Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 NPL Youth

Agreed

I wouldn't mind too much if we saw results like that Consistently from jets youth. They are meant to be the best youth players in NNSW, they should be dominating teams. They should have the best 15 kids from each age group. They should be drilled and coached by the best coaches. They should be fitter and technically better.
    Bad day for CCB or were jets actually that good?

Early days in the season but it looks like both Valentine and Charlestown are way off the standard required for NPL Yoof.
    Jaffas are also struggling but nothing new there.

The rumour circulating last year that Charly may not have their NPL license renewed may have impacted their their yoof players and perhaps the same could be said for Valentine given the problems with Cahill Oval.

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    Youth kicked off this weekend.. Some interesting results all over the board..

13's - Magic 10 - Lambton 0?? Hartley with 8 or 9 SAP players over there.. Olympic 12 - Valo 0?? North Coast with their first victory in NPL!
    16's - Massive scorelines.. 7-0, 6-0, 4-0, 7-0
    football_macigian? or magician (I guess a spelling mistake)
    good result last week against jaffas, how the team go against Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo Creed View Post
    I think it says more about Jaffas 13s than Magic 13s

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    I think it says more about Jaffas 13s than Magic 13s
    purely asking the question, I heard Hamilton's team was strong

purely asking the question, I heard Hamilton's team was strong
    The officials' myopia was stronger

Hamilton are very strong in 13's.. Not unbeatable though, losing to Jets 1-0 last week
    Magic 13s down 1-0 yesterday but all other grades got up

NIF seem to be a decent inclusion this year.. Big strong boys who want to play football.. After three rounds all of their teams seem to be going okay

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I wouldn't mind too much if we saw results like that Consistently from jets youth. They are meant to be the best youth players in NNSW, they should be dominating teams. They should have the best 15 kids from each age group. They should be drilled and coached by the best coaches. They should be fitter and technically better.
    Bad day for CCB or were jets actually that good?
    The EJets are a year younger than their opponents so even sadder result for CCB. Expect the top 3 or 4 clubs to do similar jobs on Blues. The EJs will be up there but unlikely to dominate any of those grades.

Lakes looking good in Youth.
    any early tips as favourites

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    Lakes looking good in Youth.
    any early tips as favourites
    Big call MT after they have only played 2 games.
    Agree though that they look like they will be competitive in all grades unlike some more established NPL clubs.
    The Lakes 15s are strong, well coached and have been together for a few years and will probably be the pick of their teams.

Magic, Weston and the EJ's appear to be the frontrunners across most grades in my view.

Half way through the season has there been any standout/underachiever and any predictions.
    Bit quiet in here lets get some input

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Half way through the season has there been any standout/underachiever and any predictions.
    Bit quiet in here lets get some input
    Jets 12's and Olympic are the standouts in the Under 13's comp at the moment. Followed by Magic, Edgeworth and North Coast Football. Lakes and Valentine struggling, Jaffas, Charlestown and Adamstown look like improvers.

Prediction, Olympic first past the post. Jets, Olympic, Edgeworth and Broadmeadow, Grand Final contenders.

Under 16's appears to be a four horse race with Broadmeadow, U15 Jets, Jaffas and FMNC likely to contest finals after breaking from the rest of the pack.

Looks like CCB youth development hits a new low on the weekend.

Being thumped by the EJs or Hamilton is one thing but losing all four grades to Lakes at home on the weekend for a combined score of 13-0 is abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post

Being thumped by the EJs or Hamilton is one thing but losing all four grades to Lakes at home on the weekend for a combined score of 13-0 is abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post

Agreed

Last round next weekend so congrats to the teams who have wrapped up the minor premiership already!!

13's - Olympic
    14's - Magic
    15's - Olympic
    16's - Lambton

Thoughts on the standards of the competitions? Top 5 from all leagues seems very competitive with 13's going down to the last day. 14's anyone from 8th up can make the finals. 15's locked in and 16's season finishes this weekend

At the other end, there seems to be a pattern with the same clubs all propping up the bottom four teams - Seems to not be enough quality to go around and they're looking at introducing youth grades into NewFM!

Any idea on announcements for SAP in 2018? Thought I read there would be a decision on 16/08?

Also, rumour mill is saying earlier start & later finish next NPL Youth season with everyone playing each other twice!!

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    Any idea on announcements for SAP in 2018? Thought I read there would be a decision on 16/08?

Also, rumour mill is saying earlier start & later finish next NPL Youth season with everyone playing each other twice!!
    Hope the rumour mill is right!
    Draw was very favourable to some teams only playing one or two stronger teams once while playing bottom 4 teams twice,