Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The Great Wall Tour

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Actually I read your detailed analysis in what, 10 words, pretty much sums up the intelligence of this goalkeeper pissing contest.....and yours for that matter. You didn't honestly expect anyone to respond to such thoughtless comment did you.........its pathetic

Next time you rack your brain for hours for another 5-6 word zinger in battle for BK v JD supremecy you should take it to the goalkeeper thread.

Furns- apologies for engaging but every thread in this forum is now seemingly infected with this baseless goalkeeper debate. It's everywhere and it pretty much kills any other real discussion.
    It was a soft goal.

Come the HAL season goals like that will cost us, it shows that JD is not ready.

Sorry you expected an essay ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I think the point is that there are ten other positions on the field to discuss as well.
    The GK debate is starting to become tiresome with the same old points being brought up time and again in multiple threads.
    Can't remember much discussion about JD at all.

It's not the topic I object to, It's the repeated obsessing the same crap over and over regardless of what's actually presented.

The game v Kitchee 3 goals were scored against us. 2 of which were shown on what looked a handycam in row Z. Unless anyone here jumped on the plane to China was actually present to witness said goals it's fairly difficult to judge the performance of any player. May as well claim Nabbout was man of the match in a Messi like performance, because he he scored one goal and all in the 10 secs of footage shown.

But all that matters is 1 upping the BK/JD fanboys. It's pathetic.
    So you can't judge the goal from the footage? FMD

I've been a keeper for 30 years, more than qualified to offer an opinion... don't need some keyboard warrior to stifle legitimate discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    They were goals conceded on the ****ing great wall tour! If people want to talk about those goals and the perceived errors made then why shouldn't it be in the thread talking about the games on that tour?

We've got an Andrew Hoole thread but I don't see anyone demanding people go and talk about his free kicks and penalty in there. We have a kits thread and no one demanded the discussion about us wearing our FFA badged kit or our gradient training kits were moved there. We have a CEO thread and no one demanded that the discussion about Lawrie be moved there.

And yes borat, calling you out on your little tantrum clearly makes me 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I'm totally with Gaz - BK now is eternally judged based on the BK trainwreck of many moons ago. The BK of the last few years has been mature and solid - his last A-League game was outstanding.

"BK fanbois" just ask for fairness in judgement.
    Whereas I think Gaz and other BK fanbois remember BK in the Gold Coast shootout and eternally judge him based on that.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I'm just here to meet women.
    You're totally in the wrong place that it isn't funny

I'm no BK fanboi - I've consintely stated Birraz is the better keeper.
    Just wanting fair and reasonable critique of any keeper - my unfair and unreasonable critique of Birraz (and then instantly blaming JD) was aonly to demonstrte how the critique of BK has been so bias based on his poor form period from when before my eldest child was born.

We'll miss Birraz, I'd love to see him replaced with a undoubted staring quality keeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    But your bias for BK clouds the level of unfairness/free ride/whatever on criticism levelled at him.

The simple fact of the matter is BK is a bench goalkeeper at best in quality, as seen from years of us all watching him in person. And on the outlook, Duncan is not seemingly any better quality. We've amassed what seems to be our most competent, competitive side for the best part of the last 8 years but the glaringly obvious issue is that we don't have a starting quality keeper. Ignoring the issue won't make it any less obvious. And I for one, and I am sure many others, are using this venting of frustrations as an emotional escape for what was our biggest loss of the offseason in Biraz leaving.

Like Grim said - Great Wall Tour, talking about things on Le Tour.
    Come on, you know it's not about the tour. Guaranteed this debate will continue after the Edgeworth game, the City game, the Wanderers game, and after every single game this season. Which means it will infiltrate every ****ing thread on this board. We had the best keeper in the league last season, and the debate still didn't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Guaranteed this debate will continue after the Edgeworth game, the City game, the Wanderers game, and after every single game this season. Which means it will infiltrate every ****ing thread on this board.
    Sounds like we have quite the issue on our hands..
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Come on, you know it's not about the tour. Guaranteed this debate will continue after the Edgeworth game, the City game, the Wanderers game, and after every single game this season. Which means it will infiltrate every ****ing thread on this board. We had the best keeper in the league last season, and the debate still didn't stop.
    Exactly, we had the best keeper in the league last year yet we still had a handful of BK disciples bagging Birraz and arguing for BK's inclusion. It is that utter undeserved support for BK which riles others up, a hell of a lot of general fans (not on the forum) of the club think BK is useless (everyone I have spoken to anyway). There are people on here who just don't like the opinion of others if it differs from their own (small minority) view.

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Exactly, we had the best keeper in the league last year yet we still had a handful of BK disciples bagging Birraz and arguing for BK's inclusion. It is that utter undeserved support for BK which riles others up, a hell of a lot of general fans (not on the forum) of the club think BK is useless (everyone I have spoken to anyway). There are people on here who just don't like the opinion of others if it differs from their own (small minority) view.
    Wholeheartedly agree with Camel & halo - regardless of what happens, the BK fanbois still won't let it rest.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    So you can't judge the goal from the footage? FMD

I've been a keeper for 30 years, more than qualified to offer an opinion... don't need some keyboard warrior to stifle legitimate discussion
    So for your 30 years of experience.....you can come up with 10 words. I would call you a keyboard warrior but I guess that would require the use of the keyboard.

Can't remember much discussion about JD at all.
    Because for half wits like yourself who do not actually follow the game, it's not about JD. It's just about *insert competing keeper to BK here*.

So for your 30 years of experience.....you can come up with 10 words. I would call you a keyboard warrior but I guess that would require the use of the keyboard.
    Why use 100 words when 10 will suffice?

Because for half wits like yourself who do not actually follow the game, it's not about JD. It's just about *insert competing keeper to BK here*.
    WTF?

Do not actually follow the game? Pull your head in.

The suggestion on here is that JD should be considered to start ahead of BK. I think that is ridiculous. BK is no world beater, but he's a solid keeper well deserving of the no. 1 spot at the start of the season.

WTF?

The suggestion on here is that JD should be considered to start ahead of BK. I think that is ridiculous. BK is no world beater, but he's a solid keeper well deserving of the no. 1 spot at the start of the season.
    I think the suggestion is more that BK should not be anywhere near the starting 11, but unfortunately the club signed a young keeper who is only at about the same level and we are concerned as **** about it.

WTF?

So that really went over your head yeah..........

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I'm no BK fanboi - I've consintely stated Birraz is the better keeper.
    Just wanting fair and reasonable critique of any keeper - my unfair and unreasonable critique of Birraz (and then instantly blaming JD) was aonly to demonstrte how the critique of BK has been so bias based on his poor form period from when before my eldest child was born.

We'll miss Birraz, I'd love to see him replaced with a undoubted staring quality keeper.
    Totally agree. But its clear you won't get any reasonable constructive thought here.....or just thought actually. At the point now where goal scored = keeper is shit. Don't even have to see it any longer.

I preferred the midfield debate last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I preferred the midfield debate last year.
    Bring back Watson