Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2021 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Any1 wanna help start up NewyFootball forum merch with me? I starting with “Jim’s dickhead hat”. $30 a cap!!!

MEGA LOL
    Tshirts - Yew growls his mum. gobs his dad on the back

rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Considering we had 2 NL1 teams win and a third nearly win it certainly shows that there should be promotion/relegation amongst youth
    Would you promote all grades as a club say 13s to 16s all play in 1st or 2nd division? Or let each grade be promoted separately so some in 1st and some in 2nd?

Promotion isnt great when you have one or 2 teams near the top and others at the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Would you promote all grades as a club say 13s to 16s all play in 1st or 2nd division? Or let each grade be promoted separately so some in 1st and some in 2nd?

Promotion isnt great when you have one or 2 teams near the top and others at the bottom
    Promote on a club championship of 14s-16s. 13s don’t need to be put under pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Considering we had 2 NL1 teams win and a third nearly win it certainly shows that there should be promotion/relegation amongst youth

I don’t think it’s a good template for selling promotion due to the format. It’s possible that some NPL teams didn’t take it seriously and lost because of it (I didn’t watch those matches as they were at the back). They are also not playing the top 6 teams either. So promotion doesn’t mean they’d be competing in the division. Just replacing what already exists. Which is more of the same. I did note a lot of complaining from the other team due to some of the physicality of the game - which it appears might not be something they are used to, and if they felt poorly treated playing city, they would get absolutely decimated playing an Olympic or edgeworth team for example as there’s more physical teams out in NPL land. Again only the game I saw.

It was fun to watch, but would make a great gala weekend or something similar to the women’s state in a smaller faster format. 7v7 for the older age groups might fit better on the field size though.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I don’t think it’s a good template for selling promotion due to the format. It’s possible that some NPL teams didn’t take it seriously and lost because of it (I didn’t watch those matches as they were at the back). They are also not playing the top 6 teams either. So promotion doesn’t mean they’d be competing in the division. Just replacing what already exists. Which is more of the same. I did note a lot of complaining from the other team due to some of the physicality of the game - which it appears might not be something they are used to, and if they felt poorly treated playing city, they would get absolutely decimated playing an Olympic or edgeworth team for example as there’s more physical teams out in NPL land. Again only the game I saw.

It was fun to watch, but would make a great gala weekend or something similar to the women’s state in a smaller faster format. 7v7 for the older age groups might fit better on the field size though.
    It would help to lift the standards if clubs knew their youth clubs would be going back or going up, which is only a good thing. The comments regarding City was the only NPL team to win in normal time against an NL1 team and they played Kahibah, who isn't a top 4 NL1 team and has been put into the group because two teams above them didn't enter, so unfair to compare a bottom half team against a bottom half team. But more games on tomorrow night will be interesting to see the results.

What’s people’s thoughts on clubs reaching out to players already this year for NPL 13s next year ?

Hearing Magic and Jaffas are both very active, as I’m sure others are.

These clubs already have 2 squads in their 12s, is this a sign their sap programs haven’t worked ?

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    What’s people’s thoughts on clubs reaching out to players already this year for NPL 13s next year ?

These clubs already have 2 squads in their 12s, is this a sign their sap programs haven’t worked ?
    Not a matter of SAP/JDL not working,but the top clubs will lose players to the Jets and Mariners.They want to replace them with the best players possible.JDL clubs with 2 squads have 4 strikers vying for 2 spots, 2 goalies fighting for 1 spot etc.Some may just leave if theres a better position available elsewhere.Also,ive heard theres a bit of coaching movement as well and players will naturally follow their favourite coach or just not like the new one taking over.Another of the bigger clubs have already been playing their better 12's kids in 13 NPL and have sent out expressions of interest in order to lock down their preferred kids and are banning them from trialing elsewhere.I dont have a problem with any of the activity going on.Kids want whats best for them,teams want whats best for them.if they can lock in those players now they should as it also gives security to the kids picked and leaves the kids not selected a chance to chase opportunities elsewhere.

From what ive seen of NPL 13 and NL1 13 this year,the majority of kids in the JDL program are more than ready to play at that level.Maybe not in the team they want,but they are 13 year olds and at the end of next year the merry go round starts again.The kids need to find a good team,with a good coach to continue their development.IM hopeful that if they dont get into Magic/Olympic/Jaffas/Maitland etc they can go to the traditionally 'weaker' teams and raise the level there.I just hope the teams that struggle in NPL youth at the moment are just as active in trying to get the best kids available,being either the best kids in their own programs or approaching kids they think will want to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I just hope the teams that struggle in NPL youth at the moment are just as active in trying to get the best kids available,being either the best kids in their own programs or approaching kids they think will want to join them.
    This is the key.
    Top clubs have always been well ahead on recruitment and that success has lead to the club becoming "the" destination. Remember no one has to go if approached, its a choice but the top clubs will get who they want first. I think Edgy, Jaffas have probably joined Olympic and Magic now. A couple of others not far behind

So who wants to play for Adamstown 14s next year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Has always happened. Early bird catches the worm

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Has always happened. Early bird catches the worm
    Of course it’s always happen, clubs haven’t had a program behind them from 9-12s before.

It’s pretty clear given the previous posts on this forum the Jaffas got their first year wrong and it’s followed through, will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

The planned changes for the NPL space next year I think will be the biggest winner for kids of the region that don’t make the top 4-5 teams. Will be a big change but a fantastic one I feel once they fine tune it.
    Last edited by Isthisforreal; 07-07-2021 at 06:54 AM.

From what ive seen of NPL 13 and NL1 13 this year,the majority of kids in the JDL program are more than ready to play at that level.Maybe not in the team they want,but they are 13 year olds and at the end of next year the merry go round starts again.The kids need to find a good team,with a good coach to continue their development.IM hopeful that if they dont get into Magic/Olympic/Jaffas/Maitland etc they can go to the traditionally 'weaker' teams and raise the level there.I just hope the teams that struggle in NPL youth at the moment are just as active in trying to get the best kids available,being either the best kids in their own programs or approaching kids they think will want to join them.
    The proposed new model that was put to clubs will go along way to providing a better outcome for all clubs and will see a much more even competition for the lesser clubs to be competitive in. Will give more kids a sense of enjoyment from their football and hopefully longer term build better clubs

The proposed new model that was put to clubs will go along way to providing a better outcome for all clubs and will see a much more even competition for the lesser clubs to be competitive in. Will give more kids a sense of enjoyment from their football and hopefully longer term build better clubs
    New Youth model?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    New Youth model?
    Yes.

Yes.
    Thanks, I look forward to seeing it.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Forgive me if this has already been discussed on the thread but what is this new Youth Model about?Do you have any specifics about how it will work?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed on the thread but what is this new Youth Model about?Do you have any specifics about how it will work?
    NPL Yth and NL1 Youth will be rearranged into 3 groups. De-coupled from Seniors to stop the impending cricket scores on the horizon with Cook's Hill joining NPL next season.

Decoupling from the senior NPL

Mixing the NPL and NL1 teams and forming a 3 tier competition with 8 teams in each tier with promotion and relegation based on club championship

Decoupling from the senior NPL

Mixing the NPL and NL1 teams and forming a 3 tier competition with 8 teams in each tier with promotion and relegation based on club championship
    Thanks to you both for the responses.I have a son going from JDL 12's into 13's next year and its a pretty confusing merry go round of opinions and advice on which way he should go.The general thought is that there are 6 consistently performing NPL youth clubs and the next step seems to be the top 3 clubs in NL1 before the 'bottom' NPL clubs.Obviously with the first crop of JDL kids coming into 13's it hopefully boosts the overall level across the board but the news of promotion/relegation should hopefully mean kids can just find the environment thats best for them but not be forever stuck at a particular level.It sounds like a pretty good idea so hopefully it gets a chance to play out and the kids get to grow at their own pace.

Thanks to you both for the responses.I have a son going from JDL 12's into 13's next year and its a pretty confusing merry go round of opinions and advice on which way he should go.The general thought is that there are 6 consistently performing NPL youth clubs and the next step seems to be the top 3 clubs in NL1 before the 'bottom' NPL clubs.Obviously with the first crop of JDL kids coming into 13's it hopefully boosts the overall level across the board but the news of promotion/relegation should hopefully mean kids can just find the environment thats best for them but not be forever stuck at a particular level.It sounds like a pretty good idea so hopefully it gets a chance to play out and the kids get to grow at their own pace.
    Be surprised if it happens next year, remember this is Northern will take them 2 years to organise.