Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Put a seat on it - Cycling Thread

seems like he's clean to me. it's not until you win more than 5 that people start to wonder.

but seriously, it looks like he's got a great team around him, and that, i think, is what will get him to the line first. he's got in front from one stage (the time trial, which he's always been pretty good at) and a team around him that is going to drag him on to cadel's wheel each time they need to get him there.

18km climb should be interesting tonight.

Plague,
    None of those guys were cyclists either.

I dunno, Wiggo has been a pretty awesome cyclist for a while now

2000 Olympics Bronze medal in the track team pursuit

2001: Silver team pursuit

2002: Bronze team pursuit

2003: Gold team pursuit

2004 Olympics: Gold in pursuit, silver in teams pursuit & bronze in the madison (first time in 40 years 1 cyclist had won 3 medals)

2005 won Individual & team pursuit gold medals

2007 World Champion Individual & team pursuit gold medals

2008 Olympics won gold in the pursuit again (first time it had been successfully defended) & gold in team pursuit - including breaking the then world record twice in 2 days. Also world champion in individual pursuit,team pursuit (another world record) & madison

2009 4th in le tour & won the Herald Sun Tour

2011 Won Criterium du Dauphinè, Crashed during le tour & had to withdraw, 3rd in Vuelta, second in time trial world championships

2012 he was the first cyclist to ever win Paris-Nice, the Tour de Romandie and Critérium du Dauphiné in one season.

(i've probably missed some of his results http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Wiggins)

And besides, he has the best sideburns in this years tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Plague,
    None of those guys were cyclists either.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    I dunno, Wiggo has been a pretty awesome cyclist for a while now

2000 Olympics Bronze medal in the track team pursuit

2001: Silver team pursuit

2002: Bronze team pursuit

2003: Gold team pursuit

2004 Olympics: Gold in pursuit, silver in teams pursuit & bronze in the madison (first time in 40 years 1 cyclist had won 3 medals)

2005 won Individual & team pursuit gold medals

2007 World Champion Individual & team pursuit gold medals

2008 Olympics won gold in the pursuit again (first time it had been successfully defended) & gold in team pursuit - including breaking the then world record twice in 2 days. Also world champion in individual pursuit,team pursuit (another world record) & madison

2009 4th in le tour & won the Herald Sun Tour

2011 Won Criterium du Dauphinè, Crashed during le tour & had to withdraw, 3rd in Vuelta, second in time trial world championships

2012 he was the first cyclist to ever win Paris-Nice, the Tour de Romandie and Critérium du Dauphiné in one season.

(i've probably missed some of his results http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Wiggins)

And besides, he has the best sideburns in this years tour.

ah, so what happened in 2006? must have been when he dosed himself up for this years tour.

heard don bradman was on the juice
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Can you still be awarded the green or polka dot jersey title if you don't complete the whole race?

No, you need to finish.

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    R.I.P Mark Renshaw
    Novocastria Youth

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    attack from cadel !
    Novocastria Youth

been a real test for the teammates of Wiggins and Evans. Evan's case isn't being put in the same light as wiggins but this tejay van garden guy for evans is an awesome climber was apparently brought pacifically brought in by evans to support him in these stages and if BMC had their heads screwed on had the perfect opportunity to last night (after basically no support in the first 10 days) when evans attacked. (just read foxsports report and there reporter thought the exact same thing).

wiggins on the other hand is almost basically holding back froome bloke individually took cadel out of it in the last climb with some ridiculous pace setting that actually ended up dropping the whole field before sky told him to pull his head in protect wiggins. he's paid for a reason i guess. reminds me of the whole armstrong and contador teammate stuff a couple of years ago, when contador basically just left everyone for dead on the first alp stage to remind everyone that he was the top rider in the team.

sad that the tour is now basically over in the general classification barring a meltdown in team sky, good to see rolland win after crashing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Newyrover7 View Post
    brought pacifically
    wat

Yeah commentators said last night there are 3 Sky riders apart from Wiggins who are genuine GC chances. Don't expect them to all stick together once egos start getting involved.
    Excellent comparison to the Armstrong/Contador situation. Sky are too strong this year.

sky's doping program bodes well for 'strayas lympic team

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah commentators said last night there are 3 Sky riders apart from Wiggins who are genuine GC chances. Don't expect them to all stick together once egos start getting involved.
    Excellent comparison to the Armstrong/Contador situation. Sky are too strong this year.
    Cycling is a team sport unlike others. Ego rarely comes into. Sky have spent all season building for this and all 11 days so far riding for Wiggo. They ain't gonna implode now with self centred angles. Playing the team role as the supporting crew are doing will actually work in their favour when it comes time to renew contract /sign with rival teams. No one wants a self centred non team player in their squad and the Sky team if they let Ego get involved would ultimately hurt the support riders futures.

Froome would have got word from the Team Director to ease up when he started dropping Wiggo. Froome did and waited for Wiggo to catch up and then done his job. If ego was getting involved Froome would have told the Team Director where to go and pushed on and left Wiggo in his wake.

Ego's won't stop the Sky procession. Drug Testers may and the slim possibility of Wiggo having a crash will be the only thing that stops Wiggo getting the Yellow in Paris.

To compare the thing with Contador and Armstrong is a bit of a joke. Both are Alpha Males in Cycling so both would believe they were the best and would want to prove it. That is why they were only on the team together for 1 year. The whole the town isn't big enough for the two of them principle

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    teams should be abolished to allow the riders to duke it out individually.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    teams should be abolished to allow the riders to duke it out individually.
    Would make for some more interesting spectacle in one regard. Tactics would be crazy

they should have to walk the whole course imo

or do it on my old huffy rockjumper while smoking a cigga

dave the bloke across the road used to do flips on his dad's road bike after drinking half a goon sack, lets see these poofters do that hey

this is how boz gets to the tenzo each weekend

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    that's some sweet lady bike action right there