Page 158 of 160 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160 LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

wonder why it doesnt include brennan as being released aswell?

Full press release...

Saturday 16 April 2016
    Newcastle, New South Wales

Newcastle Jets outline squad changes

Newcastle Jets can today confirm a number of squad changes following the recent conclusion of the club’s Hyundai A-League 2015/16 campaign.

Jets Head Coach Scott Miller together with interim Chief Executive Officer Mr David Eland met individually with off contract players on Saturday.

Subsequent to these meetings, Enver Alivodic, Leonardo, Cameron Watson, Ryan Kitto, Brandon Lundy and Josh Barresi will each depart the club ahead of season 12 of the A-League.

Alivodic joined the Jets in February 2015 and made 35 A-League appearances throughout his season and a half stay with the club, contributing four goals.

Leonardo linked with Newcastle in August last year. The diminutive Brazilian attacking midfielder made 20 appearances throughout the club’s 2015/16 campaign, scoring one goal.

Midfielder Watson joined the Jets in July 2015 and made 17 Hyundai A-League appearances throughout his time at the club, 12 of which were starts.

Attacker Kitto signed with Newcastle as an injury replacement player for Labinot Haliti in November 2015 and went on to make 18 appearances for the club, scoring two goals.

19-year-old forward Lundy has been a member of the club’s first team squad on a youth contract since 2014. He made three Hyundai A-League and two Westfield FFA Cup appearances during his time as a senior squad member.

Barresi linked with Newcastle in 2014 from Western Sydney Wanderers’ youth team. He suffered an unfortunate season-ending anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury in his first year with the club, but recovered to feature for the Jets’ youth squad throughout 2015/16.

Newcastle Jets thank each of the above players for their professionalism and service to the club and wish them every success in the future.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm gonna jump to the conclusion that Morten is staying!

Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
    wonder why it doesnt include brennan as being released aswell?
    He was contracted for 2 years so still has another year the same as Radavan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo View Post
    He was contracted for 2 years so still has another year the same as Radavan.
    ffs

I thought Kitto showed promise and was worth another year. No certainty Haliti will be back and he's more of an impact sub in my view

the ghost of phil stubbins still haunts this club, with all the spuds he signed to overs

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the ghost of phil stubbins still haunts this club, with all the spuds he signed to overs
    Boogaard

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Rumour was that adelaide were after kitto
    I reckon we may have held onto Kitto but he's been approached so maybe we aren't interested in a bidding war for a player who really has only had one truly good game for us (albeit an important one to shine in). just as long as he hasn't gone to the gyppos
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    I reckon we may have held onto Kitto but he's been approached so maybe we aren't interested in a bidding war for a player who really has only had one truly good game for us (albeit an important one to shine in). just as long as he hasn't gone to the gyppos
    To me it says the club have chosen to not sign him
    If they wanted to they wouldn't have his name in the press release today.

They leave him with Kanta Birraz Hoff Nobby etc in the category where they may stay or may go

It is interesting that we havent signed him even if other clubs want him.

He has improved over time and shows potential.

The interesting thing is Millertime basically has to sign a new attack

The slate is pretty much clean there.

Maybe the choice to pass on Kitto says he is actually aiming for better standard

We can only hope

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    kitto was pretty average tbf
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Hopefully kitto leaving may mean we are in for ryan williams

I think it's more that Kitto is not seen as a starting player yet and as a backup we are stuck with Brenan and Pav on contract. If Brenan had of walked, as Miller tried to convince, I think Kitto would have been re-signed

In my opinion, and pretty similar to the Herald article yesterday, Miller thinks he has the basis of a top 6 team barring some cutting edge up front.

Assuming the players not released get re-signed (Nobby & Kanta...I think that's it?) I see the vast majority recruitment/salary cap to be spent on the 3 Visa spots being a left and right attacker, and a No 10.

Other than that sign min wage squad players for depth. A left back, a right back, another striker a DM. These you would want to be Kitto like players just looking for a break. Olyroo/young Socceroo experience but not cracked the HAL or older experienced players desperate for a contract.

Kitto himself is the victim of his own success in that he could likely command more than min wage and we already have Pav and Brennan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    In my opinion, and pretty similar to the Herald article yesterday, Miller thinks he has the basis of a top 6 team barring some cutting edge up front.

Assuming the players not released get re-signed (Nobby & Kanta...I think that's it?) I see the vast majority recruitment/salary cap to be spent on the 3 Visa spots being a left and right attacker, and a No 10.

Other than that sign min wage squad players for depth. A left back, a right back, another striker a DM. These you would want to be Kitto like players just looking for a break. Olyroo/young Socceroo experience but not cracked the HAL or older experienced players desperate for a contract.

Kitto himself is the victim of his own success in that he could likely command more than min wage and we already have Pav and Brennan
    Good thoughts.

To me that was the easy part for Millertime.

Hopefully he can prove himself to be a shrewd operator and actually trim off some more of the unwanted players to give him some more room.

If Mitch Cooper Brennan Pavicevic are not in his plans then he needs to try moving them out somehow

He could also look at his Centre Half options and maybe move on either Mullen or Boogaard.
    Both are too slow and dive in. We can't carry both on big $$ moving forward.

Fingers crossed he culls more of our squad and gets closer to the ideal squad he wants next year than we currently are shaping up as

Would be very happy if we can offload Boogaard, play Kanta at CB and get as much of his contract outside the cap as possible.

That would free up a lot of dollars and make us better at the back all at the same time.middleby prob won't go for it though.

I dunno about those other bozos but I'd still be giving Cooper a go. There's a certain level of quality about him that I think we can utilise.
    Obviously it all comes down to dollars though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Would be very happy if we can offload Boogaard, play Kanta at CB and get as much of his contract outside the cap as possible.

That would free up a lot of dollars and make us better at the back all at the same time.middleby prob won't go for it though.
    Playing Kanta at the back is no better.

Slow gives the ball away and will pick up as many reds as Boogaard

I would on football ability piss off Mullen

Boogz is a better defender red cards aside

Though it would make more sense to get rid of Boogaard as he is on the bigger $$$

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Boogz is a better defender red cards aside

Though it would make more sense to get rid of Boogaard as he is on the bigger $$$
    Yeah but I'm at the stage where I can't look past the reds.
    Not only impacts the game he's playing but the suspensions on top penalise the team.

I'm saying with the rules the way they are having Kanta in the team and his wage outside the cap makes better sense for our squad.

If Kanta is costing our cap nothing* then it's money well spent.

* can some nerdy nerd confirm how much of Kantas figure would be outside the cap please.

11 Under Contract, 4 unsigned atm

1. Mark Birighitti - Yet to be resigned
    2. Daniel Mullen - 16/17
    3. Jason Hoffman - Yet to be resigned
    4. Nigel Boogaard - 17/18
    5. Ben Kantarovski - Yet to be resigned
    8. Mateo Poljak - 16/17
    11. Labinot Halti - 16/17
    12. Andy Brennan - 16/17
    14. Mitch Cooper - 16/17
    16. Steven Ugarković - 16/17
    17. Radan Pavicevic - 16/17