Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    as if the member doesn't have a one way ticket to hell already booked
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    as if the member doesn't have a one way ticket to hell already booked
    I may be many things but don't forget I have the get out of gaol free card of repenting my sins and accepting JC as my lord and saviour to avoid the never ending BBQ.

You non believers don't have that luxury

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I may be many things but don't forget I have the get out of gaol free card of repenting my sins and accepting JG as my lord and saviour to avoid the never ending BBQ.

You non believers don't have that luxury
    Fixed..

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I hope you don't mix your clothing fabrics, and check that fruit you buy came from trees greater than 4 years old.

On that note, don't trim your beard, or cut your hair at the sides.

Hope you never worked between sunset Friday and sunset Saturday, or sold land permenantly.

I look forward to getting a tan with you member.
    Curious to know if the honorable member follows these....or are they a bit outdated....

About time this thread got back to talking about lunatics

I cant make polls but heres something:
    Q: should the marriage equality issue be decided by
    1. Pollies through legislation now:
    2. A referendum or plebiscite
    3. By pollies but after the next election so each member has a chance to state their stance on the issue before voters go to the polls next time
    4. Slobs.

Thoughts?

im leaning towards 3.
    reason: the issue of gay marriage is actually not up to the pollies individual stance. a member of parliament is there to enact the wishes of his/her constituency.
    if the electorate overwhelmingly demands either a yes or no on the issue then the elected official should obey their wishes regardless of their personal stance.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    i think a referendum would get it done with a lot less fuss
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

fair point. but i can also see the counterpoint in that the issue of marriage equality(whether we like to admit it or not) affects only a very small part of the population.
    so for other issues of this 'size' are people going to expect the right of a referendum for them also?
    what about going to war? retirement age? immigration?
    it opens up a can of worms.

and again, I'm not saying your point it wrong, and tbf id be happy to do it that way as well.
    i just thought the counter argument on this is fair.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Most referendums fail

Add in the bit that Abbott and co can doctor it in such a way to suit there agenda.

Just look at what Jack Boot Johhny done with the republic referendum.

Plenty were keen and still voted no as they didn't like the model of pollies electing the president (Obviously miss the point how we don't vote for the PM Governor General Now)

Add in the other aspect that people get the shits about having to vote will add a good no vote on principal.

Referendum would be the worst option for the move getting up

forgive my ignorance as i only studied legal studies to perv on chicks, but can't you only have a referendum in australia to change a specific part of the constitution?

marriage is defined in the marriage act 1961, not in the constitution, therefore it has to go through parliament, not to a referendum yeah?

also, i believe the referendum in ireland was voluntary, so easier to skew a campaign to where you want it to go

always harder to get something up/vote it down in a country where everyone is legally compelled to vote, i.e. straya

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    forgive my ignorance as i only studied legal studies to perv on chicks, but can't you only have a referendum in australia to change a specific part of the constitution?

marriage is defined in the marriage act 1961, not in the constitution, therefore it has to go through parliament, not to a referendum yeah?
    NEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSS

Yeah i think its technically a plebiscite. thats where a law is introduced by da people that doesn't need to alter the constitution.
    a referendum is a vote of the peeps that changes constitutional law.

and i think even a plebiscite can not be binding in some instances.

(oh and smart chicks in glasses was always the best perv in school - well played).
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    I do find the whole debate rather laughable.

The gay community and their actions go completely against the church and its beliefs in god.

The gay community then feel that they have some sort of divine right to be included in what is regarded as an important part of what is actually a practice deeply intertwined with religion.

Considering their sins go completely against the word of god the arrogance is astounding.

What is even sadder is the bit they wish to change is the marriage act. An act of parliament that was established to recognise a marriage between man and wife in common law which also took into account and accepted traditions tied back to the church and God by government act

Does seem rather bizarre that they want a piece of religions offerings but won't actually accept religions offerings fully.

Then again the whole thing is really just a leftist stunt to legitimise a practice that most involved are ashamed to be open about and also to their grander plan to eradicate religion all together

As for the first person that mentions equality. Spare me the bullshit. Of all the issues in this land involving equality this is the least deserving of any attention yet for some reason it gets the most attention

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    what's the church got to do with any of this? this isn't about religious weddings, it's about legal marriages

this is about equal rights for equal relationships

why should my bond with my partner be considered legally any different from anyone elses?

I do find the whole debate rather laughable.

The gay community and their actions go completely against the church and its beliefs in god.

The gay community then feel that they have some sort of divine right to be included in what is regarded as an important part of what is actually a practice deeply intertwined with religion.

Considering their sins go completely against the word of god the arrogance is astounding.

What is even sadder is the bit they wish to change is the marriage act. An act of parliament that was established to recognise a marriage between man and wife in common law which also took into account and accepted traditions tied back to the church and God by government act

Does seem rather bizarre that they want a piece of religions offerings but won't actually accept religions offerings fully.

Then again the whole thing is really just a leftist stunt to legitimise a practice that most involved are ashamed to be open about and also to their grander plan to eradicate religion all together

As for the first person that mentions equality. Spare me the bullshit. Of all the issues in this land involving equality this is the least deserving of any attention yet for some reason it gets the most attention
    Marriage was around long before Christianity, I'm married, I was
    Christened but I don't believe in any type of religion.
    Should I not have been allowed to be married, this is about equality come join us in the 21st century when you're done with the pedophile priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

can blacks and chongers get married yet?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Marriage was around long before Christianity, I'm married, I was
    Christened but I don't believe in any type of religion.
    Should I not have been allowed to be married, this is about equality come join us in the 21st century when you're done with the pedophile priest.
    Marriage and Religion are closely intertwined. That is a fact.

Religion is closely intertwined with a belief in homosexuality going completely against the word of god. That is a fact.

Peoples religious views and traditions should be respected. That is a fact

The Gay community are choosing to piss on all of these with their belief they should be allowed to do as they please.

As for equality. They have a civil ceremony allowed already that allows them to be Adam and Steve. They now wish to drag a religious pinnacle through the gutter to satisfy their quest for alleged equality.

No respect whatsoever for the traditions and beliefs of others

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    and what if you don't believe in the whole concepts of sin or god?

you seem to use the word fact with no understanding of what it actually means

it's not a fact that anyone's religious beliefs should be respected - it's your opinion and it differs greatly from mine

marriage and religion are not intertwined - I've been to several weddings that had no mention of religion at all

seems a bit silly to let people who think such things demand that others obey their rules, particularly given the ones who do believe are in the minority

if you want to live in a country that is ruled by religion, move to the Islamic State
    Last edited by boz-monaut; 29-05-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    and what if you don't believe in the whole concepts of sin or god?

you seem to use the word fact with no understanding of what it actually means

it's not a fact that anyone's religious beliefs should be respected - it's your opinion and it differs greatly from mine

marriage and religion are not intertwined - I've been to several weddings that had no mention of religion at all

seems a bit silly to let people who think such things demand that others obey their rules, particularly given the ones who do believe are in the minority

if you want to live in a country that is ruled by religion, move to the Islamic State
    As for people moving to the Islamic State I wonder how our gay and lesbian people would actually go over there??
    Maybe they should be a bit more appreciative of the tolerance they get here as we aren't the ones throwing them off high rise buildings and what not and are happier to let them be judged by a higher power for their sins as opposed to pissing on stuff that is important to us

As for your thing about marriage and religion not being intertwined complete bullwhip. Thousands of years of history of it say the two are. Marriage is all through the good book and wasn't something religion put dibs on 40years ago for a laugh

Yeah you may have been to non religious weddings but lets not escape the fact that they are just the result of an earlier attack on marriage/religion
    Just because they happen doesn't make it right. They are less of an issue as the people involved are at least man and woman so doesn't go against the good book even if the pair are neglecting the religious connections to it