Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1745

Thread: 2017 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    A 2-1win against a side with nothing to play for is just papering over cracks.Edgy n Magic will really test Olympic
    Curious as to how Daniel went today Tony?

Please advise how far offside cooper was scoring the winner ..... embarrassing

Credit where credit's due the Edgey pitch is a massive improvement on the start of the season. Well done to the volunteers responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Please advise how far offside cooper was scoring the winner ..... embarrassing
    Camera angle on the news didn't look great.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Camera angle on the news didn't look great.
    i think it is alot closer than you think.

its a poor camera angle, parallax view. if you work off the 18y line as an indication, the defender in the middle of the park is the one keeping cooper onside. any doubt and you go with advantage to the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Curious as to how Daniel went today Tony?
    As well as the rest unfortunately. Think he might be elsewhere next year too.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    not happy hey Tonester-do you think any of them played well boss?? wow I didn't think it was that bad and you did get 3 points

I thought the Blues dug in and fought well and made it as hard as they could. Always difficult when you are playing a good side and we will welcome Smithy, Goody and Mr Brown with open arms next season
    Not sure if it was Bolchy or the committee that lost the plot but good to see us getting back some key ex blues we cant wait to see them come home.......
    Watching the game you would think that a lot of the players were being paid per touch. Passes are made 2-3 touches later than necessary slowing down their game. I'd be doing 2 touch at training with these guys.

Watching the game you would think that a lot of the players were being paid per touch. Passes are made 2-3 touches later than necessary slowing down their game. I'd be doing 2 touch at training with these guys.
    Maybe get a " B " license so you can coach, Olympic will be much better for it. BTW, there were two teams out there yesterday, one full of young blokes, who took it to Olympic, give credit where credit is due, take the mile offside goal off them, please don't say it was onside, and give Azzurri the penalty for the handball in the box and these young blokes probably win the game, not because Olympic were bad, but maybe Azzurri were full of enthusiasm and tried there guts out.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Maybe get a " B " license so you can coach, Olympic will be much better for it. BTW, there were two teams out there yesterday, one full of young blokes, who took it to Olympic, give credit where credit is due, take the mile offside goal off them, please don't say it was onside, and give Azzurri the penalty for the handball in the box and these young blokes probably win the game, not because Olympic were bad, but maybe Azzurri were full of enthusiasm and tried there guts out.
    Had a B license for 10 years, coached State League both Sydney and Melbourne. Don't get me wrong I believe Charly should have definitely got at least a point. The second goal was metres offside no doubt.

Had a B license for 10 years, coached State League both Sydney and Melbourne. Don't get me wrong I believe Charly should have definitely got at least a point. The second goal was metres offside no doubt.
    Checked the goal on Bartv. I was able to pause on pass being released. Comparing line of 18 yard box, striker did not appear to be in front of defender to his left. Seems correct decision from sideline official.

I watched the game, yes plenty of enthusiasm but honestly they were never in it in the second half, the kid who came on upfront wouldn't get a start in most league Nader 20 teams he was that poor

I don't think Olympic have played anywhere near as they did last year ,it seems as if people are prepared to settle for mediocrity. By rights Edgy are far above any other team by quite a distance,we'll see Olympics credentials next weekend. I'm hoping I'm wrong but it could be a one sided game.

Banned
    I don't think Olympic have played anywhere near as they did last year ,it seems as if people are prepared to settle for mediocrity. By rights Edgy are far above any other team by quite a distance,we'll see Olympics credentials next weekend. I'm hoping I'm wrong but it could be a one sided game.
    Same Edgy side who have lost twice to the Jaffas this season??

Hey I agree Edgy are a great side but come finals time the Jaffas have more than enough ability to roll them

Just as Magic and Olympic do on their day

Magic are looking good at the moment whether they have left their run to late is a worry though but if they get in the finals with their recent form no ****er is going to want to face them

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Same Edgy side who have lost twice to the Jaffas this season??

Hey I agree Edgy are a great side but come finals time the Jaffas have more than enough ability to roll them

Just as Magic and Olympic do on their day

Magic are looking good at the moment whether they have left their run to late is a worry though but if they get in the finals with their recent form no ****er is going to want to face them
    Yes,the same Jaffas that lost twice to Valentine. I know anyone can beat anyone else but to be fair Edgy do look the obvious favourites. Must admit though Magic are looking a good bet for the finals. I think Valentine or Olympic are going to miss out.

Think Bolchy has lost the plot also.How he continues to play Lucas and Pratt is beyond me. They are the biggest under achievers in a team devoid of any purpose or belief.
    Should be an interesting week at training for Daniel after his dad has bagged out half of his teammates and his coach.
    What goes through that head of yours Tonester

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. My comments won't affect anyone who enjoys watching technically good football. I can't condone mediocrity,if people are thin skinned and can't handle criticism(be it fair or not in their opinion) doesn't worry me and I'm certain Daniel Bird won't give a toss what people may or may not think or say.

Interesting comments from Pascoe in the herald

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    I can't believe Mr Moneybags allows this mediocrity, surely they want to win everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    What a load of shit from Pascoe. Embarrassedby Edgeworth and knocked out of the Ffa cup. Outplayed by Magic and handed the minor premiership to Edgeworth.
    Last edited by winner; 12-07-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    What a load of shit from Pascoe. Embarrassedby Edgeworth and knocked out of the Ffa cup. Outplayed by Magic and handed the minor premiership to Edgeworth.
    Pascoe has been found out coaching at this level before.

Got his opportunity at the Jets through his relationship with GVE when Deansy didn't have the qualifications to coach the youth team.

With the coin Jaffas have spent and the players they have signed, should be doing way better than what they are on a 'whole club' basis. Very concerning is the performance of all the sides within the club below the first team - very poor.

Maybe all will be delivered during the third year of Pascoe's tenure.

Still being found out at this level in my opinion.