Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is the Emerging Jets Program working?

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/new...ts-high-school

This is interesting, particularly the bit about encouraging kids in the program to attend the school. I wonder what happens if the kids parents refuse???
    I also wonder how the football program affects the kids at the school who do not play for the Jets Academy. Will the kids playing for other NPL and similar clubs be included in this now basically Academy training?

In the end, I can't see this as anything but a bad move for the Jets Academy. They're getting less football, and thus less development.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Which part? Is not Craig Deans the TD?
    No he is not, he's the TD of the Jets, not the school. He left last year!!

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    No he is not, he's the TD of the Jets, not the school. He left last year!!
    I didn't say he was TD of the school.

Banned
    Don't know what you are all worried about

Very little has changed here since Pascoe was coaching the Jets Yoof team

Kids were going to HSH then in the hope of making it

Pascoe may have stopped his active involvement with the Jets but this is just changing things back to the way things were being done 3/4 years ago

Just them reinventing the same stuff and calling it a different name

If anything this is just showing all that is wrong with Football in the Hunter
    The same guys all keep getting a start again and again and again

No wonder NNSW fails spectacularly compared to the rest of Oz

I didn't say he was TD of the school.
    Yes you did

"Not really a surprise that Hunter Sports is the school. The TD works there along with every other teacher who also coaches an EJ team."
    And less than half of the Coaches are at the Jets!

Yes you did

"Not really a surprise that Hunter Sports is the school. The TD works there along with every other teacher who also coaches an EJ team."
    And less than half of the Coaches are at the Jets!
    Sorry Jetty Jet, but grammar isn't your strong point. That says the TD works there. It doesn't say he is the TD there. Are you an Old boy of HSH?

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    Sorry Jetty Jet, but grammar isn't your strong point. That says the TD works there. It doesn't say he is the TD there. Are you an Old boy of HSH?
    The TD DOESN'T work there!!
    He is the TD at the Jets and works for the Jets, he doesn't work for the school. Either way what was said was incorrect.

The TD DOESN'T work there!!
    He is the TD at the Jets and works for the Jets, he doesn't work for the school. Either way what was said was incorrect.
    Yes but you claimed I said he was TD of the school, which I never said.

TD used to work there though, other coaches still do.

I may have missed it but shame they didn't say when they were broadcasting it or if it is on the SBS streaming service.

Yes but you claimed I said he was TD of the school, which I never said.

TD used to work there though, other coaches still do.
    I claimed what you said was incorrect, it was.

"The TD works there along with every other teacher who also coaches an EJ team."
    That is factually incorrect.
    1) "The TD works there"- Incorrect, he doesn't.
    2) "along with every other teacher who also coaches an EJ team"- Incorrect

I claimed what you said was incorrect, it was.

"The TD works there along with every other teacher who also coaches an EJ team."
    That is factually incorrect.
    1) "The TD works there"- Incorrect, he doesn't.
    2) "along with every other teacher who also coaches an EJ team"- Incorrect
    Don't back track now, when I asked you what was incorrect you said, that he wasn't the TD of the school. Which isn't what I said.

He's got you there JettyJet. You clearly called him out on claiming something he didn't claim. Again your comprehension skills are being questioned. Who does and doesn't work there at any given time is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    He's got you there JettyJet. You clearly called him out on claiming something he didn't claim. Again your comprehension skills are being questioned. Who does and doesn't work there at any given time is another matter.
    Honestly, what he said in whatever context or grammatical slant you apply to it was wrong. It was wrong then, as it is now.
    The facts remain the same, what was said was incorrect and lacked the knowledge to have an informative comment or opinion.
    Whataboutism is pathetic, still in whatever context you apply, the comment was incorrect. I made a grammatical misread, that doesn't make the comment any less incorrect.

"The TD works there along with every other teacher who also coaches an EJ team."- Is 100% false.

Lots of u11 Jets trialing for NPL clubs. Are Jets Youth going to Sydney?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Few kids looking to head south also!

I have issues of Soccer Action Magazine back to the early 1970's and much of the conversation has not changed since then when it comes to junior football.
    The only thing that has been addressed to some degree is the use of small sided games to improve players performance in tight areas.
    Technical skill today is street ahead - at all levels.
    Where things have gone backwards is that we used to have certain clubs developing juniors not their senior programs.

Trimmers as an example [Bottom left of picture] was developed by Brighton. He played in a local two division competition which also competed in Cup matches throughout the year against teams in other regions, and ultimately other states as well.
    There were no elite teams - you played in one of two divisions [rarely more] and come Cup time a division 2 team in one comp could play a division 1 team in another comp.
    The best players were well and truly known as were the best teams. Different clubs played different styles of football, different teams played different types of football.
    Skilfull kids were targeted by less skilled ones, skilled kids learned how to deal with it......

The insular nature of the junior game today is killing it. In the past the elitism was only in the 1st division teams - but the 2nd div kids at least got a crack at them in the Cup games.
    Today - you have the elite kids all playing against each other in a bubble which is absolutely pointless.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 10-09-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I thought U11s weren't allowed to trail for U13 clubs in NPL sides.

Usually they are not but they were deemed to be an exception to the rule as Jets Academy teams moving to Sydney next season start at U13. U13 Jets will play U13 NPL in Sydney. The current U11 (next season’s U12) would not have anywhere to play. Sure they could play U12 SAP or NET but they have already played U12 SAP this year. This is why they have been allowed.
    Last edited by Captain_Carl; 10-09-2019 at 10:32 PM.

What’s the reasoning behind this? If you’re good enough you should be allowed to play IMO.