Page 80 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Results today?

Hearing rumours that Gary Wand of Weston is leaving and taking his sons, Nathan Morris, Robbie Turnbull and BK???

Lol

So pretty much Piggo agreed to come back if those guys were pushed out.

No player is bigger than the club they play for.
    The club has been around for over 100 years, and these guys weren't there then. They'll be right. Piggo showed them what he was capable of.

I can see the how there would be conflict between the majority of those blokes and Piggo . But the whole Piggo not rating BK confuses me, there's no doubt BK is one of the top keepers in the comp and he doesn't seem like the 'thinks he's bigger than the club' kind of blokes. At what point do two adults put away prejudices for the benefit of a club with deep history and pride.

FT: Olympic 1-0 Jets Youth. Goal by Spencer who caught the Jets CB on the wrong side from a simple ball forward before smashing it across the keeper from close range.

Very closely contested game, both sides wasting good chances to score. Ireland and Bailey forced off with injury, but managed to hang on.

Decent showing by Jets youth, Waller whipped in some dangerous crosses from the left, with one being put over the top from 2 yards out in the first minute of the second half. Best performers for Jets were Clark (GK) who pulled off some stunning saves, Pawiak rock solid in midfield and young Thurgate was also quality next to him at the base of the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    I can see the how there would be conflict between the majority of those blokes and Piggo . But the whole Piggo not rating BK confuses me, there's no doubt BK is one of the top keepers in the comp and he doesn't seem like the 'thinks he's bigger than the club' kind of blokes. At what point do two adults put away prejudices for the benefit of a club with deep history and pride.
    It's Piggo. It's always been his way or the highway.

I agree with you though. Piggo not backing BK confuses the hell out of me too. Never understood it.

What were the other results today

3-2 Maitland over Weston.
    3 screamers from Maitland.
    1 own goal and a pen taken by Morris for Weston.

Good to see a good close round. Every game decided by a single goal. Seeing some of the blow outs over the year aren't a good look for the comp.

Banned
    Jaffas beat Buds 2-1

Any further word on coaching movements for NPL?

Quote Originally Posted by youngenwithafootballbrain View Post
    Hearing rumours that Gary Wand of Weston is leaving and taking his sons, Nathan Morris, Robbie Turnbull and BK???
    Heard Nathan Morris might be going to Jaffas.

Charity legends match

Saw this on Facebook, Thoughts?

Newcastle Legends Charity Football Match:

A match that brings together Newcastle’s sporting community.
    Newcastle Legends match will be played by past Newcastle United NSL legends & past Newcastle Jets legends.
    This game is all about bringing the Newcastle football community together, raising money for a great charity and getting Newcastle excited about for the upcoming A-League season.
    I know the town will be excited to see some of the old boys pull on the boots one last time, there is no one better to show what it means to play for Newcastle.
    We would like to donate a % of the takings from the day to the Mark Hughes Foundation. He is a Newcastle Legend and a great bloke, very much a worthy charity.
    We would like to bring both sporting teams together for this day. It would be amazing for the Newcastle community to sell out the stadium with Newcastle fans from both codes.
    Ideally the game would be played before the main game on the 9th of October.
    If that isn’t available then maybe a week before the season kicks off.
    I’ve spoken to a few ex-players and they are very excited to be a part of this, I hope the Newcastle Jets let us make this happen as it will only bring positives for the team and the town of Newcastle.

NNSW / Newcastle are sending a team to the Inaugural National Indigenous Football Championships in Nowra in November .... long overdue IMO. Great idea

Would certainly recommend watching the replay of Thompson and Heffernan's goals for Maitland yesterday. Screamers.

Beauty of BarTv is being able to watch the replays of these games whenever you like. Maitland all over Weston in the first half and took the foot off the pedal in the second half. Great game for the neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Newcastlefootball View Post
    Saw this on Facebook, Thoughts?

Newcastle Legends Charity Football Match:

A match that brings together Newcastle’s sporting community.
    Newcastle Legends match will be played by past Newcastle United NSL legends & past Newcastle Jets legends.
    This game is all about bringing the Newcastle football community together, raising money for a great charity and getting Newcastle excited about for the upcoming A-League season.
    I know the town will be excited to see some of the old boys pull on the boots one last time, there is no one better to show what it means to play for Newcastle.
    We would like to donate a % of the takings from the day to the Mark Hughes Foundation. He is a Newcastle Legend and a great bloke, very much a worthy charity.
    We would like to bring both sporting teams together for this day. It would be amazing for the Newcastle community to sell out the stadium with Newcastle fans from both codes.
    Ideally the game would be played before the main game on the 9th of October.
    If that isn’t available then maybe a week before the season kicks off.
    I’ve spoken to a few ex-players and they are very excited to be a part of this, I hope the Newcastle Jets let us make this happen as it will only bring positives for the team and the town of Newcastle.
    Could use men of football as the charity

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Heard Nathan Morris might be going to Jaffas.
    👋

Was just show a link saying Dean Heffernan to player/coach Maitland next year with Matt Thompson to player/ asst coach. Reece Thompson to stay on as an assistant.