Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NPL Youth Thread

Doesn’t it get old?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    You know shit about football but I know a lot
    I am a genius and you are a twat
    Come Sunday to CB and see the green grass
    Call me a muppet and I’ll kick your arse.
    Youth are playing at Jack McLaughlin, we'll see how good the 13s are I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Youth are playing at Jack McLaughlin, we'll see how good the 13s are I guess.
    Wrong buddy. Youth are playing at Croudace Bay. I will be there cheering them on like a mad wild dog.

Wrong buddy. Youth are playing at Croudace Bay. I will be there cheering them on like a mad wild dog.
    I'll keep an eye out for the pork chop

He won't be hard to miss

Valo beat edgy 2-1. I probably would have picked edgy in the 13s today, but it’s really congested at the top of the ladder for 3rd and 4th a win or a loss gets you in and out of that position every week for the 13s, this close to finals probably more of a mental game knowing they need to win to get through. Maitland lost to the buds as well. Does anyone know what happened at Weston game today? That was a massive blow out for them. Lakes lost their keeper today after he was kicked in the face which made things hard against top of the ladder mid coast. Wondering if something similar happened?

Goatscheese was not only wrong about the venue but he failed to find any pork chops. Valo 13s destroyed Edgy’s chance of finals and with it any hope of Goatscheese being able to gloat. Shove that up ya muppet! Go Valo!

P.S. Hurricane the only thing not hard to miss is your lack of intelligence.
    Last edited by Captain_Carl; 02-11-2020 at 04:51 AM.

Cant sleep at 3.51am?

Goatscheese was not only wrong about the venue but he failed to find any pork chops. Valo 13s destroyed Edgy’s chance of finals and with it any hope of Goatscheese being able to gloat. Shove that up ya muppet! Go Valo!

Didn't see you Miss Piggy cause I wasn't going to bother getting up early to go watch two teams I'm not involved in.

Talking about results though, how was Edgy 14s securing a spot in the finals by destroying Valo 9-1. Go Edgy!

How about Edgy 15s winning the Premiership by dominating Valo 4-0 Go Edgy

Or Edgy 16s who haven't even won half their games this year beating Valo 2-0

But yeah nah Go Valo, keep walking champ.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 02-11-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Jeepers Creepers

Banned
    Charles 13s retaining 6 or so certainties, the rest up to trialists or targeted invitations.

Imagine the merry go round is on full tilt now for all clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Jeepers Creepers
    I didn’t do any Jeepers Creepers on the weekend Hurricane because I was afraid you would come over and crash tackle me. Jeepers Creepers yeah! Hey it’s a beautiful day!

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Jeepers Creepers
    16 goals scored against Valo in one day is Jeepers Creepers

16 goals scored against Valo in one day is Jeepers Creepers
    The Valo 13s won. They are the team you were questioning. They knocked Edgy out of finals contention. Jeepers Creepers you are a dope Goatscheese.
    Last edited by Captain_Carl; 04-11-2020 at 05:55 AM.

The Valo 13s won. They are the team you were questioning. They knocked Edgy out of finals contention. Jeepers Creepers you are a dope Goatscheese.
    Valentine NPL table positions
    13 8th
    14 8th
    15 12th (last)
    16 9th
    18s 10th (last)
    Res 9th (2nd last)
    1st 8th

The 13s are 8th and their equal best performing team. Good result against Edgy but, based on table positions, unexpected.

Love your passion Carl, but that is a pretty poor result for the club overall and its been that way for some time. For whatever reason, better players just don't seem to want to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    13 8th
    14 8th
    15 12th (last)
    16 9th
    18s 10th (last)
    Res 9th (2nd last)
    1st 8th

The 13s are 8th and their equal best performing team. Good result against Edgy but, based on table positions, unexpected.

Love your passion Carl, but that is a pretty poor result for the club overall and its been that way for some time. For whatever reason, better players just don't seem to want to play there.
    It’s not great is it? I think some of those teams next year will perform better.

Charlestown has half a team of 12-year-olds who most likely will be playing 13's again next year (if they stay I suppose).

The highest number of retained players I've heard of so far is 8 in that age group. Anyone got any teams who have retained more than that?

It’s not great is it? I think some of those teams next year will perform better.
    Just need better supporters I reckon

Just need better supporters I reckon
    Maybe all of the young kids are scared of the Jeepers Creepers. It was a pretty scary movie

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    13 8th
    14 8th
    15 12th (last)
    16 9th
    18s 10th (last)
    Res 9th (2nd last)
    1st 8th

There is a bit more to the story brother, Valentine were promoted in 2016 from NEWFM after demotion from NPL in 2014, they were very strong in the lower ages then lost a host of juniors. Some other clubs have had a similar path, Maitland were promoted in 2015 & Lake Macquarie in 2017 and if you look at the performances of all these Junior teams there is almost a direct correlation of results and time back at the top level. Rebuilding doesn't happen overnight. Of course there are other factors involved but with the new facility not far away one would expect continued improvement in their results in the youth divisions. (I didn't include seniors because it is separate thread)
    13's - Maitland - 4th
    13's - Valentine 8th
    13's - Lake Macquarie - 13th (Last)

14's - Maitland - 5th
    14's - Valentine 8th
    14's - Lake Macquarie - 12th (Last)

15's - Maitland - 5th
    15's - Lake Macquarie - 8th
    15's - Valentine 12th (last)

16's - Maitland - 7th
    16's - Valentine 9th
    16's - Lake Macquarie - 11th