Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Bring Tanch back, did reasonable well with the players he had and he knows the club
    lol
    a cardboard cut out would do the same or better,
    if they had massive amounts of $$$$$ to spend on players.

Edgy old boys day this weekend, with a bumper crowd expected.

Just checking results recently, apart from the close game in round 1 with Charlestown, they seem to be getting blown off the park recently?

What is going on there? Has Mr Law struggled in the second season?

Quote Originally Posted by Giroudawakening View Post
    Edgy old boys day this weekend, with a bumper crowd expected.
    Wonder what it will be like this year with all the restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Wonder what it will be like this year with all the restrictions
    MAGIC Vs VALO off in first grade... Phoenix organised a team bonding Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb last weekend and will not be able to fill a squad due to the stay at home orders.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    MAGIC Vs VALO off in first grade... Phoenix organised a team bonding Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb last weekend and will not be able to fill a squad due to the stay at home orders.
    you almost got us.

What's the real reason they are not playing?

Weston and Valo both have 4 first grade players who live on the central coast so northern have allowed them to postpone their games because of Covid. Do you agree with this or not ?
    I think games should be played before we run out of time.
    Clubs all have a 20 man pps roster so both clubs have 16 players available. Promote some reserve grade players and get the games played.
    Other clubs continue to play when they have 2 or 3 players ruled out due to Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Weston and Valo both have 4 first grade players who live on the central coast so northern have allowed them to postpone their games because of Covid. Do you agree with this or not ?
    Clubs all have a 20 man pps roster so both clubs have 16 players available. Promote some reserve grade players and get the games played.
    Other clubs continue to play when they have 2 or 3 players ruled out due to Covid
    I think you will find somewhere in the rules the magic number is 4 out. Clearly both clubs at a disadvantage through no fault of their own so correct decision by NNSWF.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    I think you will find somewhere in the rules the magic number is 4 out. Clearly both clubs at a disadvantage through no fault of their own so correct decision by NNSWF.
    Wrong decision in Valo case, they have nothing to play for, they won't get relegated and they can't make finals, give some fringe players a crack,like I said nothing to lose. I also remember posting a couple of weeks ago that all games should be played ASAP in case COVID comes back. Sunday, Wednesday,Sunday for 2 weeks would get a few games put away, thats what we are going to have to do to catch up COVID called out games anyway !!

Don't Edgie have 4 or 5 players affected bur they seem to be pushing ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    What happens if the lockdown gets extended again ???. At the moment only two clubs Weston (bugger all) and Valentine (no) chance of making finals are creating problems for the others vying for those honours. Also, isn’t this a NNSW football comp. would NSW football do the same if the situations were reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Good on Edgeworth for pushing ahead with games, that’s why they are a respected club.

Every other club is pushing ahead. Edgy Olympic Magic Maitland all have players unavailable due to Covid but are still playing

Magic now have midweek catch up games against Weston and Valo plus Ffa cup in a 4 week period

Magic now have midweek catch up games against Weston and Valo plus Ffa cup in a 4 week period
    The integrity of the comp is threatened, make teams play ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    The integrity of the comp is threatened, make teams play ASAP
    100%, doesn’t look like it’s going to end anytime soon. Every team has a 20 man squad so let the games play.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    100%, doesn’t look like it’s going to end anytime soon. Every team has a 20 man squad so let the games play.
    Couldn’t agree more. If you can’t trust bloke 12-20 in the squad why have them. I tip my hat to Edgy for just getting on with it

Decent day out at edgy for old boys day.

Charlestown offered a fair bit.

Bridgy got some good squad depth. Players coming off the bench that would start elsewhere

Law time up at Charlestown?

With only 4 weeks of the competition left and most clubs already having 6 games to play, plus Magic and Olympic having ffa cup fixtures , surely it's time for northern to show some leadership and tell clubs that first grade matches need to be played.
    This lockdown could be in place until the end of the month or longer, are they going to continue to allow Weston and Valo to postpone matches because they have 3 or 4 players out.
    Postpone the 18's matches and push players up before it becomes too late with a log jam of games.
    Back to you Northern

Quote Originally Posted by GashArmy View Post
    Decent day out at edgy for old boys day.

Charlestown offered a fair bit.

Bridgy got some good squad depth. Players coming off the bench that would start elsewhere

Law time up at Charlestown?
    Charlie unlucky not to get something out of that game. Some poor finishing and the woodwork costing them.

Def had the better chances than Edgy.

2 edgy cbs were immense. Brockie had a poor day in front or goal.

I dont think the coach is Azzuris problem, but results are what matters I guess.

With only 4 weeks of the competition left and most clubs already having 6 games to play, plus Magic and Olympic having ffa cup fixtures , surely it's time for northern to show some leadership and tell clubs that first grade matches need to be played.
    This lockdown could be in place until the end of the month or longer, are they going to continue to allow Weston and Valo to postpone matches because they have 3 or 4 players out.
    Postpone the 18's matches and push players up before it becomes too late with a log jam of games.
    Back to you Northern
    And let’s be real these blokes that are missing won’t be training as much or at an intensity they would need to be to play first grade, so when they do become available are they going straight back into the starting lineup I would think in most cases they are not. Play the games and promote your reserve grade players. This may just be a lesson to clubs to make sure to focus on your lower grades so you can promote from within!!