Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Put a seat on it - Cycling Thread

saw some dick cycling the esplande speers point. sif right of way will stop a squashed head.

Banned
    Australian cycling veteran Michael Rogers says his positive test to the banned substance clenbuterol might have been caused by contaminated food.
    See your ad here

The 33-year-old, a three-time world time trial champion and 2004 Olympic bronze medallist, provided the positive urine sample during his victory at the Japan Cup road race on October 20.

Rogers has been provisionally suspended by the UCI, the sport’s governing body.

But the Saxo-Tinkoff rider denies deliberate doping, fearing a contaminated food caused him to fail the test.

The UCI said Rogers’s provisional suspension would remain in force until a hearing convened by Cycling Australia determines whether he has committed an anti-doping rule violation.

Rogers competed in China a week before his failed test and the UCI and WADA have warned athletes in the past to exercise caution in the country due to the use of illicit use of the growth promoter in livestock there.

‘‘Michael Rogers immediately informed Saxo-Tinkoff’s management about the notification from the UCI,’’ the cycling team said in a statement on Wednesday.

‘‘The Australian explained to the team management that he never ingested the substance knowingly nor deliberately and fears that the adverse analytical finding origins [came] from a contaminated food source.’’

Rogers has the right to request and attend the analysis of his B sample.

A positive test to clenbuterol, which helps build muscle and burn fat, cost Alberto Contador his victory at the 2010 Tour de France.

Contador blamed contaminated meat for the positive test, but WADA rejected the Spaniard’s claim.

Rogers joined Contador at Team Saxo-Tinkoff last season from Team Sky.

Rogers, a veteran of nine Tour de France campaigns, left Sky after being named in evidence in the Lance Armstrong case as working with the American’s favoured doctor Michele Ferrari.

The Australian won three consecutive world time trial championships from 2003, the first of which was awarded to him after David Millar confessed to taking EPO.

Rogers was upgraded to bronze in the time trial at the 2004 Athens Olympics when American Tyler Hamilton was disqualified.

The Australian finished this season on a high by holding off a strong group of chasers to claim victory over 151.3kilometres at the Japan Cup in Utsunomiya.

The UCI said the decision to suspend Rogers was made in response to a report from the WADA-accredited laboratory in Tokyo indicating an ‘‘adverse analytical finding of clenbuterol’’ in a urine sample collected during the event.

The UCI announced Belgian rider Jonathan Breyne had also been suspended for supplying a positive test for clenbuterol at the Tour of Taihu Lake in China on November 5.

The positive tests come as a fresh blow to the credibility of the sport, which many cyclists insist has largely left behind its troubled past.
    See your ad here

‘‘The state of the sport generally is fantastic,’’ Australian ace Simon Gerrans said recently.

‘‘I’m really confident the sport is being raced clean now on a very large scale.’’

Former Australian cyclists Stuart O’Grady and Matt White this year admitted to doping during their careers but, unlike Rogers, they did not test positive in competition. AAP
    Part of Bradley Wiggins team that won the TDF has been now caught out. Anyone still think Wiggins was clean??

waiting for the b sample yuh

wot????????????

is this legit?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    has anyone ever seen a MAMIL with any decent sort of pedalling technique?

knees out wide, swaying all over the shop, being fat, torso going up and down like they're climbing when they're going down a gentle slope

haha i know right, they all climb like gronks as well, horrible body position, too fat to get on the front wheel

i assume this will be me one day

how good was yesterday's road nationals btw

gerrans, evans, porte on the top step (y)

Great race but Gerrans was always going to win if it was a bunch. Evans and Porte really had to drop him and that wasn't going to happen without the assistance of a team.

yeah no doubt, still good to see the big guns coming back and making it a serious event.

brutal race, only 41 finishers.

Thinking of getting a new bike.

Have a short ride to work, and wanna ride round with the kids.

Are Cell any good?

Thinking of their single speed for $200 (like the simplicity of them and the extra work I'll need to do getting home up a long steady hill) or pretending I live in surry hills and going for a custom coloured atrocity.

Not keen to spend too much 200-400.

http://www.cellbikes.com.au/custom/b...-bikes.html?v8

Advice?

as i said on the twitters they're not a bad pushy at all - just the wheels might need changing out if you ride it a lot - ask the cell dudes and they'll probably say the same and get you a stronger wheelset - look at this - http://www.cellbikes.com.au/Sturmey-...Hub-700C-Wheel

gives you an extra gear on the fixie as well

on a side note, the new cell omeo range looks absolutely brilliant for the price points - di2, full carbon etc on the 2.0 for under 3k - beaut looker as well. the 1.5 will come with an SRAM gruppo, dunno if black or red but i think i know what my next treddlie will be

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post

Are Cell any good?

Thinking of their single speed for $200 (like the simplicity of them and the extra work I'll need to do getting home up a long steady hill) or pretending I live in surry hills and going for a custom coloured atrocity.

Advice?
    A frame thats made from 4130 and it has sealed hubs as well. You won't do any better than that for under $400.

Looks like a good buy.

thanks for the help.

q. i contacted cell, discolsed my weight, the response was.... dont treat it like a bmx and you'll be fine.

the custom colour option comes with free postage and if i make it hideous no-one will want to pinch it..... lime and yellow me thinks.

q. i contacted cell, discolsed my weight, the response was.... dont treat it like a bmx and you'll be fine.

Are Cell any good?

Advice?
    Haven't really gone through the spec, but is it a full fixie? my get old pretty quickly commuting if you can't coast at traffic lights, going Downhill etc.

The rear hub is flip-flop. Which I'm learning means it can be freewheel too. Which I'm planning to use it as.

I've also learnt the term "Clydesdale" thanks to q's concerns about the wheel set.
    I do believe I'm a "super clydesdale"

The rear hub is flip-flop. Which I'm learning means it can be freewheel too. Which I'm planning to use it as.

I've also learnt the term "Clydesdale" thanks to q's concerns about the wheel set.
    I do believe I'm a "super clydesdale"
    Just check the flip flop, they can be fixie both sides with different sprocket sizes.

Wheels can be an issue. I am by no means heavy, but destroy anything with less than a 30 spoke count pretty quickly.

FRAME 4130 Cr-Mo w/ rack and bottle cage mounts
    FORK Hi-Ten Steel 1 1/8"
    H/SET 1-1/8inch Heavy Duty Steel
    B/B SET Cartridge 103mm/68mm
    RIMS Deep Profile700c 32H w/ CNC Machined Sidewalls
    F/HUB Sealed 32H Alloy Hi-Flange (White)
    R/HUB Sealed 32H Alloy Hi-Flange (White) Flip-Flop w/ 16t Fixed Cog and 16t Freewheel
    SPOKES 14G (White) Stainless Steel w/14mm Brass Nipples
    TYRES CST 700x23c
    TUBES 60mm Long Valve Presta
    H/BAR Alloy Riser Bar
    H/STEM Forged Alloy
    SADDLE Aero Saddle w/ Chromeplate Rails
    SEATPOST Zoom Alloy 26.0mm x 250mm
    CHAINRING 1/8x46t 7075CNC Alloy
    CHAIN KMC Z410 1/2x1/8x94links
    PEDALS Wellgo LU-P8
    B/LEVERS AlloyBMX-type
    F/BRAKE Alloy Dual Pivot
    R/BRAKE Alloy Dual Pivot

Mostly all Dutch to me.

paris-Roubaix on this sunday night. 9:30pm, SBS.

cobblestones

Awesome race. Really tests both the equipment and the rider.