Page 105 of 178 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    From the very little that i've watched he seems to be more of an attacker than a midfielder. So you've got Fabinho, Henderson, Keita as 3 starting midfielders. I don't think Fekir starts over these 3 in a gen press game plan. Oxlade, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum as back ups. He isn't starting over Mane, Salah or Firmino in the front 3 either. You don't have any depth behind those 3 but it's a lot of money on a back up if he does come.

Not saying he won't or wouldn't do well. I just think that his signing could be linked with another player moving on from that front 3 of Liverpool.
    The very little you've watched is more than waht I've watched so I'll defer to you on that one. The Anfield Wrap podcast seem to think he is coming in for versatility as well as ability. You're right - it's a lot of money, but when you don't really need to strengthen your starting line up, instead add depth, perhaps it is warranted?

If he does come in, he'd know the role he'd be playing.

Meh, keepers make errors. Neuer makes errors, Buffon is slower than an average flat earther, Donnarumma is calamatious at least once a month. The only keepers who don't make mistakes are the ones who don't face shots against them. I'd take him at Arsenal if you do decide to offload him.

That last point is very true. The fact that no liverpool player went over and picked him up was sh*te. Not a good sign as a mentality thing. You pick him up, get him into the change room and then deal with your crying. Like a real man.
    I wasn't impressed that it took a while before someone went over to him. Those left on the pitch I can understand would likely deal with their own disappointment first. Danny Ward was the first LIVERPOOL player there after a few Madrid players went to see him.

I find it interesting that you would want him for Arsenal - moreso from the mistake doesn't bother you. He's never really convinced, for me, during his time there and that it took so long to displace Mignolet (in what was amongst fans a bit unwarranted at the time) says a lot. Neither he nor Migs have really stepped up and made the postion THEIRS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

At times this season we have looked short up front.
    Haven’t seen too much of Fekir play tbh. But if he’s as good as they say, I’d have no problem paying whatever he wants and interchanging the front 3 a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'd take him at Arsenal if you do decide to offload him.
    Of course you would Arsenal fans dont know what a good GK looks like these days
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Anyone who thinks Milner, Henderson and Ox are the future are tripping.

Last Sunday showed the lack of options outside of 'run fast on the break'.

No one on that team could put their foot on the ball and buy some time, let alone create anything in the front 3rd.

I've no idea who any of these new dudes are but if they are more like Coutinho than Milner then you've got a chance.

Keeper should shave his head to show hes ready to bounce back.

Bale showed unless you do something spectacular, a man bun is gonna make you look stupid
    EVERY.
    SINGLE.
    TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Of course you would Arsenal fans dont know what a good GK looks like these days
    Chelsea conceded as many as Liverpool this year so he must be as good as Courtois?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Bale showed unless you do something spectacular, a man bun is gonna make you look stupid
    EVERY.
    SINGLE.
    TIME.

Something I think everyone can agree on.

Although I think he still probably looked stupid, I just didn't notice it whilst he floated through the air and turned that terrible cross into something beautiful.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    The very little you've watched is more than waht I've watched so I'll defer to you on that one. The Anfield Wrap podcast seem to think he is coming in for versatility as well as ability. You're right - it's a lot of money, but when you don't really need to strengthen your starting line up, instead add depth, perhaps it is warranted?

If he does come in, he'd know the role he'd be playing.

I wasn't impressed that it took a while before someone went over to him. Those left on the pitch I can understand would likely deal with their own disappointment first. Danny Ward was the first LIVERPOOL player there after a few Madrid players went to see him.

I find it interesting that you would want him for Arsenal - moreso from the mistake doesn't bother you. He's never really convinced, for me, during his time there and that it took so long to displace Mignolet (in what was amongst fans a bit unwarranted at the time) says a lot. Neither he nor Migs have really stepped up and made the postion THEIRS.
    Was a rather bad look from all the players and in particular his manager and coaching staff

Club motto is You Will Never Walk Alone

Well this bloke wasnt even on the bus back to the hotel with them.

He was told to walk home

Melissa Reddy is saying the Fekir deal is looking to be finalised before the weekend - something that is now being reported by the BBC as well. Reddy is usually on the money.

He will be an interesting purchase as we all discussed earlier.

Also being suggested is triggering the Shaquiri release clause. I've always liked Shaquiri and would be happy if this were to happen.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Really liked Shaqiri after last World Cup, looked great. Just hasn’t really flourished in an average team.
    Don’t know if I’d be too pleased to have him 4 years older. Haven’t seen too much of him though tbh.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

Fekir Off.

Don't know why as there are differing reports, but could have something to do with his past knee injury and could have something to do with Reds being a bit too pushy in their negotiations with Aulas. Will have to wait until after the World cup to get him according to reports.

FMD. If you want something to burn your eyes out so you don’t have to see Arzani play in gold over dimi, check out our new away strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    FMD. If you want something to burn your eyes out so you don’t have to see Arzani play in gold over dimi, check out our new away strip.
    The purple one?
    Geez louise.

Fabinho in. Presumably as DM coverage for Can.
    Salah signed a long term contract. So he’s off to Madrid in the summer.
    Keeper rumours still getting around. Bogdan loaned out again. In for Schmeichal apparently.
    Keita joined us.

Still need/want another top class striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Fabinho in. Presumably as DM coverage for Can.
    Salah signed a long term contract. So he’s off to Madrid in the summer.
    Keeper rumours still getting around. Bogdan loaned out again. In for Schmeichal apparently.
    Keita joined us.

Still need/want another top class striker.
    Bogdan again....FFS

I'm impressed with the business Liverpool are doing.

Fabinho, Alisson, Shaqiri added to Keita which was complete last year. It's pretty good.

Seem like they are on a mission.

Bad news that Ox is out for the season.

But I agree. We are doing well to keep building imo.
    Can loss is covered by Fabinho and Keita. And it’ll be interesting to see wht we can do with our midfield this season.

Shaqiri will offer good depth on bench. And to play on our wings if needed.

Who is gonna leave out of Mignolet or karius? That’ll be just as interesting imo. Has to be Mignolet yeh?

Also, cover for CB looks interesting as Lovren will miss the start of season. As will Henderson, Alexander Arnold.

Still think we need another good quality striker.
    I’d love the option to play 2 up front. Or somebody equally as good as Firmino (who I still think is a bit of a false 9) to replace him and share the role a little.

I agree that Mignolet will be the player to leave. Ward too.

Do you think Sturridge could be the additional striker? He's always injured so can't be relied upon. The reason I say him is because Klopp hinted towards our business being done - which is interesting for Fekir as well.

Banned
    But are ypu going to breach the gap to the top??

I think Man U are going to be a bit closer

Chelsea should do much better

Spuds will be about the place

Arsenal should improve without Wenger

City should be at the top end too

I think it going to be hard to pick

Could end up with anyone of 5 teams winning it this season without some Lester miracle happening

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    But are ypu going to breach the gap to the top??

I think Man U are going to be a bit closer

Chelsea should do much better

Spuds will be about the place

Arsenal should improve without Wenger

City should be at the top end too

I think it going to be hard to pick

Could end up with anyone of 5 teams winning it this season without some Lester miracle happening
    Arsenal are over $3 to make the top 4.
    think its the easiest best of the season.

Spurs are gonna slide, as will Liverpool (i think soz lads).
    Just depends on if Chelsea get back close enough to fight for 4th with Liverpool.

It just looks like Klopps one trick (which is an awesome trick) has been well worked out, and teams are gonna just sit and suffocate them. Again they dont look like they've brought in anyone who can provide a plan b.
    Coutinho used to be plan B. are any of these new doodz anywhere near what he provided?

if not id sense too many draws and dropped points.

Would bet Citeh, United, Arsenal, Chelsea/Liverpool top 4.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG