Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spor...04-h0dm63.html

puff piece/bit of cover for the salary cap cheating by sydney.

the bit about paying most of their salary cap into their top 11 is interesting. risky though.
    It not interesting

The salary cap is actually stacked in favour of them

As soon as they have access to these Marquees and guest players and injury replacement etc that the other non Sydney/Melbourne teams don't utilise as they don't have the funds then they already have an unfair advantage in the other 6 clubs

At the moment Blue Aids are just exploiting this advantage a lot better than WSW, Heart and Victree are doing

It's why the salary cap is a farce. The haves have even with it.

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It not interesting

The salary cap is actually stacked in favour of them

As soon as they have access to these Marquees and guest players and injury replacement etc that the other non Sydney/Melbourne teams don't utilise as they don't have the funds then they already have an unfair advantage in the other 6 clubs

At the moment Blue Aids are just exploiting this advantage a lot better than WSW, Heart and Victree are doing
    There is always an excuse when other team(s) do better in the league.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    There is always an excuse when other team(s) do better in the league.
    Excuse??

It is the reality of things

Bobo Brosque Ninkovic and that Polish **** ain't in that side with out the allowances allowed to them

Then you throw in the rest of their squad
    Wilkinson Brillante ONeill Wilkshire Zullo Devonhead etc

Ain't assembling that level of depth at Adelaide Brisbane Glory etc with their budgets

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Excuse??

It is the reality of things

Bobo Brosque Ninkovic and that Polish **** ain't in that side with out the allowances allowed to them

Then you throw in the rest of their squad
    Wilkinson Brillante ONeill Wilkshire Zullo Devonhead etc

Ain't assembling that level of depth at Adelaide Brisbane Glory etc with their budgets
    what was your excuse when brisbane was winning under Ange? Adelaide a few years ago, or WSW (although they came close) It is Sydney's turn now. get over it.

what was your excuse when brisbane was winning under Ange? Adelaide a few years ago, or WSW (although they came close) It is Sydney's turn now. get over it.
    Brisbane did well with an import looking to restart his career and hence he was good value considering his impact upon the team. They also had a good stock of kids they developed as well from previos seasons and youth teams.
    SFC have developed pretty much nothing and simply used plenty of money and their favourable connection to the FFA BOARD to influence the rules of engagement and match officials as well though in a passive more so than direct manner. Plenty of stats to back up their preferential treatment wrt fouls cards and penalties.

They r a good side - but the ACL will sort them out.

The Jets r a lot like Brisbane were and if they can keep this lot together could do similar things. In saying that, we have probably thrown more coin around than Brisbane did for players.

MFKS is correct about the salary cap.

It's been doctored to favour SFC. More changes will follow to accommodate them in the future.

The compliance has little effect on the big clubs compared to those with less resources - much like the tax system in Australia - kills the average person but to the bigger players the marginal costs are negligible at best.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 07-01-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Brisbane did well with an import looking to restart his career and hence he was good value considering his impact upon the team. They also had a good stock of kids they developed as well from previos seasons and youth teams.
    SFC have developed pretty much nothing and simply used plenty of money and their favourable connection to the FFA BOARD to influence the rules of engagement and match officials as well though in a passive more so than direct manner. Plenty of stats to back up their preferential treatment wrt fouls cards and penalties.

They r a good side - but the ACL will sort them out.

The Jets r a lot like Brisbane were and if they can keep this lot together could do similar things. In saying that, we have probably thrown more coin around than Brisbane did for players.

MFKS is correct about the salary cap.

It's been doctored to favour SFC. More changes will follow to accommodate them in the future.

The compliance has little effect on the big clubs compared to those with less resources - much like the tax system in Australia - kills the average person but to the bigger players the marginal costs are negligible at best.
    Apart from Maradonna I do not know of any other player that could influence the result of a team week in week out. So one player in Brisbane with a few youth won them the league??? Who are you trying to kid???
    Interesting you say they have more resources, that may have been true in the past but not now. Jets owner is wealthier than Sydney FC owner.
    I do not subscribe to this conspiracy theory re salary cap. Sydney FC were crap in the first season Arnold got there, he then sorted out the situation and bought wisely.
    What are you going to say about Melbourne City when they get their act together, (which they will eventually) when they will win and keep winning.

Apart from Maradonna I do not know of any other player that could influence the result of a team week in week out. So one player in Brisbane with a few youth won them the league??? Who are you trying to kid???
    Interesting you say they have more resources, that may have been true in the past but not now. Jets owner is wealthier than Sydney FC owner.
    I do not subscribe to this conspiracy theory re salary cap. Sydney FC were crap in the first season Arnold got there, he then sorted out the situation and bought wisely.
    What are you going to say about Melbourne City when they get their act together, (which they will eventually) when they will win and keep winning.
    You don't have to be Maradonna to stand out in the A-league

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You don't have to be Maradonna to stand out in the A-league
    But I did not say that....I said influence results week in week out....who in the A League does that....

Week in week out is pretty strict. If you say individual players that have a significant impact on their team's performance in most games and over the course of a season... you could easily find some. Broich definitely fits that. Castro for Perth. Ninkovic and the Pole for Sydney atm. Berisha at certain stages of his career.

Week in week out is pretty strict. If you say individual players that have a significant impact on their team's performance in most games and over the course of a season... you could easily find some. Broich definitely fits that. Castro for Perth. Ninkovic and the Pole for Sydney atm. Berisha at certain stages of his career.
    That is what Maradonna did.
    I agree with your sentiment though.

Dimi for us now
    OK

But I did not say that....I said influence results week in week out....who in the A League does that....
    Broich did. He provided exceptional service in the front third, athreat on goal, and the ability to hold the ball, lure in defenders - then either draw a foul or take advantage of the free man. When he was unavailable Brisbane struggled, and when his form declined due to his ageing they were essentally just another team.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-01-2018 at 02:10 PM.

I'm choosing to beleive you left Griff off the list beacuse it should simply be known?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I mean, ummmmm, dude???

The fuq you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I mean, ummmmm, dude???

The fuq you thinking?
    what?

what?
    Ill let you find your own way over the confessional page to beg forgiveness.

Repent, and may He have mercy.