Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 2021 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I've never paid $2k for rego tho - Yet. I actually wouldn't mind if they did it as a break down - here's the minimum you can pay and what you will get (training strip / game strip, training time games etc mandatory) and then let parents tick boxes for whatever else gear they'd like - Even season entry to senior games if its not already a given.
    That is exactly Northern's intent, for all football and it has apparently come from the FFA. In Sydney the rego for one club apparently includes 4 x $500 tickets to the presentation.....

Merewether just got an email listing the U6 rego fees for all the Newcastle clubs and concern from NNSW that they could vary so much. The highest was $270. Merewether was $170.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    For me, there is no way to justify that amount. It also will have to be approved by NNSW, will be interesting to see what happens.
    NNSW have put a rule in place which restricts what rego fees can cover. For example it cannot include a back pack or other un-necessary clothing, facility upgrade fees etc.The only possible way to justify that amount is if your coaches are really well paid, or you train at speers point all the time...
    That rule and split is for next season it wasn't for 2021

Are those rules just for JDL? in NPL the boys have always got a tracksuit for winter and a bag, sometimes a drink bottle. I don't mind paying for it when they train so much it does help a heap to keep things organised.

I've never paid $2k for rego tho - Yet. I actually wouldn't mind if they did it as a break down - here's the minimum you can pay and what you will get (training strip / game strip, training time games etc mandatory) and then let parents tick boxes for whatever else gear they'd like - Even season entry to senior games if its not already a given.

I don't mind paying if I can see the value and that's the part I think clubs need to break down - if they don't explain where the money goes it becomes more questionable. I think lots of people understand clubs are run by volunteers and don't mind paying money to help out - If they can see the value add for it.
    I think the tick part is a bit silly, but the breakdown is good. Players and parents can see how much is allocated to what. But allowing them to pick and choose what they pay for is a bit rich. A parent refuses to pay for the coaching part or the club polo?

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    That is exactly Northern's intent, for all football and it has apparently come from the FFA. In Sydney the rego for one club apparently includes 4 x $500 tickets to the presentation.....

Merewether just got an email listing the U6 rego fees for all the Newcastle clubs and concern from NNSW that they could vary so much. The highest was $270. Merewether was $170.
    $270 is a farce, I am guessing either Magic or Adamstown Juniors (who don't want ID teams so charge them through the nose to take them and then charge $30 for the playing shirt)

I’d hope that talented players will always be accommodated at clubs if they are financially unable to meet the requirements.
    If it’s just 1 or 2 clubs charging large fees for little benefit, then people should smell a scam and stay clear. They’ll soon realise. If you need to pay high amounts to get a spot on a program, then you probably are the clientele the club are looking for.

This forum is worse than a sewing circle.

The first person to mention $2k for rego was old Barry - "Like in the League One area, the club will not get caught in a ‘race to the bottom’ of player payments – did that in 2019 WPL, got us a trophy and a few years’ worth of heartache. Charging players circa $2000 registration to help win a comp is not our bag, and it’s just not sustainable."

Goatcheese - "Interesting you mention this with Warners Bay getting all these new signings, that must be where the $2,000 registration fee for Warner's U9 JDL team is going"

If you know anything about NPLW you would know there are no u9 JDL (girls start at u10s). Last season the u10s JDL rego at WB was $850 so I can't see how rego will be increased by $1200. We have been given every indication that rego will be thereabouts the same for 2022.

Carry On

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I think the tick part is a bit silly, but the breakdown is good. Players and parents can see how much is allocated to what. But allowing them to pick and choose what they pay for is a bit rich. A parent refuses to pay for the coaching part or the club polo?
    You are being a bit pedantic of course there would be the compulsory bits like coaching, ground fees etc. lol. I meant more for - Do you want a wet weather jacket, polo and bag with that burger.. some of it is fluff, and some of it doesn't need to be replaced every season. especially for 10 year olds. they don't need to be changing between 2 different sets of clothing on game day - just come ready to play.

You are being a bit pedantic of course there would be the compulsory bits like coaching, ground fees etc. lol. I meant more for - Do you want a wet weather jacket, polo and bag with that burger.. some of it is fluff, and some of it doesn't need to be replaced every season. especially for 10 year olds. they don't need to be changing between 2 different sets of clothing on game day - just come ready to play.
    Yeah but that dont get the club and there kit maker there coin. All clubs do deals where the more kit they sell the more money go into club and kit maker pocket. & u wonder why every kid gotta have that bag, skivvy, hat, train shirt, match shirt, different color shorts for match and train etc etc etc etc It a joke. Kids shold be able to train in what they want & have match kit shorts n socks. Thats how it was in my day. & is still in community. But sap all about the $$$ in truth

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPanther View Post
    This forum is worse than a sewing circle.

The first person to mention $2k for rego was old Barry - "Like in the League One area, the club will not get caught in a ‘race to the bottom’ of player payments – did that in 2019 WPL, got us a trophy and a few years’ worth of heartache. Charging players circa $2000 registration to help win a comp is not our bag, and it’s just not sustainable."

Goatcheese - "Interesting you mention this with Warners Bay getting all these new signings, that must be where the $2,000 registration fee for Warner's U9 JDL team is going"

If you know anything about NPLW you would know there are no u9 JDL (girls start at u10s). Last season the u10s JDL rego at WB was $850 so I can't see how rego will be increased by $1200. We have been given every indication that rego will be thereabouts the same for 2022.

Carry On
    I guess her parents were lying then, but there is no incentive for them to lie about the rego. (And she must've been in U10 but she certainly only turned 9 this year)

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Thats how it was in my day. & is still in community.
    And look how you turned out, no thank you.

And look how you turned out, no thank you.
    Sell a bit of merch do u boy? bet u feel real good abt ripping off parents who already ripped off to play u9 soccer. Dog move.

I guess her parents were lying then, but there is no incentive for them to lie about the rego. (And she must've been in U10 but she certainly only turned 9 this year)
    Yeah it’s a bit different with the girls. Some clubs could only fill 11/12s so there were a few 10s playing 11s like my daughter, so I assume clubs that also had 10s had 9s playing up. Very different world to boys SAP.

Spots available for Maitland NPLW U/13’s

Due to some player movements within the club some spots have opened up for the right girl, turning 12 or 13 in 2022. Training starts on Monday 8th of November. For more information please contact me on 0421 646 037 cheers Cal

Bump. In case anyone ever wants to find this thread again.

Bump. In case anyone ever wants to find this thread again.
    Thanks for that.