Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    I'm being swayed here.

worst thing about yesterday was when miller said this

okay it was fine to compare to last year when we were top off the table for 18 hours, but when your results are comparable to last year now that makes no sense. Yes I probably agree with a shitter squad we are performing better but that mentality stinks saying that.
    What got my goat the most yesterday was that after going 1 nil down, we take off a striker and left 3 defensive midfielders on the pitch. FFS the game was gone, have a ****ing go, either replace Watson with Cooper or play 4-4-2 and try something different. I can accept the way we set up at the start of games playing defensively as our squad is mostly shithouse but to not have a go after falling behind is ****ing mental in my opinion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I'm not in the "Out" camp yet but like every other fan I'm not happy. The thing that is holding me back is that Miller hasn't had the same opportunity with the squad as Stubbins had the year before.

Stubbins had far more of the cap space to use than Miller had at the beginning of the year. We haven't given him an opportunity to build the squad he wants. And we've had 4 coaches in the last 2.5 seasons and where has it got us? If we just bounce from coach to coach how can we build a squad?

What has me peeved is that we are trying the same thing an expecting different results. Alivodic, Trifunovic, Watson are all out of form. Our tactics are off but that's been debated to death. However, I will add, why are we putting in crosses to the likes of Crowley and Pavicevic? They're young and not fully developed physically so they'll get bullied against a big defender like Delipierre.

The club has lost, or is losing, all of the goodwill it built up in the off season and I blame the FFA. We are now 9 A-League matches without a win which is one away from equaling our worst periods from last year and two away from equaling our worst ever record.

Something is going to have to give soon.
    So what exactly is it about him that convinces you that given the time he can get it right??

So far he has been here 7 months and had the worlds longest pre season to start culling our squad and getting our tactics and play right.

Yes we have seen some improvement defensively not hard I know but our attack is now much worse than under Muppet GVE and co

His tactics are repetitive and don't change even when failing
    His selections of players and treatment of certain players is just wrong.

His signings have been poor.
    Milos and Leonardo have been flops

Watson Hoffman Poljak are contributing but contributing very little.

What exactly is he bringing to the table other than words??

We could have one of us coaching the side to park the bus and play 10 behind the ball and achieve similar results. It ain't ****ing hard to set a team up with 10 behind the ball making it hard for the opponent to score and in attack offer little threat and constantly cough up the ball when you have it like we do.

Any idiot who has seen 10 games of football in their lifetime can achieve this with no coaching qualifications

Exactly what the **** is he offering us because I ain't seeing it??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So what exactly is it about him that convinces you that given the time he can get it right??

So far he has been here 7 months and had the worlds longest pre season to start culling our squad and getting our tactics and play right.

Yes we have seen some improvement defensively not hard I know but our attack is now much worse than under Muppet GVE and co

His tactics are repetitive and don't change even when failing
    His selections of players and treatment of certain players is just wrong.

His signings have been poor.
    Milos and Leonardo have been flops

Watson Hoffman Poljak are contributing but contributing very little.

What exactly is he bringing to the table other than words??

We could have one of us coaching the side to park the bus and play 10 behind the ball and achieve similar results. It ain't ****ing hard to set a team up with 10 behind the ball making it hard for the opponent to score and in attack offer little threat and constantly cough up the ball when you have it like we do.

Any idiot who has seen 10 games of football in their lifetime can achieve this with no coaching qualifications

Exactly what the **** is he offering us because I ain't seeing it??
    As I said, Stubbins had more of a chance to re-sign or bring in players. Stubbins signed/re-signed or introduced, by my count, 22 players. Miller has signed 7. There's not been the opportunity for him to shape the squad and had a bit of cash simply to fill the team out.

That's it. That's my reason. He hasn't had the cash to go for a decent player and he is tied with the situation left by previous administrations and owners who aren't spending above the minimum cap.

I'm not agreeing with all of his decisions and I've been vocal on the podcast about the players who deserve to be dropped (Trifunovic, Alivodic and Watson). But Miller is playing his experienced players. Those players are primarily injured, slow and defensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

As I said, Stubbins had more of a chance to re-sign or bring in players. Stubbins signed/re-signed or introduced, by my count, 22 players. Miller has signed 7. There's not been the opportunity for him to shape the squad and had a bit of cash simply to fill the team out.

That's it. That's my reason. He hasn't had the cash to go for a decent player and he is tied with the situation left by previous administrations and owners who aren't spending above the minimum cap.

I'm not agreeing with all of his decisions and I've been vocal on the podcast about the players who deserve to be dropped (Trifunovic, Alivodic and Watson). But Miller is playing his experienced players. Those players are primarily injured, slow and defensive.
    It still doesn't excuse him for the treatment of Cooper. I mean there is no way Kitto is as good as Cooper and yet Kitto is getting a start and Cooper is left sitting in Limbo.

Hence, if it was about experience Kitto would not be getting a start. I think Millers as much of a headcase as the previous few gaffers we have had.

Can't believe I didn't pick it up earlier. Wishful thinking I guess.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 04-01-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Ok I had a pretty good look at the game yesterday.

They don't have any composure.
    They very rarely take a touch and look up - the amount of first time flicks to no one was embarrassing.
    For a team that is set up defensively (a really hard thing to do apparently) with 6 people dedicated to stopping goals (coz God help they ever help score them) how the **** was the Victory #10 (Khalfallah) always open, all ****ing day?

Bloke is not quick and technically playing out of position yet not ONE of our SIX dedicated defenders pressured him at all all day.
    That is either a failure of coaching or application of tactics.

If it was the player who wasn't following instructions then you do something about it.

Neither of these things happened and lo and behold guess who scored the goal.

That was an embarrassing display yesterday. Piss weak

It has been proven that this bloke cannot coach this group of players. If the club aren't committed to clearing EVERYONE out at seasons end, then they should find a coach who can bring the best out in the 'cattle' we have.

Cape up for your boy all you want but he is showing nothing to say better players will mean an instant turnaround.

Just another sad sad day for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It still doesn't excuse him for the treatment of Cooper. I mean there is no way Kitto is as good as Cooper and yet Kitto is getting a start and Cooper is left sitting in Limbo.

Hence, if it was about experience Kitto would not be getting a start. I think Millers as much of a headcase as the previous few gaffers we have had.

I completely agree on Cooper - see my post in the Mitch Cooper thread. It's a general statement I made about Miller picking experience as a reason to try understand his reluctance to play Cooper. He had two opportunities to play Cooper and he hasn't, which I think has been the wrong decision.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I think Millers as much of a headcase as the previous few gaffers we have had.
    Yeah some of these coaches need to put down the Sir Alex biography and deal with things a bit more on their level.

The highlight on Millers resume is U21's coach at Fullham. But when you consider the EPL clubs buy talent rather than develop it you can only conclude it's a token role at best.
    He can learn his trade somewhere else thanks Ange.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 04-01-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Banned

So the given our blokes are shit etc

Miller can sack them all and the FFA comes to the party and gives him the full works as per spending power what exactly are you seeing that shows he could sign adequate levels of personnel??

His current levels of signing are bizarre and failures
    Leonardo and Milos are obviously on some of the better money he had to spend.

We ain't getting value here. We ain't seeing either play at their alleged potential and this despite a protracted search for these two.

Reality is he has got it wrong wrong wrong with these two and has consigned our season to not being able to achieve anything good with our limited squad.

His other signings are all meh meh meh

Poljak
    Hoffman
    Labi
    Watson

Have all contributed very little
    VERY LITTLE

The only one who has shown any potential is Jackson and even then he wasn't played yesterday despite us persisting with a bloke so uncomfortable at Left back it wasn't funny.
    Even him the jury is out whether he will make it or not anyways

HE ain't even getting the best out of the players at his disposal

Alivodic LeakyG were all playing better under Muppet than they have under him

The only bloke who has had an inspired season is our keeper as he is in the firing line everyweek

Banned

Not forgetting the treatment of Lundy

Kills it in Yoof and then don't get a run in HAL.

Then gets hooked from Yoof to be available for HAL and then don't play either.

FMD

What a way to treat a kid

Victory scored on the counter from a corner for us. So we have a corner we send entire backline up, leave Crowley at the back with Poljak 20 meters in front of him!!!!.... Seems odd to me... I know Mullen, Boogaard and Hoffman can head the ball (if they could beat Delpierre), but FFS why send all of them up there and leave us exposed at the back with a young forward????.... #MillerOut
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Miller can sack them all and the FFA comes to the party and gives him the full works as per spending power what exactly are you seeing that shows he could sign adequate levels of personnel??

We ain't getting value here. We ain't seeing either play at their alleged potential and this despite a protracted search for these two.

Reality is he has got it wrong wrong wrong with these two and has consigned our season to not being able to achieve anything good with our limited squad.

Poljak
    Hoffman
    Labi
    Watson

VERY LITTLE

The only one who has shown any potential is Jackson and even then he wasn't played yesterday despite us persisting with a bloke so uncomfortable at Left back it wasn't funny.

The only bloke who has had an inspired season is our keeper as he is in the firing line everyweek
    on the aussie boys and poljak. look at the time he had to pick them up he came in june/july and mostly all the good australian players were already picked up i.e. Nichols, mcclaren, vidosic. not that we would have got them anyway. we got the leftovers.

I agree the foreigners have not worked but ****ing hell besides song and rodgriguez they've all failed.

I'm with jeterpool the bloke hasn't been given the crop that previous managers have

all though I do agree he might not be utilising them in there best way.

I agree things are shithouse but and we really need to restart again.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Actually I thought Hoffmans performance yesterday was a good snapshot of our coach.

Hoffman had the better physically of Archie Thompson all day. Yet Hoffman very rarely ever tried to turn Thompson around, instead sitting back in his defensive 3rd and letting old, slow, just back from knee surgery Archie Thompson avoid doing any defending.
    There was one great attacking raid in the 2nd half where Alidovic and Hoffman combined on an overlap (with no one able to keep up with Hoffman) but how many others?

It's like Miller set up his team not thinking Archie would play, but when he found out he was playing just shrugged his shoulders and went 'oh well, we've got our structure'.

As I said before I find this thought process cowardly, but hey we got the result we were aiming for right?

Poljak
    Hoffman
    Labi
    Watson

VERY LITTLE

I understand your points member and respect your opinion. I'm simply not at the point of calling for his head at the moment because I think he hasn't had a decent run at building his own squad.

I'm agreeing he has made some poor decisions. I'd have made different choices if I were in the hot seat. I'm not enjoying our tactics either and the reluctance to change anything is wearing thin.

I'm not convinced that replacing him and creating even more uncertainty is the right answer.

Anyway, the FFA won't spend any money on players so why would they remove him and have the additional cost of a new coach?

I agree things are shithouse but and we really need to restart again.
    We have been restarting again for the last 7 years. Rather than becoming a solution at this club - needing to "restart" has become the excuse of choice for people failing to get results.

all though I do agree he might not be utilising them in there best way.
    See this is the bit that cracks me up about you guys.
    You all say this, and it seems a very sensible assessment.

But you do realise that it's his job to utilise them properly.
    Him not utilising them properly is a failure on his part.

He is not doing the job he's here to do yet you all seem to want to keep him around longer to continue to not do the job he's here to do.

Baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    See this is the bit that cracks me up about you guys.
    You all say this, and it seems a very sensible assessment.

But you do realise that it's his job to utilise them properly.
    Him not utilising them properly is a failure on his part.

He is not doing the job he's here to do yet you all seem to want to keep him around longer to continue to not do the job he's here to do.

Baffling.
    Maybe Miller thinks he is utilising them properly, though. In turn, that can also be a failing, I acknowledge.

Not forgetting the treatment of Lundy

Kills it in Yoof and then don't get a run in HAL.

Then gets hooked from Yoof to be available for HAL and then don't play either.

FMD

What a way to treat a kid
    I watched Fox sports news today over breakfast and almost spat my coffee out as Miller was again spinning his bullshit.

He said something along the lines of "I believe in the players here" (well that's a lie) and how no other A-League club provides such opportunities for young players - look at the NYL players on the bench etc etc.

What a load of absolute garbage. Lundy, Cooper and youth captain Pawiak have been the 3 best performers in the NYL this season. And all three have been frozen out. Something funny's going on here. Makes me sick how these mind games are played with these kids.

Edit: Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonty View Post
    I watched Fox sports news today over breakfast and almost spat my coffee out as Miller was again spinning his bullshit.

He said something along the lines of "I believe in the players here" (well that's a lie) and how no other A-League club provides such opportunities for young players - look at the NYL players on the bench etc etc.

What a load of absolute garbage. Lundy, Cooper and youth captain Pawiak have been the 3 best performers in the NYL this season. And all three have been frozen out. Something funny's going on here. Makes me sick how these mind games are played with these kids.
    to be fair though, this isn't just a scotty miller thing, ruining young players is an institutional policy down at the jerks