Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Friendlies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Below average to average (thats much the same as most of the blokes though!)
    He certainly hasnt taken his chance for the national team, he will want to hope he keeps going well for his club otherwise he could fall out of contention.

Must remember other than Jedinak and Timmy those blokes have barely played many games at all at this level.

Yesterday we would have had times when we had 6-7 blokes with less then 5 NT games out there at the same time. I don't know what everyone else is expecting but it is gonna be 2-3 years of hard graft as Ange bloods these blokes so hopefully come the business end of WC Qualifying in 2017 we are there and able to get to Russia and put up a good fist of it.

I don't understand why anyone thinks we will win the Asian Cup because other than being at home and the home ground advantage that brings we have **** all going for us to see this actually eventuate

Luongo was best on park. Can see why Swindon Town boss rejected a whole bunch of offers for him, he is well above L1 level IMO. Can also tell that he has had development in a system far better than the A-League. Kudos to Spurs for giving him that 3-4 years in their set up, I guess.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Luongo was best on park. Can see why Swindon Town boss rejected a whole bunch of offers for him, he is well above L1 level IMO. Can also tell that he has had development in a system far better than the A-League. Kudos to Spurs for giving him that 3-4 years in their set up, I guess.
    Precisely why I can't understand the lack of love for Bailey Wright from these Gypo sympathisers.

Bloke has gone over to the UK as a teenager and done the hard yards thought his way into the Preston side as a kid and so far has 100 odd appearances at League one and Championship level and is one of the first picked in his club each week at what 21 years old. Got to be given more credit than some Gypo tosser who has played for Tinned Tuna for the last few years in the HAL before ****ing off to some no name foreign league to actually get paid.

Exactly what Wright has achieved so far is pretty much where the like of Timmy and Luca$h were at when they were his age.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Precisely why I can't understand the lack of love for Bailey Wright from these Gypo sympathisers.

Bloke has gone over to the UK as a teenager and done the hard yards thought his way into the Preston side as a kid and so far has 100 odd appearances at League one and Championship level and is one of the first picked in his club each week at what 21 years old. Got to be given more credit than some Gypo tosser who has played for Tinned Tuna for the last few years in the HAL before ****ing off to some no name foreign league to actually get paid.

Exactly what Wright has achieved so far is pretty much where the like of Timmy and Luca$h were at when they were his age.
    Hang on a bit.
    Weren't you banging on in another thread recently how Aussie kids shouldn't waste their time in English lower leagues?
    Weren't you saying that they should be looking at Euro comps as better options?
    Sorry if wasn't you (it's hard to keep up with you Member), but I swear sometimes you even argue with yourself when you get a bit bored (and when ForeverRed is not online).
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    The Socceroos will round out preparations for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup with a rematch of the 2011 Final when they face defending Asian Cup Champions Japan in an international friendly in Osaka on 18 November.

The match presents Socceroos head coach Ange Postecoglou and his squad with the ideal opportunity to gauge their progress against one of Asia’s powerhouse nations before the Asian Cup unfolds on Australian shores in January 2015.

“I’m delighted we have been able to secure a match against Japan in November to finalise our preparations for the Asian Cup,” Postecoglou said.

“Our aim is to become the best football nation in Asia and Japan is one of nations we will have to overcome to achieve that goal.

“Over the last 12 months we have tested ourselves against some of the world’s best national teams and this game will allow us to challenge ourselves against a quality side, while also taking on another Asian opponent.

“We have taken steps forward throughout the journey over the last 12 months and this game is a significant step in that process.

“The Asian Cup will be a wonderful football festival in front of our own fans all around Australia and presents everyone involved in Australian football; players, coaches and fans alike, with a unique opportunity as we play for silverware on home soil.”

The match sets up the latest chapter in what is fast becoming one of Australia’s greatest sporting rivalries, following the 2006 FIFA World Cup clash, the 2011 Asian Cup Final and the epic 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers in Saitama and Brisbane, which both ended in 1-1 draws.

In 22 matches stretching back to the 1956 Olympic Games, Japan has won eight matches, the Socceroos claimed seven victories and a further seven have ended in a draw.

MATCH DETAILS

Japan v Australia
    Tuesday 18 November 2014
    Yanmar Stadium Nagai, Osaka
    Kick off time TBC

The match will be broadcast LIVE and exclusive on FOX SPORTS.
    Should be another cracker hopefully

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hang on a bit.
    Weren't you banging on in another thread recently how Aussie kids shouldn't waste their time in English lower leagues?
    Weren't you saying that they should be looking at Euro comps as better options?
    Sorry if wasn't you (it's hard to keep up with you Member), but I swear sometimes you even argue with yourself when you get a bit bored (and when ForeverRed is not online).
    I think i was banging on that Aussie kids should be looking beyond the English Leagues as their ideal destination and looking more to Serie A and La Liga Bundesliga etc

And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.

Australia will play the UAE on 10 October and Qatar on 14 October.
    Australia squad to play UAE and Qatar

Aziz Behich, Mark Bresciano, Josh Brilliante, Tim Cahill, Jason Davidson, Adam Federici, Ivan Franjic, Chris Herd, James Holland, Bernie Ibini, Mile Jedinak, Tomi Juric, Mitch Langerak, Matthew Leckie, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Tommy Oar, Mat Ryan, Trent Sainsbury, Brad Smith, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, James Troisi, Alex Wilkinson.

got a few (ex-) jets in the squad

Banned
    Where's Bailey Wright FFS??

Topor

Also how the **** is Alex Wilkinson still in the squad

Also Ibini ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Australia will play the UAE on 10 October and Qatar on 14 October.
    Australia squad to play UAE and Qatar

Aziz Behich, Mark Bresciano, Josh Brilliante, Tim Cahill, Jason Davidson, Adam Federici, Ivan Franjic, Chris Herd, James Holland, Bernie Ibini, Mile Jedinak, Tomi Juric, Mitch Langerak, Matthew Leckie, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Tommy Oar, Mat Ryan, Trent Sainsbury, Brad Smith, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, James Troisi, Alex Wilkinson.

got a few (ex-) jets in the squad
    Mark Milligan is an ex-jet also.

Surprised to see Bozanic miss out, even with Luongo basically our only good player last game.

Also where is McGowan?

Not sure on NTS. If we're going off HAL CBs, I would have taken Smith, North or Kisnorbo tbh.

MFAW got his mate in there again ops:
    OK

NTS got torn apart by Adelaide City, not fit for international football

Geez Member look at all those Gypos.
    2Fappenings in one week for you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Mark Milligan is an ex-jet also.

Surprised to see Bozanic miss out, even with Luongo basically our only good player last game.

Also where is McGowan?

Not sure on NTS. If we're going off HAL CBs, I would have taken Smith, North or Kisnorbo tbh.

MFAW got his mate in there again ops:
    update bozanic has been injured and missed alot of the season so far over here, i think he is now slowly getting back to fitness....
    Amigos Aarau

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Geez Member look at all those Gypos.
    2Fappenings in one week for you
    Is it any wonder the countries FIFA ranking keeps plummeting whilst we keep picking these ****ing losers'

Ryan
    Wilkinson
    Sainsbury
    Ibini
    Jedinak

All ****ing Born losers

Aziz Behich is a defacto Gypo anyway

Still beats me the luv for shit ****s like Milligan and Troisi.

I can agree Topors form the last few seasons in the HAL has been excellent. Does that warrant a NT call up when the bloke is clearly not NT material??

Still beats me the luv for shit ****s like Milligan and Troisi.
    Milligan has been one of our best national team performers for a couple of years now. Particularly pre-WC, I thought he was better for us than Jedi has been at that level.

Troisi pretty much killed the HAL, he's brilliant.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Milligan has been one of our best national team performers for a couple of years now. Particularly pre-WC, I thought he was better for us than Jedi has been at that level.

Troisi pretty much killed the HAL, he's brilliant.
    Our NT has been shit for a couple of years now WLG.
    We actually went better in Brazil as soon as Milligan went out of the side and McKay played his correct position for once.
    The bloke is not a CM's arsehole.
    Play him in his correct position of Defence where he belongs.

As for Troisi the bloke had half a dozen good games for Victree at the start of last season. After that done **** ALL.Just like he has done the rest of his career. Has he ever had a decent run in the side anywhere he has been bar Victory???

This country has been waiting for this kid to shine for 7-8 years now. We are still ****ing waiting

Agree with the member in regards to Milligan. Disagree about troisi tho.

God, what a yawn-fest. Glad I didn't get up for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    God, what a yawn-fest. Glad I didn't get up for it.
    Gave up on that shit under Pim

Just tape friendlies now and watch them at an hour suitable for me. Competitive games on the other hand I will get up/stay up for but **** getting out of bed at 2am 3am 4am etc to watch a game that most times descends into a farce with the experimental nature of lineups/ mass substitutions etc

Socceroos lost 1-0 to Qatar this morning for those who missed it
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Socceroos lost 1-0 to Qatar this morning for those who missed it
    I blame MFAW for everything that goes wrong with the Socceroos tbh. Particularly when his boy AW keeps getting picked.
    OK