Page 78 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    the only non Spanish team to knock a Spanish team out of the knockout stages of all European competition this season

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    the only non Spanish team to knock a Spanish team out of the knockout stages of all European competition this season
    Prevented an all Spanish team European club cup finals from occurring too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Man, you'll take them any day of the week but have you seen 3 scrappier goals in a big game like that before?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Man, you'll take them any day of the week but have you seen 3 scrappier goals in a big game like that before?
    yep but the 1st leg was a dodgy oggy.

btw. liverpool should play cup football. Its what the game was built on on. stuff this 1st past the post malarky
    Last edited by hawk; 06-05-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    plague , go back to your own lester thread..

Liverpool showed that the Spaniards hate playing football if they aren't allowed to do ticka tacka.

I expect more "in your face" tactics in the final - it's their best chance.

Despite being a draw, I was pretty impressed with the final stages of the performance this morning. I only saw the last 15 minutes but it's obvious Klopp treated this match as a dress rehearsal for next week's final. The Reds continued to press for an equaliser and managed to get it. This will certainly give the team confidence that they have a goal in them if they continue to pressure their opposition and not panic.

Can had an off night apparently, but Benteke got the goal. Now to get through Sunday night's match and onwards to Basel.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I only saw the start of the second half until i drifted back off to sleep some time after the 60 minute mark - I thought Chelsea were dominant and was very surprised by the final result

just looked shaky on Chelsea"s counter and the midfield looked rubbish going forward

Brad Smith has apparently won the Academy's Players' Player award

which surprises me to be honest

he's doing well for a bloke who does his hair with vaseline

Brad Smith has apparently won the Academy's Players' Player award

which surprises me to be honest

he's doing well for a bloke who does his hair with vaseline
    Listening to the Anfield Wrap they're all of the opinion he will be sold during the summer as well. Despite impressing earlier in the year, peaking with his goal in the FA Cup his performances have been a bit sketchy in the first team.

his performances of late wouldn't look out of place in a Jets jersey

his performances of late wouldn't look out of place in a Jets jersey
    Conceding goals and getting red cards.......yep you're right

Have to agree that he will probably get the flick if we bring in another fullback.
    It's hard to see him getting a game over Clyne. And Moreno has come good as of late. But I think Klopp may bring in a left back. So it'll be between them I imagine.
    Klopp seems to be willing to give him a crack. So either he sees something there or he's putting him in the shop window.

Don't forget we also have Flanno
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Yehhh I meant to say he can play either side and Klopp seems to fancy him. To be fair, Klopp has given them a fair crack, with the exception of Flanagan who may be given a preseason benefit of the doubt.
    All depends who we bring in. Good for him to stay at liverpool tbh. If we can get Europa/some European competition next year we will be in a good position to develop him.
    A red card didn't really help his chances.

Klopp is very hard to read sometimes with his thoughts on players.

As a little discussion, which 5 do you think will be moved on, and if it's different which 5 do you want moved on?

We thank Michael and the staff at the Northumberland Hotel for making their venue available for Hunter Reds on May 19th to watch the 2016 Europa League Final LIVE on their big screen.
    Doors will open from 4am, and alcohol will be on sale from 5am (licence restriction). Under 18's are welcome to attend with an accompanying adult.
    So that the venue has an idea on numbers please RSVP here
    https://www.facebook.com/events/944284382357166/
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Players I want moved on:
    Skrtel - seen better days, great player for the club and always was tough, but this season he was found out more than last.
    Benteke - obvious, right from the start, he never suited the "liverpool way" and rodgers was willing to chance that, and that's where he came unstuck. Terrible signing in the first place.
    Bogdan - no thanks
    Toure/sakho- don't mind these guys tbh, but we need to Be aiming higher and Toure is old and a handy backup for non league games to add some Experience but the fact he's getting games in our bigger matches kind of doesn't sit well. And sakho, I think he will be forced out anyway.

Who I think will be moved on:
    Skrtel
    Bogdan
    Allen - despite a handy contribution I think he will seek a move to Swansea.
    Ibe - think Klopp has seen enough, maybe keep for preseason and hope there's improvement.
    Benteke
    Sakho

I'll play.

I think the following will be moved on.

Luis Alberto, Samed Yesil, Martin Skrtel, Joe Allen (simply because of competition), Kevin Stewart, Mario Balotelli, Ryan McLaughlin, Andre Wisdom, Tiago Illori, Christian Benteke, Joao Texiera, Steven Caulker (loan finish), Brad Smith, Adam Bogdan

I mean to be fair, the Champions League should only be for champions anyway.

Lester4lyf

Stating the obvious, but a disappointing result this morning. After a fairly even first 20 Liverpool seemed to take the ascendency and got the first goal. A few unlucky handball calls (3 to be exact) went against them - 2 of which would have been penalties.

Second half and Liverpool never seemed to get going. Sevilla dominated and Liverpool couldn't get a foot on the ball. To win the trophy for 3 consecutive years is a phenomenal achievement.

Did anyone else think that throughout the players just seemed on a different wavelength to each other, a lot of flat footed passes, someone nicking a touch which pushed it past the player in a better position and doing the "flair" touch or getting physical (Can) instead of doing the simple thing and playing the ball?

Anyone who says that it's a good thing to not have European football is kidding themselves. This has potential to derail Klopp's recruitment drive for next year. What it may allow is Klopp to be more ruthless in the outgoing's for next season. Without the European football we won't need as big a squad so there will be plenty of movement out.