Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Members Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I guess it's chicken and the egg !! And I agree that the crux of the matter is that we need people at the top working smarter.

My point is the pittance that the FFA is putting into the club now will not change the status quo. That doesn't look like changing until an owner is found.

A fulltime CEO doing the rounds would be a great step forward - losing Murphy at that time was a step backward.

This is where the FFA could make a big change. A good CEO would not break the bank and would make immediate changes.
    Thats pretty much my line of thought. We need a decent CEO, but a good one isn't going to come on chump change.

Once we have a good CEO, everything below should fall into place from there.

Having a part time CEO, who is silent for the most part, screams of a club lacking ambition and drive. And if club culture is driven from the top, we are reaping the results right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    How blind are you Member - it is ABOUT THE MONEY!

Lack of money means....

* You hire monkeys because you pay peanuts - we only have the coaching staff we can afford. You can't get the "competent staff" you talk about without paying for it.
    * We do not fill all positions because we prioritise what we can do without - there are unfilled jobs at the Jets and I would love to see the numbers of support staff we have compared to others.
    * Again, we have a PART TIME CEO - how often do you hear of anything from Eland compared to Middleby and Murphy? What is he actually doing to improve the situation?
    * You CANNOT organise the club to be fully functional as you are cutting corners and doing things on the cheap. And only doing them 2-3 days a week.
    * We do not have the top quality performance/medical facilities other clubs have. Ongoing Leo issues are a case in point.
    * We cannot make any use of marquee money, or even get a guest - the salary cap means little now anyway as the big clubs know how to spend their funds in other ways to get the players they want and to get them to perform.
    * Lack of money means we cannot make wholesale changes to the squad now. Gypos are still last and Nix are starting to lose it now their future in clouded.

Not as delusional as thinking a damaged and ageing Griff (legend, yes) will change things overnight now is it?

We need money, end of....the first thing you do with that money is bring in a proper CEO and a quality coaching staff. With that comes credibility and a change in culture. The crap guys will actually perform better and we will actually attract quality. This is just like any other employer.

After the shit we went through last year I thought success this season would be to have the club functioning, not finish last and to get a new owner in. Last years damage will take 2-3 years to repair - I still think that is the case.

And Member - if you have the solutions please enlighten us....properly. Have a look at the club balance sheet, have a look at the contracts and staff in place and feel free to show us your 12 month strategy to turn this club around. Don't whinge and whine unless you have a solution other than sacking Miller and signing Griff.

Where's the tylanol? FMD....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Thats pretty much my line of thought. We need a decent CEO, but a good one isn't going to come on chump change.

Once we have a good CEO, everything below should fall into place from there.

Having a part time CEO, who is silent for the most part, screams of a club lacking ambition and drive. And if club culture is driven from the top, we are reaping the results right now.
    But a CEO's job is to just fire the bullets and implement the decisions of those who make the decisions.

Who's giving them the decisions??

The worlds greatest CEO needs direction.

It ain't necessarily their forte at finding it

EDIT: I did not see the members post until after I sent this - I may need to see a shrink immediately.

A CEO is little more than the public face representing a board of directors. Look at QANTAS as an example. Alan Joyce is little more than a puppet controlled by Leigh Clifford et al.

This club is no different to any other organisation large or small. The people calling the shots are rarely if ever the faces the public see.

And paying big dollars for a CEO won't mean a lot either as study after study demonstrates there is practically no correlation between CEO pay and company performance.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 15-01-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Member's new book....."how to get a top quality CEO on the cheap"....cover photo is.......the guy we have now, or the last guy, or the guy before him.......if you know of a top quality proven CEO who will work for and with little money and empty promises please forward his/her CV to: The Jets new miracle worker c/o MFKS@itsnotaboutthemoney.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Member's new book....."how to get a top quality CEO on the cheap"....cover photo is.......the guy we have now, or the last guy, or the guy before him.......if you know of a top quality proven CEO who will work for and with little money and empty promises please forward his/her CV to: The Jets new miracle worker c/o MFKS@itsnotaboutthemoney.com
    Someone's burning.
    5 5 5

If only I was trying to get you upset I would be achieving some degree of satisfaction right now.
    But as I wasn't I couldn't care less and will just have a giggle at you and let it go

Lots of Love MFKS

So we need a new CEO on the cheap.

Upgraded backroom staff, for cheap

A new coach.. on the cheap.

Most of our squad replaced with better players, for the same money as the "crap" blokes we have now? Plus, those guys will have to leave without taking payouts.

Who said money wasn't our problem again??

Most of you guys seem to believe that the salary cap actually evens out the league, it doesn't in anyway. We have less money to spend than probably every other club in the HAL. Until we get sold and get an influx of money to pay for some of these changes, hopefully from the top of my list to the bottom, we are stuck with the back-end of the pile when it comes to staff/coaches/players.

How many people would be happy for our membership fees to double so that we could go find a proper CEO and better players?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by tha_hauss View Post
    What is constructive progress? Isn't letting people speak about their club constructive progress? Furns, what happened at the Jets last supporter forum after I walked out? Was it a whinge fest or did people make constructive comments? I got the impression that there was some consensus, particularly over the coach travel.
    yep it was fine and the way to go

Id rather have people throwing in the curly questions that are usually ignored at those pre-organised "plastic" ones.

The people on the front table adjudicated each question on its merit and threw out the repetition cause they have public speaking technique. PLUS everyone gets an answer pretty quickly unlike that other membership committee debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Most of our squad replaced with better players, for the same money as the "crap" blokes we have now? Plus, those guys will have to leave without taking payouts.

Most of you guys seem to believe that the salary cap actually evens out the league, it doesn't in anyway. We have less money to spend than probably every other club in the HAL. Until we get sold and get an influx of money to pay for some of these changes, hopefully from the top of my list to the bottom, we are stuck with the back-end of the pile when it comes to staff/coaches/players.

How many people would be happy for our membership fees to double so that we could go find a proper CEO and better players?
    You try scoring goals playing with a massive albatross around your neck. It's not easy.

With respect to the salary cap it should not be the same amount for all teams. The bigger teams should be given a much smaller cap to work with as they have a lot of exogenous advantages working in their favour that others simply do not have.

Newcastle can talk lifestyle all it wants but to most players it can never compare to living in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, or even Adelaide.

Perth and Wellington in many ways are at more of a disadvantage to Newcastle for obvious reasons.

Then there is the fact that the media will always talk up / promote the Sydney and Melbourne clubs which means sponsors are going to get more exposure and hence they want to get on board.

I'm glad we have won a title because I probably won't be around in 25 years or so to see the next.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

I fully support the move to upgrade our membership fees to realistic prices point blank.
    Budget membership has seen budget level management of the club

As for your order of your priorities you have it back to front
    We need to start at the bottom and work our way up

The worlds greatest manager is not gonna achieve much with our squad list

The least of our worries at the moment is Eland and his part time role

We need to improve on the park

All football clubs need to win games.

We though have a much greater need to start winning than others

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    With respect to the salary cap it should not be the same amount for all teams. The bigger teams should be given a much smaller cap to work with as they have a lot of exogenous advantages working in their favour that others simply do not have.
    Strongly agree with this. This is a massive issue with us at the moment. Other teams in my opinion must be getting bundles more third party deals same crap happening in the nrl aswell.

Newcastle in both codes getting screwed over big time.

No relegation.

Let's just all enjoy the mediocrity while it doesn't really cost us anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Someone's burning.
    5 5 5

If only I was trying to get you upset I would be achieving some degree of satisfaction right now.
    But as I wasn't I couldn't care less and will just have a giggle at you and let it go

Lots of Love MFKS

Not burning at all.

I've noticed how reasoned logic and the plain obvious of things doesn't seem to alter your opinion so I went for good old fashioned sarcasm....went over your head too....surprising that.

Also you said that you would be all for increasing the members fees.....correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't that increasing money into the club.....something you've said isn't necessary?

Banned
    Not burning at all.

I've noticed how reasoned logic and the plain obvious of things doesn't seem to alter your opinion so I went for good old fashioned sarcasm....went over your head too....surprising that.

Also you said that you would be all for increasing the members fees.....correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't that increasing money into the club.....something you've said isn't necessary?

Increasing membership prices is a means to an end with my ongoing dispute with plastic fans.

Keeps the wishy washy lot out

So I am all for it

5 5 5

As for reasoned logic and the plain obvious going over someone's head not let the reality pass you by as it does already.

No 1 priority for me is not more money into the club as that is not what we need. We will only waste it.

The people making the decisions need to improve out of sight at the club. It is their continual incompetence and failing that has led us down this road. it is their continued failing that stops us digging ourselves out of this hole.

Our current manager should have started digging us out of the hole when he arrived. He hasn't

He has applied a pile of band aids to our wounds and done nothing to stop the bleeding.
    Any fix he is offering starts next season which is just plain wrong.
    It should have started this season. What exactly is his plan to right the ship with us??
    Park the bus forever???

For all his park the bus tendencies and his signing flops what makes anyone think that given a pile of cash he can turn things around??

I for one think he is well out of his depth

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Increasing membership prices is a means to an end with my ongoing dispute with plastic fans.

Keeps the wishy washy lot out

So I am all for it

5 5 5

As for reasoned logic and the plain obvious going over someone's head not let the reality pass you by as it does already.

No 1 priority for me is not more money into the club as that is not what we need. We will only waste it.

The people making the decisions need to improve out of sight at the club. It is their continual incompetence and failing that has led us down this road. it is their continued failing that stops us digging ourselves out of this hole.

Our current manager should have started digging us out of the hole when he arrived. He hasn't

He has applied a pile of band aids to our wounds and done nothing to stop the bleeding.
    Any fix he is offering starts next season which is just plain wrong.
    It should have started this season. What exactly is his plan to right the ship with us??
    Park the bus forever???

For all his park the bus tendencies and his signing flops what makes anyone think that given a pile of cash he can turn things around??

I for one think he is well out of his depth

I reckon 8 years of shit has probably done more than raising ticket prices could in order to wash away the "plastics"

And what do you think Miller should have done, that he hasn't, to start digging us out of the 8 year hole within one season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I reckon 8 years of shit has probably done more than raising ticket prices could in order to wash away the "plastics"

And what do you think Miller should have done, that he hasn't, to start digging us out of the 8 year hole within one season?
    I think the low prices is still keeping some hanging around. put them up to market value and we see then who sticks it out

As for what Miller should have done.

Well for a start he should have signed only blokes he sees as big part of a successful club in the future. Hoffman Poljak Labi are not this and will never be.

He hasn't went for youth he hasn't went for quality. He has just signed a pile of lower end nothing.

Where is the purpose in his transfer dealings??
    Where is the bigger picture??

Secondly he should have actually formulated a game plan and style of play that the club is working towards. Yeah you can argue the parking the bus shit is doing this but we ain't winning shit in this comp with this style of play. In my mind all though we are more solid defensively this season we are much worse with the ball.

There is no pattern of play developing and nothing is a work in progress. We are going backwards with the ball. To have a successful side we need to improve this.

So far he has 6 months and not one shred of anything that the quality of good play is improving

Pretty sure Hoff was signed prior to Miller being announced. And the other two would have already have been spoken to prior surely.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Strongly agree with this. This is a massive issue with us at the moment. Other teams in my opinion must be getting bundles more third party deals same crap happening in the nrl aswell.

Newcastle in both codes getting screwed over big time.
    Other clubs are just utilising their full 2 marquees quota and other things like having half of 2 long-serving players wages exempt from the Salary Cap which ultimately allows more cash to be freed up to bolster the squad. Really, good luck to the other clubs if they can afford it, should mediocrity be dragged down to our level because Newcastle can't get their shit together and have a truly viable football club!!!
    Sick of hereing Newcastle people cry poor both in the A League and the NRL that the big city clubs are dominating because they have all this corporate backing and support....yet which town, much smaller than Newcastle won the NRL in 2015?

1st Q. why are we buying fking donkeys and the aids ridden coastie kunts getting luis Garcia (not great but not bad). Answer that ya clueless bastards
    Last edited by hawk; 16-01-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Not burning at all.

How's the holiday going ?