Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Will do Dan. Good job for getting in early.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Back to the splitting of teams and A and B stuff. What would happen if Hamilton and Magic played an A and B squad their A teams would flog everyone. Talking to some of the parents I know at Hamilton. They deliberately keep them even to spread the talent to keep 2 evenly matched teams.
    Has it ever been considered that the two teams from a club actually play each other in a season? While I'm sure some clubs wouldn't like the idea solely on principal, I can see no reason why all teams in SAP shouldn't play each other. There is almost no interchanging of players between teams as far as I can see, so the only thing stopping it would be clubs saying 'no' purely on tribal grounds.

Club Team A vs Club Team B would mean that those clubs with two strong teams get to have another game (in competition-like conditions) against another good team, and NNSWF scouts would get to see how kids at that club match up against each other (as opposed to getting a snapshot of the kids in games against teams of varying strength). If the point of SAP is about making better players and not the results, its illogical that there are teams that would avoid playing each other, potentially all the way from u9-u11 if teams are now having two teams in u11.

Surely the bigger picture should be that we want the best vs the best as often as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Has it ever been considered that the two teams from a club actually play each other in a season? While I'm sure some clubs wouldn't like the idea solely on principal, I can see no reason why all teams in SAP shouldn't play each other. There is almost no interchanging of players between teams as far as I can see, so the only thing stopping it would be clubs saying 'no' purely on tribal grounds.

Club Team A vs Club Team B would mean that those clubs with two strong teams get to have another game (in competition-like conditions) against another good team, and NNSWF scouts would get to see how kids at that club match up against each other (as opposed to getting a snapshot of the kids in games against teams of varying strength). If the point of SAP is about making better players and not the results, its illogical that there are teams that would avoid playing each other, potentially all the way from u9-u11 if teams are now having two teams in u11.

Surely the bigger picture should be that we want the best vs the best as often as possible.
    I think the only limitations are logistics and planning, the way the competition schedule is handled it makes it easier to plan around club vs club. Adding a layer of complication would make it that much harder to get an accurate draw in good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I think the only limitations are logistics and planning, the way the competition schedule is handled it makes it easier to plan around club vs club. Adding a layer of complication would make it that much harder to get an accurate draw in good time.
    Yes, I can see this, but they could simply do a couple of additional 'club' rounds, perhaps during the scheduled weekends off, or even just before the season or at the end of the season. It might take a bit of thought and planning, but I think it would be worth it to stop teams avoiding playing one and other for little reason.

Yes, I can see this, but they could simply do a couple of additional 'club' rounds, perhaps during the scheduled weekends off, or even just before the season or at the end of the season. It might take a bit of thought and planning, but I think it would be worth it to stop teams avoiding playing one and other for little reason.
    Agreed, There have been enough football free weekends this year that the club could have organised intra club games anyway. Perhaps Northern could have suggested it.

i like the idea. Even pushing it further if NNSW reschedules the draw mid season, and Jaffas have 2 strong teams and Edgy only 1, put all 3 in the one half of the draw and if they end up playing each other then good.

Our club def trains separate, and often has mini games to end training of squad v squad.
    So they are already going at each other anyway.

Again, keeping the best kids against the best kids is the whole idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i like the idea. Even pushing it further if NNSW reschedules the draw mid season, and Jaffas have 2 strong teams and Edgy only 1, put all 3 in the one half of the draw and if they end up playing each other then good.

Our club def trains separate, and often has mini games to end training of squad v squad.

Yep, I agree - after the mid-season split draw is the time to do it. They are already grading the teams it seems - just pitch the best against the best regardless of club. It would make for some very competitive matches every week and all the kids will benefit.

Do the kids travel to other states to test themselves against unfamiliar opponents ?

It would be great to see some kind of a Nationwide elite U10 tournament if one doesn't already exist.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 31-07-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Do the kids travel to other states to test themselves against unfamiliar opponents ?

It would be great to see some kind of a Nationwide elite U10 tournament if one doesn't already exist.
    not sure about nationwide but im positive Jaffas had a SAP 9's team that went to a tournament in Canberra last year.
    Pretty sure it was organised through Jaffas and Jobe and not part of SAP program.

Dont know if the TSP program plays against other teams yet or if its just training.

If anything (costs/logistics etc) the benefit would be for the TSP kids to play against the best from Syd/Melb etc somehow. Having the bulk of SAP kids playing any higher level at the moment wouldnt benefit them (unless opening their eyes to the level they need to be is a benefit?).
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Yep, I agree - after the mid-season split draw is the time to do it. They are already grading the teams it seems - just pitch the best against the best regardless of club. It would make for some very competitive matches every week and all the kids will benefit.
    Can only assume if all clubs go to one squad in 11's next year it should make for better quality matches every week from every club, assuming the cast offs from the better clubs end up in another squad somewhere.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

I know in Sydney they have SAP Gala Days. Seeing as NNSWF already has an idea on the better teams currently, you’d think there would be an opportunity clubs here to get involved in these? It would be a great experience.

not sure about nationwide but im positive Jaffas had a SAP 9's team that went to a tournament in Canberra last year.
    Pretty sure it was organised through Jaffas and Jobe and not part of SAP program.

Dont know if the TSP program plays against other teams yet or if its just training.

If anything (costs/logistics etc) the benefit would be for the TSP kids to play against the best from Syd/Melb etc somehow. Having the bulk of SAP kids playing any higher level at the moment wouldnt benefit them (unless opening their eyes to the level they need to be is a benefit?).
    I think this is the Kanga Cup. It looks a good competition, but I heard they were pretty light on u9 and u10 teams this year. I think the Emerging Jets u12 girls went there and did pretty well.

I think this is the Kanga Cup. It looks a good competition, but I heard they were pretty light on u9 and u10 teams this year. I think the Emerging Jets u12 girls went there and did pretty well.
    We’ll be aiming to take the 9’s, 10’s & 11’s to the Kanga Cup next year at Wallsend.

I know in Sydney they have SAP Gala Days. Seeing as NNSWF already has an idea on the better teams currently, you’d think there would be an opportunity clubs here to get involved in these? It would be a great experience.
    Jaffas U9's played Apia Leichardt in the pre-season after 2 weeks of training in their first game together. Both teams were beaten comprehensively but I think they'd give them a very competitive game now.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/36...adf75c2292f125

Adamstown have announced EOIs for their SAP (and other) trials. No word on dates yet but application form is above.

Jaffas are also holding the first of their SAP u9 training days this coming Wednesday. The details are:
    Wallarah Oval, Monash Road, New Lambton. 5.45pm arrival for 6:00pm start.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/36...adf75c2292f125

Adamstown have announced EOIs for their SAP (and other) trials. No word on dates yet but application form is above.

Jaffas are also holding the first of their SAP u9 training days this coming Wednesday. The details are:
    Wallarah Oval, Monash Road, New Lambton. 5.45pm arrival for 6:00pm start.
    Open trials in 11's might see a crowd turn up, all wearing different kits.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to links you can put in a thread? I keep getting a 403 Forbidden error when I am trying to edit the original post with more links.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    We’ll be aiming to take the 9’s, 10’s & 11’s to the Kanga Cup next year at Wallsend.
    Out of interest Dan, will you try and include the Kanga Cup trip costs as part of SAP registrations, or run this separately? I assume travel/accommodation will not be cheap, so just wondering whether Wallsend have come up with some kind of package to make this more affordable for parents?

I'd imagine you'd want to lock in players and travel plans pretty early on, as some won't be able to afford it and some people will always drop out at the last minute. You don't want to be scrambling around for players to fill spots or ask parents to pay more money to cover the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a limit to links you can put in a thread? I keep getting a 403 Forbidden error when I am trying to edit the original post with more links.
    No sorry mate - it took me a few goes to work out how to reply to certain posts. I'm the last person to ask!!

How was everyone's SAP weekend? I saw that Olympic were up against Singleton and the Hunter Valley Football Girls. I've not seen either of these teams, so would be interested to know how the games went? I assume the HVFG are u11s?