Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

Daily Australian News Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    This all started when the double-eff-aye knifed Con.
    Bloke treated his players like royalty.
    They were like his children.

Suits are getting what they deserve.

**** em all
    Rose coloured glasses...I had some professional dealings in terms of tax and super with Con's entities. He would not pay super sometimes until the threat of court action and even then not until the 12th hour.
    I think it was the main reason Covic bought out his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    When the FFA gives the clubs the money for paying the players anyway you could argue they could control the entire situation for all player payments wages super entitlements etc.

They could cut the middle man out and pay the players themselves

By passing the money into the clubs to do it the problem is one they could avoid

Secondly they gave the fat **** control of the Jets.
    They brought the shitfest upon themselves.Clean up the mess pay the players and stop ****ing around
    That would have to be the weakest argument ever.
    Furns is bang on the money

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    He would not pay super sometimes until the threat of court action and even then not until the 12th hour.
    I think it was the main reason Covic bought out his contract.
    Looks like walking around those Westfield centres has successfully brainwashed you.

The superannuation industry is one of society's modern day cons (pardon the pun). Ask Dunster, he'll word you up.
    Con refusing to pay super was his stand against the 1%ers.

Bloke was fighting the good fight for the worker and no one gave him credit. As soon as the double-eff-aye took Cons licence away the GFC hit.
    Coincidence? You be the judge.

Also, Covic only left because they banned smoking in pubs in Newy. Pretty sure he only went back to Sweden coz you could still have a gasper at the bar.
    Check it out I'm sure it's on his MySpace page.

Looks like walking around those Westfield centres has successfully brainwashed you.

The superannuation industry is one of society's modern day cons (pardon the pun). Ask Dunster, he'll word you up.

Bloke was fighting the good fight for the worker and no one gave him credit. As soon as the double-eff-aye took Cons licence away the GFC hit.

Also, Covic only left because they banned smoking in pubs in Newy. Pretty sure he only went back to Sweden coz you could still have a gasper at the bar.
    Check it out I'm sure it's on his MySpace page.
    One of your best....

Caceres to ManCity..!!!!
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    How many weeks did Matt Simon get ? Oh that's right he plays for Sydney FC.

Five star post. I had a tear in my eye reading this work of art.

yeah plus he threw some yobs off the grandstand top tier

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    How many weeks did Matt Simon get ? Oh that's right he plays for Sydney FC.
    aidsman, what a **** ay

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/...s?ICID=HP_PN_5

EXCLUSIVE | The former Newcastle boss is sick of listening to critics and claims statistics show he had the Jets ready to fire this season before being sacked

Former Newcastle Jets coach Phil Stubbins has lost patience with negative claims about his management and reckons the club has hardly improved in the 2015-16 A-League campaign.

The proclamation by Jets winger David Carney in November - but featured in a piece on Goal Australia last week - that "training was walking pace" under Stubbins has inspired the latter to speak out for the first time since he lost his job at Hunter Stadium.

The 53-year-old coach, who led Newcastle to the wooden spoon last season and the club's lowest ever tally of 17 points, argues perspective has been lost as pundits compare his Jets side to that of Scott Miller.

Miller's Newcastle have not scored in their last five A-League matches, and their nine-game winless run sees them sitting eighth in the table ahead of Saturday's clash with Sydney FC.

Stubbins reckons his last six matches in charge show he could have hit the ground running in 2015-16.

"I left Australia almost immediately after the conclusion of last season's campaign and had agreed with a marquee player during my time spent in Europe, along with spending three days with another player in France, as well as being able to choose one more addition from two further visa players identified on that trip," he told Goal Australia.

"I'm convinced that with these new additions for the following campaign that the team would have improved its effectiveness in a big way."

It's understood the "player in France" was Sydney FC playmaker Milos Ninkovic.

While Stubbins concedes "mistakes were made" during his tenure, he argues the statistics show his young side improved at the end of last season and were performing much better than the current team.

"There were mistakes made in the assembly of the squad [in 2014-15], there's no doubt about that and I hold my hand up in regards to being involved in that," Stubbins said.

"I do think that later on in the season, however - when given the autonomy to bring players in [after management resignations in January] - that I thought we did that [well], with [Nigel] Boogaard, [Daniel] Mullen, Lee Ki-je, [Enver] Alivodic."

Stubbins added: "I recognise that last season was a tumultuous year at the Newcastle Jets and one that as a first year head coach in the A League came with some mistakes on my part but to also offer that it wasn't an easy project.

"It's a tough gig - the Newcastle Jets - and the facts are that the club has struggled for the last five years without any finals football during that period.

There's more in the article but those were the main points.
    Last edited by parksey; 08-01-2016 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Ffs Stubbins, let it go. You will forever go down as the second worst coach we ever had, no one will ever beat Nick Theo. These articles just show you as a whiner.

Also goes to show either Stubbins is completely lying, or Middleby was making most of the signings, which meant he had to go too. Thank Griff he did.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Ffs Stubbins, let it go. You will forever go down as the second worst coach we ever had, no one will ever beat Nick Theo. These articles just show you as a whiner.

Also goes to show either Stubbins is completely lying, or Middleby was making most of the signings, which meant he had to go too. Thank Griff he did.
    The current one may usurp him soon enough

He not showing us much that he is any better

Sorry member, no usurping of Stubbins by Miller until he loses the dressing room and so far that hasn't happened. The players still have faith so maybe we should for a bit longer too

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post

Touchdown Thomy...... throw it down mate

Can't post the article because I'm on my phone but the Herald has a nice piece quoting Dave Carney's agent.

This is starting to get messy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/36...agement/?cs=12

Theres a word I'd use to describe the agent, but it's blocked by the swear filter.

**** me, what an arrogant ****.
    If I was in Miller or JP's shoes, I'd call Carney, and say "if you want another phone call about your 2016/17 position at our club, either sack your agent, or tell him if speaks to one more journo, there'll be no commission for him, because there'll be no contract for you.

**** me player agents are the scum on the bottom of tobacco companies lawyers shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Still though, under my understanding of the Bosman rule, other clubs don't have to talk to the Jets if they want to offer carney a contract when his expires? So of course Eland wouldn't know if other clubs have approached carney.

But yes, **** his agent.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Can't see David carney staying past this season.

The amount the agent is talking suggests that his phone may not be ringing that much at all.

Trying to force the jets into a decision they may not be ready to make.

$230k will get you most of the very good a-league players sniffing around the club.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/36...agement/?cs=12

Theres a word I'd use to describe the agent, but it's blocked by the swear filter.

**** me, what an arrogant ****.
    If I was in Miller or JP's shoes, I'd call Carney, and say "if you want another phone call about your 2016/17 position at our club, either sack your agent, or tell him if speaks to one more journo, there'll be no commission for him, because there'll be no contract for you.

**** me player agents are the scum on the bottom of tobacco companies lawyers shoes.
    Spot on..... These are predictable comments from an agent trying to get a quick contract at an inflated price by flagging interest from other clubs, real or not. The timing of these rumours, just after a MOM performance to play on fan love is so obvious. The Jets are under no obligation to do anything now and are at an advantage as to let him go now means money in the bank.

The Jets are not being fooled and Carney should indeed sack his agent - if we can spot these tactics straight away it shows a lack of cunning in the bloke.