Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone League 1 thread

A couple of mammoth results for Minmi in the context of their season, keeping them on track for semi final football in both grades. They have been impressive from what I’ve seen. No team would want to run into them come semis.

Olympic v Uni

Thirds 2-2
    Reserves 1-1
    Firsts 3-1

Wallsend vs Lakes
    1st 3-4
    Res 2-3
    3rd 6-1

Wethers vs Norths
    3s 3-0
    2s 0-1
    1s 3-2

Hearing the coach was calling olympic cheats. Pretty ordinary from a grown man. Hope he enjoys no finals footy

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    Norths fans were calling the opposition faggots and abusive the club referee any chance they got. 2 people on the Norths bench including their coach were sent from the field it was that bad.

Even had a 60 year old man next to me in the crowd abusing him and calling offsides that weÂ’re clearly onside. A couple of Norths players went at the referee after the game too. Poor form
    This from grown men is pretty poor

Must be true if you’ve deflected the response. No comment but bringing up old comments.

Minmi Vs Nelson bay

1sts 3-0
    Ressies 3-2
    Thirds 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by NUFC View Post
    Must be true if you’ve deflected the response. No comment but bringing up old comments.
    Didn’t warrant a reply when a club who was not involved is trying to blow up a minor incident.

Quote Originally Posted by UniMen View Post
    Didn’t warrant a reply when a club who was not involved is trying to blow up a minor incident.
    Lol. Calling a club volunteer cheat as minor.

Referring to an official/volunteer as a cheat is quite the allegation. Can we get some clarity as to what has occurred here?

The constant bickering and abuse between players, staff and even crowd members towards officials this year has been up there with the worst I’ve seen. This needs to be looked at urgently for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    Referring to an official/volunteer as a cheat is quite the allegation. Can we get some clarity as to what has occurred here?

The constant bickering and abuse between players, staff and even crowd members towards officials this year has been up there with the worst I’ve seen. This needs to be looked at urgently for next year.
    The same stuff will be talked about next year....

And yet we wonder why there is no referees.??

Looks like the race for the finals will come go down to the wire in 1s and 2s. Anyone want to make some bold predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    Looks like the race for the finals will come go down to the wire in 1s and 2s. Anyone want to make some bold predictions?
    With 3 challenging games remaining in firsts, I could definitely see New Lambton dwindling out of their finals spot. I believe Olympic will do the minor/major double. Intrigued to see how they hold up in ZPL next year. Impressive line up on paper.

As for reserve grade, I see the students jumping Minmi and being a serious threat to minor premiers Olympic in the 1 v 4 fixture.

With 3 challenging games remaining in firsts, I could definitely see New Lambton dwindling out of their finals spot. I believe Olympic will do the minor/major double. Intrigued to see how they hold up in ZPL next year. Impressive line up on paper.

As for reserve grade, I see the students jumping Minmi and being a serious threat to minor premiers Olympic in the 1 v 4 fixture.
    Agree with the assessment of 1sts. Hard to see anything but the minor/major for Olympic.

As for 2s, with only one game to play, surely Norths must be looking over their shoulder. I wouldn't be surprised to see New Lambton, Minmi and Uni roll past them with their games in hand.

Minmi v Uni

Thirds 4-1
    Reserves 0-3

First grade tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Banned
    Some are and couldnt care less and need to be called out. Any other truths need verification? Im happy to confirm without the BS Woke shock and awe.

Minmi v Uni

Firsts 3-5

Olympic v Norths
    1st Grade 3-0
    New Lambton v Olympic
    Reserve Grade 3-7
    3rd Grade Washed Out

Lake Mac have Stockton and Merewether and are already have an advantage on Uni. Dunno how you see Uni jumping 4 teams to get 4th