool drill every preseason to test lung capacity by seeing how far they can swim under water without taking a breath. Richie regularly hits 75m.
    I have to look away or brace myself every time I see him on someones back wheel.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    yeah BMC should stick with mountain bike jerks if they want to win a grand tour

Alpe D'Huez in Criterium tonight.

Richie unlucky not to get the stage win last night.

Tonight's stage should give a decent sight for Le Tour.

that was a pretty awesome descent by the three of them last night. that move by froome past porte tooks some massive bloody balls.

Absolutely.

I'm a fan of a move on the decent as much as I'm a fan of a move up the mountains.'

Thought Porte did well to keep his head. No panic.

Porte seems in good form but he just won't have the team around him for the Tour.

Porte blew the GC apart in the last 1 or 2 kms.

Bardet looked superb.

might be paying for that effort yesterday.

froome is throwing everything into it today.

i've never watched a clock so closely...gripping

PUT THE BLOODY CLOCK BACK UP!!!! argh!

Looks like Fuglsang's nicked it.

ouch

other ouches