Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Round 2 Predictions

Swansea 3-2 Azzurri
    A tight win for Azzurri with many players out last round. Swansea achieved the same result and played some great stuff. Swansea will be too strong for Azzurri on the day though.

Suns 3-0 Cooks Hill
    Suns have been hugely underwhelming considering the cost of their squad and the calibre of the big name players they carry. This could be the week that they stop disappointing and actually win by the margins we expect.

Cardiff 2-0 Mayfield
    Not much to say here. Cardiff are just a slightly better Mayfield.

Dudley 4-0 Kotara
    I was one goal off with my previous prediction so this time I won't undersell my own club. We will comfortably dispatch Kotara. We are too strong all over the pitch and the intensity even at training across all three grades is incredible. Big year ahead.

Beresfield 1-1 Warners Bay
    Tough game from the two worst teams in the competition. Warners Bay have some pace up top which will cause Beresfield's defence some headaches

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    Round 2 Predictions

Swansea 3-2 Azzurri
    A tight win for Azzurri with many players out last round. Swansea achieved the same result and played some great stuff. Swansea will be too strong for Azzurri on the day though.

Suns 3-0 Cooks Hill
    Suns have been hugely underwhelming considering the cost of their squad and the calibre of the big name players they carry. This could be the week that they stop disappointing and actually win by the margins we expect.

Cardiff 2-0 Mayfield
    Not much to say here. Cardiff are just a slightly better Mayfield.

Dudley 4-0 Kotara
    I was one goal off with my previous prediction so this time I won't undersell my own club. We will comfortably dispatch Kotara. We are too strong all over the pitch and the intensity even at training across all three grades is incredible. Big year ahead.

Beresfield 1-1 Warners Bay
    Tough game from the two worst teams in the competition. Warners Bay have some pace up top which will cause Beresfield's defence some headaches
    It's $un$, please get it right mate. Stop pretending money isn't growing on trees in Carrington.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Some tough draws in FFA Cup for the ZPL boys still standing..
    Magic v Kotara
    Weston v Mayfield
    Suns v Adamstown
    West Wallsend v Dudley

I’d say Dudley will give West Wallsend a red hot crack. A pretty tough task for the remaining teams. But anything can happen - magic of the cup!

Suns v Adamstown is confirmed Tuesday 4 May, Connolly Park at 7pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Some tough draws in FFA Cup for the ZPL boys still standing..
    Magic v Kotara
    Weston v Mayfield
    Suns v Adamstown
    West Wallsend v Dudley

I’d say Dudley will give West Wallsend a red hot crack. A pretty tough task for the remaining teams. But anything can happen - magic of the cup!

Suns v Adamstown is confirmed Tuesday 4 May, Connolly Park at 7pm.
    Agree Dudley are right in the mix against Westie

I also like the Suns chance against Adamstown at Connolly park. Lot of NPL experience in their side and Adamstown won’t be used to playing on a ground like Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Agree Dudley are right in the mix against Westie

I also like the Suns chance against Adamstown at Connolly park. Lot of NPL experience in their side and Adamstown won’t be used to playing on a ground like Connolly
    Connolly hasn’t looked better than this I don’t think in the whole time we have been here! Haha. Will be a tough game against and young quality Adamstown side. Hopefully we give it a red hot crack.

Round 2 Stats and Predictions

Swansea vs. Azzuri
    - Both teams won their opening round fixtures 2-1.
    - Swansea beat Azzuri 3-2 in both fixtures of last year’s season.
    - Swansea have not lost a home match in 14 games. Going back to round 5 of the 2019 season (4-0 loss to Mayfield).
    Draw 1-1

Suns vs. Cooks Hill
    - Cooks Hill did not keep a single clean sheet in last year’s COVID season. Last week’s 0-0 draw was their first in Z.P.L.
    - Like Cooks Hill, Suns did not keep a single clean sheet during last year’s COVID season.
    - Suns only lost 1 of their 7 home games last season.
    Suns 3-0

Cardiff vs. Mayfield
    - Cardiff beat Mayfield on both occasions during last year’s season.
    - The last 10 games between these two have resulted in Mayfield 7 wins, Cardiff 2 wins and 1 draw.
    Cardiff 2-1

Dudley vs. Kotara
    - Last time these teams met was in round 18 of the 2019 season. Needing a 5 goal swing, Kotara lost by only 2-0, handing Mayfield the minor premiership on goal difference.
    - Dudley have not lost a normal league match at home since round 16 of the 2018 season (3-1 loss to Mayfield). 10 games ago.
    Dudley 3-0

Bero vs. W. Bay
    - Both teams lost their opening round matches 2-1.
    - Since W. Bay’s promotion in 2017 these two teams have faced each other 6 times. W. Bay with 2 wins, Bero with 3 wins and 1 draw.
    - These 6 games have produced a whopping 39 goals. 6.5 goals per game.
    W. Bay 2-0

ZPL Tipping

1 point for each correct result guess and a bonus point for a correct score.

After Round 1.

1st - The Hacker = 6
    2nd - Jim. = 5
    2nd - Bleachers. = 5
    3rd - Haircut. = 4
    3rd - Hornigold. = 4
    3rd - gtg. = 4
    3rd - TheBigCheese = 4
    3rd - Cognitio. = 4
    Last edited by Cognitio; 22-04-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Round 2 Predictions

Swansea 1- 2 Azzurri
    After missing a few players last week I think the blues will put in a stronger performance this week. Wouldn’t be surprised if Swansea wins cause I don’t think Azzurri defense is their strongest area

Suns 4-1 Cooks Hill
    The Suns at Connolly are always tough. They have to much class and Cooks Hill shouldn’t challenge them to much

Cardiff 2-0 Mayfield
    Cardiff need to bounce back if they are serious this season. Dudley cut them to shreds in the second half. Mayfield might struggle to score goals this season

Dudley 2-0 Kotara
    Did day at Dudley this Saturday. Both teams missed last year and have had good cup runs. Same as the Suns, Dudley should have to much class and experience

Beresfield 2-1 Warners Bay
    Both teams probably performed better than we all expected. Always a tough game at Pasedena. That will give Bero the slightest edge

No predictions, just tips.

Swansea 2-2 Azzurri
    Suns 3-1 Cooks
    Cardiff 2-0 Mayf
    Bero 3-2 WB
    Dudley 3-1 Kotara

Swansea 3-2 Azzurri
    Suns 4-0 Cookers
    Cardiff 2-1 Mayfield
    Bero 2-1 Warners Bay
    Dudley 5-0 Kotara

Swansea 2-1 Azzurri
    Suns 3-1 Cookers
    Cardiff 1-2 Mayfield
    Bero 2-1 Warners Bay
    Dudley 3-0 Kotara
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Swansea 1 - 2 Azzurri
    I think the boys from Hexham will grind out results this year
    Suns 2 - 1 Cookers
    Suns to finally take all three points from Cooks Hill after coming up short during Covid
    Cardiff 1-0 Mayfield
    The entertainment will come from the sidelines, what's the opposite of Match of the Round?
    Bero 2 - 1 Warners Bay
    Bero were far better than expected and WB will have to adjust to Pasadena
    Dudley 3 - 0 Kotara
    More dominance at home from Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by Cognitio View Post
    Round 2 Stats and Predictions

ZPL Tipping

1 point for each correct result guess and a bonus point for a correct score.

After Round 1.

1st - The Hacker = 6
    2nd - Jim. = 5
    2nd - Bleachers. = 5
    3rd - Haircut. = 4
    3rd - Hornigold. = 4
    3rd - gtg. = 4
    3rd - TheBigCheese = 4
    3rd - Cognitio. = 4
    Love your work Cognito!

Swansea vs. Hexham Azzuri
    Azzurri to outclass the Swans in the middle of the park but will leak a goal or two.
    Hornets 4-2

Suns vs. Cooks Hill
    $un$ need to play to be paid $$$. TheyÂ’ll show up this week and put on a clinic.
    $un$ 5-0

Cardiff vs. Mayfield
    Tigers to prove they have some bite. The Tigers will show that they are the legitimate tigers and the others are just pussy cats. In saying that, the other Tigers are too old and will be kicked out of the jungle.
    Tigers 3-1

Dudley vs. Kotara
    Huge day for the CharlieÂ’s Run 4 Kids Charity and the game I will go watch! The whole town, flog included, will be out cheering on the Thistles. The Tigers will show up but thatÂ’s about it. Sure to be a great day to raise funds for the great charity!
    Thistles 3-1

Bero vs. W. Bay
    Relegation battle to be decided Round 2? Going with the Panthers because they suck less than Bero.
    Panthers 2-1

Good luck fellow punters!

1st Grade results

Swansea 1-4 Azzurri
    Cardiff 0-3 Mayf
    Suns 3-2 Cookers
    Dudley 2-0 Kotara
    Bero 1-4 WB

I think. Could be wrong.

I can't remember the lower grades. Someone else post.

Ventured down to Evans park for the cat fight. Personal opinion but Cardiff's ground is smaller and shitter than bero's, honestly didn't think it was possible.

Cardiff just going to have to enjoy the "covid cup", confident they're not winning it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    1st Grade results

Swansea 1-4 Azzurri
    Cardiff 0-3 Mayf
    Suns 3-2 Cookers
    Dudley 2-0 Kotara
    Bero 1-4 WB

I think. Could be wrong.

I can't remember the lower grades. Someone else post.
    Any other results? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mefa1984 View Post
    Dudley won both lower grades
    Reggies 1-0
    Thirds 3-1

Great day yesterday at Dudley for the Charlie’s Run 4 Kids Cup. Well done to Dudley and Kotara! The vibe was good and the quality of football surpassed my expectations. A bomb of a free kick won the game late for Dudley in ressies. In firsts, despite being written off by all on here including myself, the Tigers took it to the Thistles and were unlucky not to take the lead into halftime. A penalty in the second half put the Thistles in the lead and an outstanding header from a corner put the game to bed. Dudley proved why they are the favourites and Kotara proved that they can match it with the big boys. It’s going to take a quality team to beat Dudley at home. for All in all, a great day for a great cause!

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_of_a_Grub View Post
    Ventured down to Evans park for the cat fight. Personal opinion but Cardiff's ground is smaller and shitter than bero's, honestly didn't think it was possible.

Cardiff just going to have to enjoy the "covid cup", confident they're not winning it this year.
    You’re Taking the piss if u think bero’s ground is better than Cardiff. Beros ground is on a 45 /

Quote Originally Posted by mefa1984 View Post
    Swansea v Azzurri
    3rds 2-6
    Res 2-1
    1sts 1-4

Cardiff v Mayf
    3rds 1-0
    Res 2-1
    1sts 0-3

Bero v WB
    3rds 0-3
    Res 1-2
    1sts 1-4

Suns v CH
    3rds 1-2
    Res 1-1
    1sts 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_of_a_Grub View Post

You cannot be serious SOAG, it is a great set up