Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NPL Youth

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2019 NPL Youth

discussion here

Round 1 this weekend.
    Great to see Charlestown 16s win first up. That team has struggled to win games for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Round 1 this weekend.
    Great to see Charlestown 16s win first up. That team has struggled to win games for 4 years.
    Maitland really struggling in youth grades again this year based on yesterday’s results

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Maitland really struggling in youth grades again this year based on yesterday’s results
    Really???
    Maitland 15s 3-0 winners over Charlie.
    What does that say about CCB.

Olympic had a good weekend.
    Jaffas 15s on song and their 16s kept rolling on.
    Some good football out there

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Really???
    Maitland 15s 3-0 winners over Charlie.
    What does that say about CCB.
    It says they won 3 out of 4 and not 4 out of 4, and by some pretty big scores in the younger ages too.

Hamilton Olympic seem to be killing it in the 13's and 14's.

Both have won 7 in a row with 46 and 54 goal differential already.

Hamilton are doing something right at the youth level.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Maitland youth definitely better than last year. The 14's and 15's both doing ok, probably mid table team. It's still an improvement.

They seem to be have pretty decent SAP teams as well which bodes well for the future.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Hamilton Olympic seem to be killing it in the 13's and 14's.

Both have won 7 in a row with 46 and 54 goal differential already.

Hamilton are doing something right at the youth level.
    Recruitment working really well there. Who is the forward with 26 goals in 14's?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    They seem to be have pretty decent SAP teams as well which bodes well for the future.
    havent seen them play this year. Last year they were a pretty 'physical' side to say the least. Was a good learning experience for their opponents. They were good kids though so yeah if they have improved this year then thats the whole point of the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    havent seen them play this year. Last year they were a pretty 'physical' side to say the least. Was a good learning experience for their opponents. They were good kids though so yeah if they have improved this year then thats the whole point of the program.
    I think the 9's teams have been competitive and even beating some of the teams like Edgie & Magic. Haven't seen enough of the 10's to know their results.

I saw the Hamilton vs Broadmeadow SAP games last week. Hamilton are once again the teams to beat
    Broadmeadow were very impressive too. It was an amazing game and those clubs are doing something right. All 4 of those teams were a step above any other Ive seen this year

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I saw the Hamilton vs Broadmeadow SAP games last week. Hamilton are once again the teams to beat
    Broadmeadow were very impressive too. It was an amazing game and those clubs are doing something right. All 4 of those teams were a step above any other Ive seen this year
    Was that in both the 9's and 10's? One of the 10's Olympic teams have one boy who is probably the best player I have seen at this level.

The Jaffas games vs Olympic were great to watch. Not sure what all the "results" were but it was very evenly contested.

The best 9's team I have seen so far was the Lake Macquarie Blue team.

From what I'm told Lake Macquarie have a team which pretty much were able to play 9s again. That's great as they did it tough last year and now get the rewards. I don't watch a lot of 9s as we are in the 10s

I saw a boy in the Olympic vs Broadmeadow game last week. Whack a ball top corner with his right foot and then 15 minutes later do it with his left foot from 10m out. Keeper could only watch both times. I was sitting near the teams parents and they weren't surprised at all. I stood there having my WOW moment and he just jogged back to halfway without a care in the world. There are some great kids out there. I have found myself going out of my way to watch other clubs a lot more between our games this year.

Yes, last year it was Hamilton/Magic/Jaffas clearly the better 3 clubs.

Below them were Valentine, Edgeworth and New Lambton.

Have heard this year that New Lambton and Valentine are better again.
    I wouldnt be surprised if they drew the line under these clubs (and maybe Maitland if they are good this year) and kept them playing each other.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

From what I'm told Lake Macquarie have a team which pretty much were able to play 9s again. That's great as they did it tough last year and now get the rewards. I don't watch a lot of 9s as we are in the 10s

I saw a boy in the Olympic vs Broadmeadow game last week. Whack a ball top corner with his right foot and then 15 minutes later do it with his left foot from 10m out. Keeper could only watch both times. I was sitting near the teams parents and they weren't surprised at all. I stood there having my WOW moment and he just jogged back to halfway without a care in the world. There are some great kids out there. I have found myself going out of my way to watch other clubs a lot more between our games this year.
    Yup, totally agree. Watching kids at this age gives you hope for the future.

Do Jets youth play in this comp? If so how do they go vs club teams?

Jets youth play in all NPL grades but a year up. eg, Jets 15s play in 16s comp.

They usually do mid to upper table or higher. 14s and 15s are a bit of a struggle usually as the year older boys often have size on their side.

No idea if Jets are in SAP, but would guess not.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Jets youth play in all NPL grades but a year up. eg, Jets 15s play in 16s comp.

They usually do mid to upper table or higher. 14s and 15s are a bit of a struggle usually as the year older boys often have size on their side.

interesting. cheers.
    would have thought the 'elite' of these age groups (even taking into account the 12 month gap) would be far more talented.
    hopefully thats more of a credit to the NPL clubs than a critisism of the Jets.

Anyone know if the Jets reassess their teams every year? as in do the NPL kids have a realistic chance of making the Jets each year if they stand out or is it a bit of a closed shop?
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Do Jets youth play in this comp? If so how do they go vs club teams?
    EJets girls yes. EJets 11s boys play in the 12's metro Sap