Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    That's stumped me sammydog. My understanding was O'35 is considered the lowest "division" and no matter the grade of O'35 you play you can play for any AA team.
    We've had to Dual Register players to avoid issues with O35 playing as fill ins for AA.

We clarify this every year as it makes no sense, but the advice is always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Irrespective of Friday or Saturday, you can not play back a grade. So E Grade Friday could not play F Grade Saturday.

An A grade O35 player can not play B Grade All Age.
    Thanks mate.
    We didn't know and the ref didn't seem to know or care so we just played a few under 15's to avoid any punishment.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    nope

for the purposes of borrowing players it's all the same as far as grading

you can play the same grade as you are registered in or higher, be that Friday, Saturday, All Age, Over 35 or juniors

a team is limited to four borrowed players and those borrowed players cannot take the field before a player registered in the team

they also have to be marked as borrowed on the teamsheet, including the grade they are registered in

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    We've had to Dual Register players to avoid issues with O35 playing as fill ins for AA.

We clarify this every year as it makes no sense, but the advice is always the same.
    Is there a limit of fill-in games for players before they become automatically regraded up the the higher level? Or does duel rego negate this?

Confirming an U15/B player cannot fill-in for AA/C?

no, yes

ok so I looked up the last one and I'm confused

https://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-...ION-D-2019.pdf

regulation D47 has the rules for borrowed players

it's really poorly formatted so I can't understand it, then on top of that the wording just doesn't make sense

my understanding is yes, a 15-B will be eligible to play 17A of any AA-A

anyone else want to read and try to interpret?

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Is there a limit of fill-in games for players before they become automatically regraded up the the higher level? Or does duel rego negate this?

Confirming an U15/B player cannot fill-in for AA/C?
    A 15/B will be eligible for:
    • 16/B/C/D/...
    • 17/B/C/D/...
    • 18/A/B/C/...
    • AA/A/B/C/...

(e) Providing Regulation D 47 (a), (b), (c) and (d) are adhered to, there are no restrictions on the
    number of games in which a Borrowed Player may participate

Rest in peace to the SOuth Cardiff Over 35 player that died of a heart attack while playing Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Rest in peace to the SOuth Cardiff Over 35 player that died of a heart attack while playing Saturday
    Yep, very sad for him and all the players who were there on the night.

RIP mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Yep, very sad for him and all the players who were there on the night.

RIP mate.
    To his family and loved ones, we express our sincere condolences.

Terrible news, condolences to all connected to this tragedy.

Just wondering, how often are teams (or certain clubs) not getting refs. For us, O35E Fri night, we have had them once at home. I get it, only game on and all the way out at Redhead. Is there any merit in a thread that indicates a pool of people that would have interest in a call up or we just place an "add" for a person to officiate? We find someone every week but it's like pulling teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Just wondering, how often are teams (or certain clubs) not getting refs. For us, O35E Fri night, we have had them once at home. I get it, only game on and all the way out at Redhead. Is there any merit in a thread that indicates a pool of people that would have interest in a call up or we just place an "add" for a person to officiate? We find someone every week but it's like pulling teeth.
    Quite possibly location and time (Friday night I imagine would suck).
    All Age Friday here. We have had referees every game so far (touch wood), but it is all very central - Even 8pm games seem fine.

is anyone else sick of this bullshit $100 fine for not having a duty officer?

a lot of our games we're lucky to have players, let alone spectators - so the idea of fining clubs for not having enough volunteers to sit outside on a cold and rainy Friday night is in my option, complete and utter bullshit

it's the refs who report not having a duty officer - fair enough they may wish to make a note of it if there is actually an issue at the game, but to fine club's when there isn't a problem is just bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    is anyone else sick of this bullshit $100 fine for not having a duty officer?

a lot of our games we're lucky to have players, let alone spectators - so the idea of fining clubs for not having enough volunteers to sit outside on a cold and rainy Friday night is in my option, complete and utter bullshit

it's the refs who report not having a duty officer - fair enough they may wish to make a note of it if there is actually an issue at the game, but to fine club's when there isn't a problem is just bullshit
    Only required when you have a licensed venue, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Only required when you have a licensed venue, right?
    i didnt think so.
    Last year i got drafted in to do it for a shift and that ground def didnt have a license.
    Unless the club i was at just made sure there was a duty officer around, but they were adamant that no games were going on without one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i didnt think so.
    Last year i got drafted in to do it for a shift and that ground def didnt have a license.
    Unless the club i was at just made sure there was a duty officer around, but they were adamant that no games were going on without one.
    You're right.

It's in the Macquarie policies. Every Club must have at least 1 Duty Officer (O35, AA etc - 2 for Zone)

https://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-...ION-D-2019.pdf

A MINIMUM OF ONE (1) nominated and readily identifiable GROUND OFFICIAL (DUTY
    OFFICER) MUST be available for the duration of each and every Fixture on each and every
    Club ground on which a Fixture(s) has been set; and for an additional period of 30
    minutes prior to the start of the Fixture and for an additional period of 30 minutes after
    the Fixture has concluded. ‘Çlub Ground’ in this context refers to a full sized playing field.
    If no Ground Official (Duty Officer) is present during a Match, the Referee must report this
    fact using the appropriate part of the Team Match Sheet. A warning will be given to the
    offending Club for a first offence; a second or subsequent offence of failure to provide a
    Duty Officer for a Match as required by Regulations will result in a monetary fine on an
    escalating scale. (refer to Rule D08, Rule D19 and Rule D25).
    A centrally located Official Table, on which the required Team Sheet for the Fixture is
    placed,
    must be provided by the Home Club (Refer to Rule D45).
    Failure to comply with this Regulation or part thereof may result in a Forfeit being
    awarded to the opposing Team and a Fine as determined annually

I understand why this is a rule but for crying out loud, have they been to an old farts freezing weather FRI night game? I note it states “escalating scale” too.

Put the bib on the goal keeper and say he’s doing it.....bloody stupid rule...half the time the only people other than wives and kids watching o35s end up reffing or running a line...do you play without a ref so you can have a duty officer?

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Put the bib on the goal keeper and say he’s doing it.....bloody stupid rule...half the time the only people other than wives and kids watching o35s end up reffing or running a line...do you play without a ref so you can have a duty officer?
    I am assuming the rule only applies when you have official refs and not club refs. Agree a stupid rule for AA/O35's. Hard to get people out on a cold windy/rainy Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    I am assuming the rule only applies when you have official refs and not club refs. Agree a stupid rule for AA/O35's. Hard to get people out on a cold windy/rainy Friday night.
    Rule only applies when a ref calls you on it. Lots of games without duty officers go unreported. But yes, we are supposed to have them for all games, licenced or not, including mini-Roos.

We’ve been fined twice this year already.

We got done last year in an U15’s game even though I was sitting on the hill all game with a vest on.

For day time games it usually isnt a problem as we make the teams doing canteen do it, but Friday nights is an issue when no one wants to watch as it’s too cold and the canteen isn’t open.