Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Best Coffee In Novocastria Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    If you are ever in New Lambton Corner Lane is the way to go, do yourself a favour and get yourself a cold brew.
    big ticks for corner lane - absolute ripper

gee whiz on newy prices though, an absolute rort - you'd never get away with the outrageous graft you see in newcastle in sydney. i am flabbergasted at some of the gouging going on

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post

gee whiz on newy prices though, an absolute rort - you'd never get away with the outrageous graft you see in newcastle in sydney. i am flabbergasted at some of the gouging going on
    How much is a macchiato going to set me back?

Euro at New Lambton does a pretty good coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    How much is a macchiato going to set me back?
    if you're paying any more than $3 for a macchiato you are getting ripped imo

that being said, australia gouges you for everything.

the italians have the right idea. if yer standing up, espressos, macchiatos etc shouldn't cost more than $1.50, $2 at a push

#1 Coffee would be the ones they serve at the Edgeworth games not because it tastes great but because they have the ticker to take a dump into a blender, liquefy it, heat it up, then sell it to unsuspecting customers as coffee. 5/5.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post

something something cost of housing something something
    OK

And too many bad memories up there. **** Maitland.
    I love you like a brother but I'll throw hands for disrespect like this.

Not Maitland's fault. Just don't really fancy heading back up that way unless I install a DG course at Stockade Hill or the WWW.

Anyone tried the "killer coffee" branded beans?

No.

You should all try BOLT roasters. Amazing.

Sprocket Roasters. Support the guys that supported NewyHelps
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Righto these are your best options in no particular order:

Welsh Black
    Core Espresso*
    Dark Horse
    One Penny Black
    Glee
    Good Brothers
    Ground Floor but I'm not a huge fan of the grounds coffee.
    Fortunate Son
    Apocathery Cafe.
    Barcito *

If you are ever in New Lambton Corner Lane is the way to go, do yourself a favour and get yourself a cold brew.

*I can be found working the machine on a very rare occasion.
    Pretty good list.

My usual haunts for a quick coffee are The Locale and The Hood. Used to be huge into Corner Lane but found my last few to be a bit hit and miss.

Also, Swell on Llewelyn St is pretty solid. And Bolton Street Pantry.

If only they knew how to make coffee in western Sydney. Can't find anything better than a 7/10 around here, other than a few places in Parra.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I'm probably the inverse of a coffee snob - I drink anything and mostly enjoy it. The only coffee I don't like the taste of is Nescafe Blend 40 whatever, and that's because I've been drinking it every day at work for 8 years now

But I just don't understand coffee snobs, hey. Was with a small crew 2 weekends ago in Charlestown and we were heading into the square. One of the crew announces that there's a coffee shop that is not only the best in the square, but the best in town. We walked all the way to the old section, up the top, and ended up at some place I've already forgot the name of (from memory there was a tree in the logo, or on the shop, or something?). Anyway, the coffee was fine but nothing to rave home about. The guy who made us go there was basically staring at us with every sip, continually asking "how good is this". I've had way, way better from McCafe - McCafe are hit & miss but honestly, some of the coffees I've gotten from there have been sensational.

I struggle to find the motivation to care about particular coffee shops, and every single time I've been recommended from someone to go to a particular place the result is nowhere near the hype.
    OK

Righto these are your best options in no particular order:

Welsh Black
    Core Espresso*
    Dark Horse
    One Penny Black
    Glee
    Good Brothers
    Ground Floor but I'm not a huge fan of the grounds coffee.
    Fortunate Son
    Apocathery Cafe.
    Barcito *

*I can be found working the machine on a very rare occasion.
    Apothecary Cafe is now my local for work. Either that or Gloria Jeans...

Drift at Merewether and the Cactus at East Maitland
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I'm probably the inverse of a coffee snob - I drink anything and mostly enjoy it. The only coffee I don't like the taste of is Nescafe Blend 40 whatever, and that's because I've been drinking it every day at work for 8 years now

But I just don't understand coffee snobs, hey. Was with a small crew 2 weekends ago in Charlestown and we were heading into the square. One of the crew announces that there's a coffee shop that is not only the best in the square, but the best in town. We walked all the way to the old section, up the top, and ended up at some place I've already forgot the name of (from memory there was a tree in the logo, or on the shop, or something?). Anyway, the coffee was fine but nothing to rave home about. The guy who made us go there was basically staring at us with every sip, continually asking "how good is this". I've had way, way better from McCafe - McCafe are hit & miss but honestly, some of the coffees I've gotten from there have been sensational.

I struggle to find the motivation to care about particular coffee shops, and every single time I've been recommended from someone to go to a particular place the result is nowhere near the hype.
    Totally agree - same crowd who rave about all the different craft beers. TBH I try many coffees in Newy and Sydney - you only remember the crap ones and avoid those places.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

The temperature is off at McDonald's. Can't make a good coffee for shit.

I'm a semi snob. There's some shit places out there.

The temperature is off at McDonald's. Can't make a good coffee for shit.

I'm a semi snob. There's some shit places out there.
    If you mix cockroach piss and shit in with instant coffee it should taste similar to what you get from a commercial coffee machine.
    The only difference is that the instant coffee will save you money.

No amount of cleaning no matter how fastidious can make any commercial coffee machine even remotely hygienic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Totally agree - same crowd who rave about all the different craft beers. TBH I try many coffees in Newy and Sydney - you only remember the crap ones and avoid those places.
    No clue when it comes to coffee, I don't drink much and pretty much only instant when I do.

I'm not a craft beer afficionado or anything close - but I think if anyone can't tell the difference between say a VB/New/etc and a pale ale you're kidding yourself. There are definitely beers I much prefer to others when given the choice.