Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 14 | Newcastle Jets v Sydney FC | Fri 10/01/20 1930

Miller is an a-league player when he stays out wide and has open space.
    Miller is a zone league level player when he cuts inside and tries show off his 'technique'.
    Just a thought from the game

It's not all doom and gloom.
    But it is.
    Outplayed by Sydney B, who seemed to be cruising the whole game and just slotted 2 in when they needed it.
    We send a clear statement at every kick-off, by just throwing the ball to the other team: it's like saying "we have no idea what to do", I find it so annoying.
    Kanta is back to what he was 3 years ago: if he's not exceptionally fit (and that, unfortunately, doesn't happen too often) he's a liability. Too slow. Had no idea where Ninkovic was.
    Arroyo is great off the ball, but misses 2 easy chances. Has to be said, the service he gets is terrible, but he doesn't seem to be a great goal scorer.
    Dimi: where is he?
    Positives: Uga, Millar (in attack), bit of Thurgate.

The side we put our last night was the strongest (bar Wessi) we have atm on paper.
    No point going on and on and on until we have better. FFS, Membah wants Boogaard back in the team.
    The main positive was we played football and noticeably, almost no long ball.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The side we put our last night was the strongest (bar Wessi) we have atm on paper.
    No point going on and on and on until we have better. FFS, Membah wants Boogaard back in the team.
    But have you seen how bad these other cunce are at defending??

I will take his one penalty red card or own goal a game if I don't have to watch that shit defending we see every week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Defensively he constantly goes to narrow like a third CB leaving too much space on the flanks, We all saw this issue last year many times, No reason to revisit it
    So he shows them the sideline??

That's a positive

If he is too narrow that is also an easily fixable problem

So as I said he still our best option at Left Back we have

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So he shows them the sideline??

That's a positive

If he is too narrow that is also an easily fixable problem

So as I said he still our best option at Left Back we have
    Yeah he isnt. Bobby is and has proved this last few games. Doesnt mean he should be a long term thing
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    It's not all doom and gloom.
    But it is.
    Outplayed by Sydney B, who seemed to be cruising the whole game and just slotted 2 in when they needed it.
    We send a clear statement at every kick-off, by just throwing the ball to the other team: it's like saying "we have no idea what to do", I find it so annoying.
    Kanta is back to what he was 3 years ago: if he's not exceptionally fit (and that, unfortunately, doesn't happen too often) he's a liability. Too slow. Had no idea where Ninkovic was.
    Arroyo is great off the ball, but misses 2 easy chances. Has to be said, the service he gets is terrible, but he doesn't seem to be a great goal scorer.
    Dimi: where is he?
    Positives: Uga, Millar (in attack), bit of Thurgate.
    Who were Sydney missing - O’Neill & Grant. Am I missing anyone? We were missing Wes, so muchness for muchness imo. For those who have the fortune of following a battler club in the Championship as well as the A League, know Wes is a serious footballer & will add a lot to our side. His omission gets underplayed heaps on here.

Arroyo gets adequate service imo - 2 guilt edged chances is good goin in the A League. He’s getting paid to knock them in, I would of expected Hoff to knock in at least one of them if not the both which is saying a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

This!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    Who were Sydney missing - O’Neill & Grant. Am I missing anyone? We were missing Wes, so muchness for muchness imo. For those who have the fortune of following a battler club in the Championship as well as the A League, know Wes is a serious footballer & will add a lot to our side. His omission gets underplayed heaps on here.

Arroyo gets adequate service imo - 2 guilt edged chances is good goin in the A League. He’s getting paid to knock them in, I would of expected Hoff to knock in at least one of them if not the both which is saying a lot.
    You forgot Brattan.
    I think we're not using Arroyo the right way in in general: speed and power are his best assets.
    Agree with the chances he had. Hoffman would've missed the header though...

Problem for all his good work. Arroyo keeps missing every chance he gets

Problem for all his good work. Arroyo keeps missing every chance he gets
    He's not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    He's not the only one
    Yeah but he's a foreigner and a Striker. Which means another wasted signing

Yeah but he's a foreigner and a Striker. Which means another wasted signing
    A bit harsh...
    He's been one of the only shining lights for us this season.. Just needs some decent service and it will all come..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    A bit harsh...
    He's been one of the only shining lights for us this season.. Just needs some decent service and it will all come..
    Sick of that excuse TBH we use it too often

Sick of that excuse TBH we use it too often
    I understand mate.. Fair enough..

I found it all quite interesting that originally there was no mention of him coming back from injury at all.. Then Ernie gets the sack. Suddenly he is fine and back to play?
    Is there something I missed there?