Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Put a seat on it - Cycling Thread

geez valverdes crash is big. love the medical treatment he gets

Luke Durbridge had a massive stack in the TT too. I think he abandoned overnight.

Another triathlete with fcuk all bike handling skills biting the dust. These blokes are useless. He should stick to the track and leave the road stuff to the big boys.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-07-2017 at 03:24 PM.

valverde couldn't handle it, and he's been a road rider all his life as far as i'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Another triathlete with fcuk all bike handling skills biting the dust. These blokes are useless. He should stick to the track and leave the road stuff to the big boys.
    Ha lay off the triathletes buddy. There is a reason why these guys are the best in the business.

Was listening to the Orica backstage pass when Durbo pulled out. His ankle tendon kept popping out and he was pushing it back in......man these guys are toough

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    valverde couldn't handle it, and he's been a road rider all his life as far as i'm aware.
    Durbo was a junior triathlete.

lol dunster wants to see them all on bmx's i reckon

i like making fun of triathletes as much as the next bloke but those conditions were diabolical

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    those conditions were diabolical
    This.

Banned
    lol dunster wants to see them all on bmx's i reckon

i like making fun of triathletes as much as the next bloke but those conditions were diabolical
    Their professionals QMan

Need to grow a pair and deal with the elements

Triathletes in general are poor bike handlers. I ride with plenty and should know. Poor habits and too much time spent on the windtrainer than out on the road.

Once you start road racing and bunch riding you learn like anyone else. Richie Porte is as good a bike handler now than anyone on the tour. Just some like Sagan and the Shark are freaks

Porte could win three grand tours and I still wouldn't rate him anywhere near the calibre of someone like Robbie McEwan or Cadel Evans. Porte's just another one of those dime a dozen V02Max types.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 04-07-2017 at 01:10 PM.

massive pisstake.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post

massive pisstake.
    Oscar winning material for sure - looks very funny.

Well the TDF is anyones to win now.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Well the TDF is anyones to win now.
    Well the green jersey anyway.

So much commentary around this morning on who was in the right and wrong. If you ignore that and listen to what the riders actually say afterwards it tells you what happens.

Sagan says he was following the wheel of Demare and didn't know Cav was there until there was contact. That I totally beleive. Sagan is sticking to the wheel like glue and would be easy to not notice Cav.

Cav says that he wasn't happy with the veer across his line but that's Racing. Exactly and somthing he does regularly. Cav then says he has questions about the elbow.

And lastly Sagan apologises immediately.

DQ was way too harsh but no doubt Sagan was at fault and elbow was uncalled for

DQ is an outrageous punishment, it's racing ffs

cav was probably in the wrong to go for that gap as much as sagan is for probably elbowing him

big precedent for the rest of the tour

DQ is an outrageous punishment, it's racing ffs

cav was probably in the wrong to go for that gap as much as sagan is for probably elbowing him

big precedent for the rest of the tour
    Cav is a pratt and has done that and worse before. But Sagan comes from behind and drifted following Demare, all Cav did is follow his line along the barrier. Can't fault Cav for any of that.

I have seen all the still shots and theories, but watch the overhead footage being replayed on Foxsports News. Probably that footage was the nail in the coffin.

Still at that speed things happen. DQ is way over the top

That footage is very deceiving. All you see is from the front of the riders and no appreciation of the body bump from Sagan or the extent of the elbow flick at the end.

All this crap about Cav already falling. Wow an experienced sprinter doesn't fall for no reason.

I know sfa all about cycling but from my naive perspective using that aerial footage, Sagan attempts to block the overtaking lane that had just been utilised and clearly elbows Cav.

And I don't fault Cav for trying to take that inside line either - he'd just seen it used and when he decided to go for it, was still open.
    OK