Page 118 of 242 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Watering down of acceptable social values
    For those reading at home I just want to comment by saying "acceptable social values" is such an interesting comment for an anti-SSM bloke to bring up. Dare I use the word evolution in a religious context but "acceptable social values" has to be one of the most evolving things ever. Go back to the aforementioned womens rights, racism, etc and previously socially accepted values we look back at now and are disgusted that it ever was accepted.

Things change, and it seems to me like the large majority of society is willing or attempting to accept SSM so doesn't that mean that the anti-SSM are fighting against the "acceptable social values" now?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And if all that it is is a tokenism gesture at 160 million $$$ of taxpayer money then our government should be finding better things than spending money on than a tokenism gesture that allows Adam and Steve to "feel better" about their Sins
    So now we're back to the money?
    Religious organisations are taxed differently to companies aren't they?

Doesn't seem to be much care about taxpayers money there old bean.

I don't really ever remember seeing so many people who's lives will be unaffected by a decision so adamant that the decision is wrong.

This is like soccer fans going mental because the obstruction rule in rugby league has changed. Ain't your problem, who cares.

(And don't say God).

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    right, I'm cleaning up this crap and issuing bannings
    What happened to Freedom of Speech?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    hate speech isn't freedom of speech

Government spending equals non government income. So to investigate the issue of legalising gay marriage the government is essentially giving us $160m. Anyone that would whinge about being given $160m is beyond help.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 01-09-2016 at 10:28 AM.

fwiw as much as I strongly disagreed with basically all of MFKFCs views over the past couple of days on this, I don't really get where he stepped over the line tbh. His only real crime was not accepting the countless amount of people proving him wrong or making his argument invalid rather than doing anything abnormally ban-worthy for this foz imo.
    OK

I think as well some people think that the Govt is going to get a big $160m pile of cash and set fire to it in the middle of Oxford st.

The money will go to wages for polling booth staff, ad companies and a lot will be 'internal' spending between govt departments which no cash ever physically changes hands.

Essentially just re-routing a stimulus package.

So hate of the CCM is acceptable?....thank god or if we were all ban for it, PV4 would feel lonely on the foz
    ....And I agree with PV4's post
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I think as well some people think that the Govt is going to get a big $160m pile of cash and set fire to it in the middle of Oxford st.
    Wait this isn't happening?

On a somewhat related note, one of my mates who prefers the company of men was saying he actually doesn't want it to happen because he has had a lot of hetero mates get screwed over by de-facto partners leaving and "taking half", and feels that if SSM comes through then it opens up the possibility of this happening to same sex couples where currently it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Wait this isn't happening?

On a somewhat related note, one of my mates who prefers the company of men was saying he actually doesn't want it to happen because he has had a lot of hetero mates get screwed over by de-facto partners leaving and "taking half", and feels that if SSM comes through then it opens up the possibility of this happening to same sex couples where currently it doesn't.
    This is a little something I alluded to earlier - the cost of hetero marriage to the economy is huge. There will be a flood of weddings no doubt but as time passes there will be the added cost of broken SSMs - divorce costs, welfare, domestic violence, child support, custody battles etc etc. Need to weigh up the rough with the smooth. Legal battles overseas are already underway including those from kids who feel they weren't brought up in a "normal" environment.

I fully support SS relationships but am not keen on the marriage aspect, just so my position is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    This is a little something I alluded to earlier - the cost of hetero marriage to the economy is huge. There will be a flood of weddings no doubt but as time passes there will be the added cost of broken SSMs - divorce costs, welfare, domestic violence, child support, custody battles etc etc. Need to weigh up the rough with the smooth. Legal battles overseas are already underway including those from kids who feel they weren't brought up in a "normal" environment.

I fully support SS relationships but am not keen on the marriage aspect, just so my position is clear.
    All those costs potentially involved with SSM though - isn't that doing "good" for the economy in that it keeps the money circulating?

I'm insanely naive when it comes to economics but I was under the impression that people spending on money, on whatever, was better than them sockdraw-ing their money.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Hold up a minute.
    Are you inferring that Hetros are so much better at marriage than gays?

Why would the divorce rate be any different?

As for kids being brought up in a 'normal' environment, so alcoholic parents, parents who abandon kids, parents who beat kids, what the hell is 'normal' anyway?

Besides, contrary to popular belief, teaching kids what is 'normal' is on you, the parent. Your prejudices are the only ones passed down homie.

If we Hetros are all better at parenting then that stigma goes away pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The money will go to wages for polling booth staff, ad companies and a lot will be 'internal' spending between govt departments which no cash ever physically changes hands.

Essentially just re-routing a stimulus package.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    fwiw as much as I strongly disagreed with basically all of MFKFCs views over the past couple of days on this, I don't really get where he stepped over the line tbh. His only real crime was not accepting the countless amount of people proving him wrong or making his argument invalid rather than doing anything abnormally ban-worthy for this foz imo.
    Unfortunately his post this morning saying if we legalise SSM why don't we legalise pedophilia & bestiality pushed him over the line. I was prepared to let him continue to post his narrow view on this topic because it was clear others were doing a great job of countering the bullshit RW rhetoric, but unfortunately he pushed it too far.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Unfortunately his post this morning saying if we legalise SSM why don't we legalise pedophilia & bestiality pushed him over the line. I was prepared to let him continue to post his narrow view on this topic because it was clear others were doing a great job of countering the bullshit RW rhetoric, but unfortunately he pushed it too far.
    I could see more sarcasm than hate in his post
    Dare to Zlatan

When are politicians going to allow a nation wide culling of all magpies. Every year I get swooped / attacked by these bastards and today was no exception. Today I'm riding through Aberglasslyn and must have been nailed a dozen times by three magpies. Can't believe how fast these pricks are either because I was flat out downhill and had to hit top gear before I could outrun them.

Anyway. Laws need to change so we can get rid of these good for nothing rats of the skies.

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/for...cement.php?f=2

pretty easy to see he stepped over the mark for points 1 and 2.

I was enjoying his continual self-foot-shooting, and am all for people with different views being able to express them, (id rather them expressed and argued against, than hidden away and left to fester) but instead of trying to make his point with logical reasoned arguments he decided to escalate this discussion to a point where his comments were too far wide of acceptable social standards and we wouldn't want those standards watered down.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 01-09-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    When are politicians going to allow a nation wide culling of all magpies. Every year I get swooped / attacked by these bastards and today was no exception. Today I'm riding through Aberglasslyn and must have been nailed a dozen times by three magpies. Can't believe how fast these pricks are either because I was flat out downhill and had to hit top gear before I could outrun them.

Anyway. Laws need to change so we can get rid of these good for nothing rats of the skies.
    tried sticking some plastic eyes on your helmet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    tried sticking some plastic eyes on your helmet?
    Cheers. I'll give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

Get a car Dunster ya hippy.