Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: attempting to hire other clubs grounds for trial games

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

attempting to hire other clubs grounds for trial games

does this come across as a real dog act to everyone else?

seriously, it's just poor form to save your own field at the expense of another club's

yes. agree

Care to elaborate?
    Who has tried to get on the Ath Field?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Could understand if their current ground had not been marked been set up for football season yet and yours had but if done just to preserve their pitch then a disgrace

I know a few who are good at this

I saw on the state cup thread that maitland vs southy had been moved from original host field @ azzuri to Ulinga oval?? Or was this a mistake? Will all washed out games end up being played at different fields or are original host nominated fields meant to still play the games there?

What about a few NPL teams using Novocastrian Park at New Lambton for training prior to the season.

This is even worse. Stuffing up the ground for the New Lambton Juniors. They should use their own junior grounds.

I think going straight to Council rather than contacting the clubs first is pretty shit too

and it's not just Athfield - that's got more issues than just other football clubs ****wittery

but saving your ground by training on another club's is just shitful

Totally agree with you here boz, if your team feild is there and able to be use they should use it. same with trail games if feild is set up for it then they should use it.

but i do understand with cricket still on that its hard for teams to put up there goals and mark feild atm.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    What about a few NPL teams using Novocastrian Park at New Lambton for training prior to the season.

This is even worse. Stuffing up the ground for the New Lambton Juniors. They should use their own junior grounds.
    If the clubs have booked to use a field e.g. Novocastrian Park with council's summer applications and this is approved by council then tuff luck, maybe New Lambton needs to book its fields out during summer in the event that sometime in the future it's NPL teams will have pristine fields to train on during the preseason. Some NPL clubs train on pitches used by cricket which are not available until 1st April when the winter applications commence.

to add.. i don't think the club looking for a training venue should have to ask the traditional ground users to use the ground prior to the commencement of the next season say OCT-DEC... January onwards i would expect the clubs to contact one and other. Most juniors dont start training till february onwards anyways.

it adds a massive cost to clubs to have to book their own grounds just to stop other jerks hiring their fields

bit of a dog act to lump a junior club with that additional cost, just to save your own ground

but hey, it's not illegal, just unethical and a bit shit

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    it adds a massive cost to clubs to have to book their own grounds just to stop other jerks hiring their fields

bit of a dog act to lump a junior club with that additional cost, just to save your own ground

but hey, it's not illegal, just unethical and a bit shit
    I remember a few times Uni (I think) tried to train on No 4 because Ray Watt was still tied up with cricket, and I think Merewether juniors also tried a few times to train on there one year, but us spreading our selves out, or a quite word (or forceful, expletive ridden words if a certain ex club president was at the ground!) seemed to knock that on the head pretty quickly.

If council have allowed someone to book it for training or games then they must've changed the rules re field allocations, I got told a few times we couldn't book No 4 (for training or games) for days before the NCC 'winter season' commenced - I got told a couple of times it's a council ground, you can't book it for soccer in summer, you'll have to share. And they'd let you know if someone else was proposing to use it too.

i will admit asking council if athletic track was available because i know it has been hired out in the past to various teams
    i would like to play games at our ground but the cricket has the rights till just before season kick off

To be honest, I'll be happy to have a ground with lights for mid-week training. At the moment St Johns Anglican FC, new to newcastle football, does not have a ground to train on. This is due to Plattsburg getting the new ground at the sanctuary in fletcher over the partnership of Fletcher-BTAC and us, with us getting lumped with Cook Park, which doesn't have any lights. And it doesn't help when council are being right pricks and not helping us to find another ground to train on because of the lack of lights at Cook Park.

If anyone can help us, we're more that happy to pay, we just need an area with lights from 7pm on Wednesdays, please message me. We only have 2 teams and they train together, so we need a maximum of half a field. Any help would be much appreciated.

And on Col Curran, is that the emerging jets new home? If it is, I don't think that it is particularly fair on us mortals that we're being screwed around because of a rep team. Why should a selective team get preference over any other club that looks to engage the community and grow? Thats not right.
    Last edited by Thomas477; 06-03-2014 at 08:34 PM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I believe the emerging jets are using westy juniors for training

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I believe the emerging jets are using westy juniors for training
    Cheers mate, well has anyone heard what is happening to Col Curran?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I think the take home message should really be that if you want to play a trial game and you know a club has a field available - get in contact with that club and ask to play them - going behind their back to Council is just plain shit

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post

Who exactly??? It would be interesting to see if these clubs are serial offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I think the take home message should really be that if you want to play a trial game and you know a club has a field available - get in contact with that club and ask to play them - going behind their back to Council is just plain shit
    Once again who exactly and what ground?