Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

so 10 games left in the season and im 2 points from automatic promotion place. in the last week and a half i have had 5 of my starting XI ruled out injured for between 2 weeks and 3 months. this game can really drive you insane!

oh and i lost in injury time to the team coming last to top it off

have had no time to play the last week or so. plus the mass amount of injuries i was getting drove me nuts. surely it's irregular for a fm game to have so many injuries - i've been reading online that this years version has been worse than any other. it's been ridiculous.
    OK

I think it might be because they destroyed the training. It's so dumbed down now that it hurts.

German Cup Winner 3 times in a row, 4th in the League. Not bad for a club that has little to no wage budget compared to your munich levekusen etc
    Amigos Aarau

Offseason, Bloody big clubs start wanting to raid my good young players tell em where to go. Only for the chairman to go and sell 1 of them. (thankfully not the one I want to build the club around)

First trial game 3 big injuries... rookie error did have them on right training I think. But have some good coverage.

Might go another couple of seasons on this and then swap over to 2013... I have about a 1 year old laptop should run 2013 alright?
    Amigos Aarau

I started a game as the Australian coach to see how i go. Qualified for the World Cup in 1st place, only dropped points against Iran which i lost 1-0. Though putting a weakened (though not extremely weakened) side out against Thailand nearly threw away top spot in the end as i only scraped past them 2-1. After that i beat Turkey 3-2 in a friendly and was defeated by Spain, Brazil, Bulgaria, Argentina & Slovakia. I managed a draw against Switzerland before beating Santos (organised a friendly with them). On my last friendly before the World Cup i got beat by Ecuador.

I was drawn in Group F against Chile, Germany and South Africa.

Vs Chile.
    Didn't exactly go to plan. Was hoping to try snatch a draw in this one. The 7-1 smacking i copped didn't exactly do me any favours. Bresciano with the goal.

Vs Germany.
    Better performance. Was still in the game in the 80th minute 2-1. Pushed in the last ten for a goal and conceded on the counter. Final result 3-1. Cahil scored with a penalty, also missed one.

Vs South Africa.
    Not a good start being down 1-0 within 25 seconds of kick off. By 20 minutes in though and the aussies were sitting pretty at 4-1. A hat trick from Mphela didn't help South Africa as i finished the game 5-3 victors though the only thing that stopped my team from showing the world how to throw a 4 goal lead was the lack of fiishing from South Africa. Thwaite got 2 goals, Bresciano 2 goals and Cahill.

With an average age squad of 29 i probably shouldn't of expected to much. 90% of this squad have played their last game for Australia.

Argentina beat Brazil in the final 3-0 with Italy beating Belgium in the 3rd place playoff. Tim Cahill and Eugene Galekovic retire from international football and looks like i have kept my job though the board are very dissapointed.
    Last edited by weston; 25-12-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Anyone used the iPad version? Was considering purchasing, but wanted some feedback.

Got offered the Bayern, Chelsea, Man U jobs after 2 seasons

Stuck with Villa and took Australia job too.....

www.greenmangaming.com
    $19.99 RRP
    Use the code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 = $14.00 WIN!

If you haven't already got it, no excuse now... $14 is cheaper than I think you can buy FM2012 for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    www.greenmangaming.com
    $19.99 RRP
    Use the code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 = $14.00 WIN!

If you haven't already got it, no excuse now... $14 is cheaper than I think you can buy FM2012 for right now.
    Gone back up to $39 now. $28 with discount

Jerks just did the double with Jim Magilton in charge. Jesic and Pepper scored the goals. Jesic got the Joe Marston medal. Something definitely wrong about the game... Jerks scored most and conceded least goals in the league as well. WTF.

So, dusted off FM, haven't played in a while. Checked in on the Jerks.

Griff is still clubs leading goal scorer AND NOW THE MANAGER.

Kantarovski is Australian Marquee, BK has 243 appearances and now leads the appearances for the club.
    Club made a record signing in bringing Million Butshiire for nearly half a million and he has gone on to score 26 goals for the club in 5 seasons. Typical Jets prolific scorer there. He only JUST overtook Scott Neville as the leading goal scorer STILL PLAYING for the club with 25 goals.
    Chapman, Bernardo, Remington, Pepper, Virgili, Brillante all still with the club... and they just signed a 33 year old Leijer.

Have only finished in the top 6 TWICE, once when they won the final (previous post) and last year, Griffs first in charge.

I won 5 regular seasons in a row in 5 seasons with 3 grand final wins and one ACL. Brought in Joel before he retired

Just won with Gladbach the treble of German Title, German Cup and Champions League. Back to back german titles. Season 2019-20
    Amigos Aarau

In the 2022/23 season, current real life Perth based lower league player (I think...), Andre Sarpe, becomes a Jets legend taking the club to its FIRST EVER A-LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP

17 wins, 6 draws, 4 losses. 50 goals scored.
    Regen striker gets golden boot with 19 goals.
    Danilo Spasojevic (currently playing on Serbia in real life, I think) played a pivotal role with 10 goals as well.
    Captain Kantarovski left for a big money deal in January but not before accumulating 311 appearances for the club and 74 caps for Australia.
    Chapman and Brillante both still with the club, approaching or just over 200 appearances each.
    Club currently has THREE Australian internationals (and they aren't shit).

First time winning the championship and only the third time in this game that they have even qualified for the finals.

:happytears:

And he's done it. Gone on to CRUSH the scum 3-0 in the Grand Final. Andre Sarpe, true newy legend.

FM14 has been announced today

LFC marshalls transfer updates usually keep me going on fm until the release of the new game

currently in third season with Norwich

leroy fer is a gun that's all I will say
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Haven't done an FM update in ages...

Currently in 2025 at Club Universitario de Deportes in the Peruvian First Division. Have finished top of the league in my first attempt and am going to the finals. No idea what that is just yet, first season here.

Quick history...

I started doing a Pentagon Challenge (thought I had posted about it in here, tbh) that involves doing the continental champions league in all 5 continents starting as a Sunday League rep, unemployed manager.

I started my career in the South Korean National League with Chungju Hummel. First season was pretty simple, a bunch of free transfers and a few loans were enough to get me up into the K-League. Qualified for the Asian Champions League in my second season by virtue of being runner up in the cup to the K-League winners. Didn't make it out of the group stages. Won the Korean FA Cup in my 2nd season in K-League and qualified for the CL again... and in 2015 did the treble, FA Cup, K-League and ACL. 4 years in Asia = success. Did not extend my contract and left for a new challenge.

In late 2015, took over the Republic of Ireland and at the start of 2016 took over mid table Leeds United in the Championship. Had a decent push into the playoffs but struggled with injuries over the last 3 months of the season and fell down to 10th. The next season after a few decent signings and keeping hold of my good players pushed on to win the Championship with 2 games in hand. In 2017/18 I finished 8th but won the League Cup and left Republic of Ireland (with zero trophies) to take over Argentina. Won the Copa America in 2019 and finished 4th with Leeds to have my first crack at the Champions League. Was not successful. Finished 3rd and failed again in 2020. Finished 2nd and won the Champions League in 2021 Was annoyed at Man Utd who won the league a ridiculous 8 seasons in a row so I hung around there after my European success to take the title from them. 2nd by 2 points in 2022, 2nd by an absurd 8 points (despite being 2 points better than previous season) but finally winning it in 2023/24 season by 3 points over United. 8 years in Europe = success.

After winning the Copa America, I decided to go for a different challenge in national teams as well... and took over India after having signed a hotly rated Indian striker to the first team at Leeds. Won the Asian Nations Challenge Cup and qualified for the 2023 Asian Cup (where I only got a point). Based on results from that same tournament... I took the Australian job from Ian Crook after he lost to Singapore, South Korea and Syria, not registering a point. Have since won the 2023 East Asian Cup, qualified for the 2026 World Cup, won the 2025 East Asian Cup and well on track to qualify for the next Asian Cup as well.

Resigned and went hunting for work in South America and accepted a job offer from newly promoted Mexican Promotion League relegation fodder, Tampico Madero. The only blemish on my illustrious career. Could NOT buy a win, got sacked after 7 months.

Hunted for work again and took over at Universitario where their manager had been given the boot after failing to get a point in the group stages of Copa Libertadores with the club languishing in mid table. Have only lost twice since taking over so here is hoping that I can add some South American continental success to my regime before moving to North America or Africa

Really want to take Leeds back over, Moyes is in charge and has DESTROYED my team. My AMC was reigning Ballon d'Or recipient... and he sold him for £20m to Barcelona. I had two of the best strikers in the world and a youngster who was growing in to a world class striker... and he is playing a single target man up front, sold my youngster to someone with one of the stars on the bench

Think I might finish my career (in many years time) with the Jerks. The current manager would be a god if it was the real world - won the league and GF (beating second place Gypos in the final) and has finished 2nd in the league the two following years but lost in both grand finals (penalties to WSW, 1-2 to MH).

And have just been drawn with Italy, Uruguay and New Zealand in the World Cup. What a group.