Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: 2014 World Cup Qualifying

Smashed iraq u20 1-0 so proud

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Pretty sure I seen Timmy up on that Capo stand don't call me a liar
    newyrover and timmy repping for Newy. No-one else put their hands up, except for one of the sydney lads who was in halfway with the other mega.
    Timmy Cahill comes up on the victory lap, leaps onto the capo stand and proceeds to go apeshit with the boyz

amazing scenes
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned

Photoshopped for accuracy

one of the better nights of my life.

lazed home around 2am thanks pv4 for the lift from Gosford.

haven't watched a replay, don't know who was good or who was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

The pitch looked like a disgrace last night - people at the ground, can you add anymore to this? Was it as uneven as it appeared on the TV coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The pitch looked like a disgrace last night - people at the ground, can you add anymore to this? Was it as uneven as it appeared on the TV coverage?
    Looked absolutely horrible it did flog down before the game and during but
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Great night in the end....it pissed down rain of course and it took 45 mins to get in the ground, there were about 20,000 of us still outside at kickoff !!

The goal was one of the great football moments - complete pandemonium.

Crowd was vocal but was let down by the bogan bandwagoners (who I swear were all Gypos). All I heard near me was Aussie, Aussie, Aussie (chant usually started by drunk, old bogan and finished off by schoolkids) and the horrendous "Let's go Aussie, let's go *clap clap*...." - WTF ?

The Ole chant was gold though when it went round the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Looked absolutely horrible it did flog down before the game and during but
    Can see AFC (with the shits because we qualified again), telling us we must have a world class surface - all games to Hindmarsh !

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Smashed iraq u20 1-0 so proud
    we will loose

Some guys have all the luck....

BNC0RBWCQAAWiQ9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Some guys have all the luck....

BNC0RBWCQAAWiQ9.jpg
    She looks scared, and scarred

she looks like she's scared...

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    she looks like she's scared...
    Ok - after the comments last night, who has bugged who!?

After Belchardo rightly pointed out, last night was for celebrating. Having now come back down to eartha bit, I think we shoudl reflect upon how lucky we were to escape with a win last night.

If we are to have any chance of escaping the group, a few key things I have picked up include:

* The need for a proper left back. With qualification secured, the opportunity exists to give a prospect left back a run. My first thought was someone like Aziz Behich. But I'd be keen to hear what others have to say or suggest too. Matt McKay won't cut it against the likes of Arjen Robben or even Aaron Lennon.

* Wilkshere is too inconsistent and is need of replacing. The problem I have is I don't know who by. His crossing was woeful last night. Too highly floated, lacked speed. If this was his asset, we are in trouble. Defensively he was shown up a bit too. Did the ground and conditions hinder him? Maybe...but still not been impressed with his last 3 games.

* Corner set piece - Why are we always fading these away, and they end up on the edge of the 18 yard box? We can't score headers from there, unless we get a knock down and scramble situation. Need to mix it up a bit.

* Number 10 - Holman isn't cutting it for me. Granted i've never rated the bloke. I did soften after his goal in the last world cup, but I've swung back to being harsh again. Rogic was far superior to him in my opinion, and I hope he can work his way to become a starter by this time next year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    After Belchardo rightly pointed out, last night was for celebrating. Having now come back down to eartha bit, I think we shoudl reflect upon how lucky we were to escape with a win last night.

If we are to have any chance of escaping the group, a few key things I have picked up include:

* The need for a proper left back. With qualification secured, the opportunity exists to give a prospect left back a run. My first thought was someone like Aziz Behich. But I'd be keen to hear what others have to say or suggest too. Matt McKay won't cut it against the likes of Arjen Robben or even Aaron Lennon.

* Wilkshere is too inconsistent and is need of replacing. The problem I have is I don't know who by. His crossing was woeful last night. Too highly floated, lacked speed. If this was his asset, we are in trouble. Defensively he was shown up a bit too. Did the ground and conditions hinder him? Maybe...but still not been impressed with his last 3 games.

* Corner set piece - Why are we always fading these away, and they end up on the edge of the 18 yard box? We can't score headers from there, unless we get a knock down and scramble situation. Need to mix it up a bit.

* Number 10 - Holman isn't cutting it for me. Granted i've never rated the bloke. I did soften after his goal in the last world cup, but I've swung back to being harsh again. Rogic was far superior to him in my opinion, and I hope he can work his way to become a starter by this time next year.

Behich has barely played since leaving Heart so at this point in time No. I say pick Zadkovic there. He will aim up any way

Wiklkshire >> Chris Herd at Villa if he is ever fit. Rhys Williams at Mibblesboro

Set Pieces are an issue. We don't really have someone who stands out to deliver free kicks<Bresciano may be good for one occassionally but no consistent quality

Holman has always been shit. For some reason he seems to have even lost his running around like a headless chook gift he had. Offers little now. Rogic for sure

As for the earlier query about the playing surface. Not being a grass man but would the grasses found in Aussie stadiums be slightly different to what may be found in a Football specific stadium???

Our grounds have to standup to rugby codes AFL etc and for this would probably need to be a bit more resistant to the bash and barge of these games. Would this also be the reason why even the Socceroos have a hard time keeping their feet yet when they play in club football in Europe they don't???

It always seems the grass has a bit of moisture making the field slippery??

Rogic lifted the team last night, how a boy of his height has such a small and quick turning circle ill never know.
    I really hope he manages his body and career correctly. Surely he'd have to get more of a look in next season for Celtic.
    Also hope Holger really gives him some gametime in plenty of friendlies over next 12 months.

Friendlies friendlies friendlies is what we need!
    Give us a chance to try out players in fullback positions, also abit worried about who would fill Bresc's creative role is he was to be injured.

elephant in the room for me is the coach. he got us there, but is he the guy to take us there? i'm not sure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    elephant in the room for me is the coach. he got us there, but is he the guy to take us there? i'm not sure.
    GVE for the gig??? Kill two birds with the one stone

Agree that Holger is a bit clueless.We only got their on the back of him backing old blokes and they just made it!!!

The old blokes will get smashed in Brasil by the World Class teams we will get

over two million watched the TV coverage (1.52 million on SBS and 549,000 on Fox Sports). http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/les-m...tuous-conquest

pretty good numbers.

We are quite industrious and seem to be playing in a fairly organised way but to me our players except Bresc dont have the close ball skill. To unfairly highlight that point i did watch spain put a 1000 nails into urugay just before. Bresc 1st touch can beat that 1st player nearly everytime thus creating time and space to distribute. I cant see anyone near his level. All of our mids should be able to do this.
    Oar, kruze, tim, did well the backs we ok, lolman was not interested. Makay seems to ride a bike and backs off way too quick in defence. Im not sure what role milligan plays but he seems adequate.