Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

not shaking hands is a grub act, just man up and do it

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    wouldn't get signed next season in my club

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sounds to me like you're taking all age football just as seriously as he does. also i've actively avoided shaking the hands of people i don't like after a game.
    Im the complete opposite. I 'actively' seek out those ive had a bit of a 'to-do' with during the game to shake their hand in appreciation for the contest.

Gear Grinder: b*tches who 'activily avoid' shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Im the complete opposite. I 'actively' seek out those ive had a bit of a 'to-do' with during the game to shake their hand in appreciation for the contest.
    This is spot on.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar

Precisely. Even shake hands with new lambtoners. Parksey disgracing the good name of the wolves. You don't deserve to wear the famous red and yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a bit of banter and a sledge on the pitch, and if you are willing to give it you have got to be willing to cop it (which, when looking the way I do, DOES happen, haha)..
    Really? I mean the eyepatch is an obvious talking point as is the blond hair and seedy moustache... but that's an impressive jawline, I am surprised people have the guts to give it to you.

WGMG: Shit weather. Wanted a lunch time DG round, not going to happen this week. Have laundry hanging up in various spots around the house because it won't dry in the fricking rain. FECK.

Piss off rain.

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    WGMG: Blisters from new boots
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Precisely. Even shake hands with new lambtoners. Parksey disgracing the good name of the wolves. You don't deserve to wear the famous red and yellow

well said baz
    Parksey always does it week in week out

Well said. I am exactly the same. Fire up during the game by all means, but once the whistle blows its over

WGMG- The 13-17 age group that are covered in tats and wear American sporting team hats with a flat brim.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    If taking it too seriously involves wanting to shake hands after a game then I'm guilty as charged.
    Guess I'll be better prepared for next time.
    and I wish the old forum was here because I'd love to have read your thoughts on the Suarez/Evra incident.

But anyway moving on and all that.
    I had my say.
    no it's just that you called a guy a ****wit because he was obviously pissed off and didn't feel like shaking your hand, yet claim that you don't really care. what does it matter to you?

as for suarez/evra, they're pros and they should have shaken hands. evra should then have snapped suarez's legs off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Actively avoided?? Why??
    Come on man, what happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch. After the full time whistle blows, result or not, we are basically all there for the same reason..
    Realise things happen or things are said in the heat of the moment, move on from it, shake a hand, have a beer..
    Pretty simple really..

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a bit of banter and a sledge on the pitch, and if you are willing to give it you have got to be willing to cop it (which, when looking the way I do, DOES happen, haha)..
    it's not like i do often, i've probably done it once or twice in my life. on the odd occasion that a guy has been an utter dickhead, like i mean really bad, i just won't go near him after the game. if you don't show any respect during the game then why should you be respected after it?

i did actually call a guy who played for garden suburbs a ****wit after a game this year, because he was playing drunk and getting personal with our players for pretty much the whole game. he and our coach were almost at fisticuffs post game too.

also, butch: i'm with you when it comes to a player you've had a good battle with, it makes a game better. i'm not talking about that sort of thing.
    Last edited by parksey; 23-07-2012 at 04:05 PM.

You know what really grinds my gears? The weather during this football season in Newcastle. The grounds have been terrible this year. It has been to cold and wet for them grow any grass or dry out at the very least.

You work all week looking forward to playing on the weekend for it to be called off or to be played on a muddy cow paddock. NOT blaming any grounds men here. They do a terrific job. I just wish the weather was a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    no it's just that you called a guy a ****wit because he was obviously pissed off and didn't feel like shaking your hand, yet claim that you don't really care. what does it matter to you?

as for suarez/evra, they're pros and they should have shaken hands. evra should then have snapped suarez's legs off.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. I care because I think it's a low act when you offer your hand to someone and they refuse because they are upset about something. For the record he and I had very little/ if any contact during the game. He got sent off all of his own doing that's why I had no problem shaking his hand after.

and as for your Suarez comment, it sounds like you only need to be a good sport if you're getting paid.

I will agree to disagree with you on that one. I think we should all be held to the same standard regardless of what's at stake.

Anyway, interesting topic. Was the first time it's happened to me and hopefully the last.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    tbh i was just busting your balls at the start and have subsequently struggled to come up with a good argument.

People who say "Garden Suburbs", there is only one suburb.

I hate knobs on the field that put two blokes on the surgeons table by arriving late to a tackle on two occasions, (by about 3 weeks) announce to the whole field that "I'm gonna lay out your number10" then proceed to do so, by arriving early to a defensive header, with a knee in the kidneys and a hip between the should blades, a stamp on an ankle and then spit on the number10 while on the ground.... And then tells the ref to get ****ed... And then expects a handshake from all our team at the end of the game.

One of the two guys needing knee surgery cant play again, and has had to find a new job as he can no longer work in his chosen profession. The number 10, still has regular physio appointments to keep his back in alignment.

But hey, he wanted to shake hands.... So he should be forgiven.
    I don't use it very often but the word runt, hunt, or bunt come to mind.

I'm with Parksey somewhat, if you want respect at the end of the game, you have to show it during the game. Some ****wits are just oxygen thieves.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 23-07-2012 at 10:19 PM.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Referee should have sent him off, sounde like referee is the real criminal

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Referee should have sent him off, sounde like referee is the real criminal
    Ref's excuse was "we don't give red cards in summer sevens comps"

Tossing and turning in bed nights.

would have thought you'd like tossing in bed SD.