Page 10 of 242 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

it seems insane that fox would pass up the chance to get on board with the NBN, they are in the best place to deliver content through it of anyone in the country

if the libs get in, watch them back down on turnbull's internets and carry on building the NBN with fox getting the first suck of the juicy mango

check out netflix stocks - http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=N...rce=undefined;

build it and they will come

also anyone who reckons fibre to the home is a waste of time and will never be needed needs to try it for themselves

stayed in a verizon FiOS enabled joint in new york a few weeks back - leaves everything else for, as MFKS would say it, ****ING DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    this sort of quote pisses me off

it's as if Murdoch's new lows of journalism are a balance to the right's perception that anyone not blowing their trumpet is a communist
    Oi comrade I'm not really one way or the other.
    I just think that pretty much everyone has a lean and good on them for taking sides.
    But to say its 'just' Murdoch or 'just' the ABC that are biased isnt fair either tis all.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    there's having a lean, such as say the Guardian, and then there's feeding bullshit to the masses to further your own interests such as Murdoch does

what pisses me off is when you say something like the ABC is equally as biased as Murdoch

that is simply not correct

what pisses me off is when you say something like the ABC is equally as biased as Murdoch
    I totally agree with your point about News Ltd.
    But I didn't say they were equally as bad, just that both sides had friendly media.

Except Clive, no one seems to be helping him.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    you said they were doing the same thing - they clearly aren't

Clive needs to buy his own papers and television and fill it with plastic dinosaurs and cruiseliners that will never be built

Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    col allan was born in australia.

our election. lol.
    Rupert not the bloody spindoctor, he's just a puppet

you said they were doing the same thing - they clearly aren't

Clive needs to buy his own papers and television and fill it with plastic dinosaurs and cruiseliners that will never be built
    'Same thing' meant 'taking a side'.
    And as I said I agree that no one beats News Ltd when they have a gripe. Just ask outgoing state finance minister Greg Pearce.....who is a turd.
    Anyway, arguing about that won't solve the big issues.
    Like animatronic dinosaurs.

Next topic:
    What's your two main issues that will influence your vote this election?
    I'll go first.
    1. Economy: and more importantly its impact on small business.
    2. Education: about to enter that part of the world for the first time in a long time.

OK, grubby journalism - Labor 1, Lib 0

Main issues
    1. Entire health system overhaul, inclusive of NDS
    2. Job creation. Real not manipulated

Edit, the only thing they need to do in education is bring back the bloody cane, and a big one
    Last edited by My2BobsWorth; 07-08-2013 at 05:37 PM.

this sort of quote pisses me off

it's as if Murdoch's new lows of journalism are a balance to the right's perception that anyone not blowing their trumpet is a communist
    lol, glad someone else brought this up, I got the same feeling but didn't know how to put it in words.

What about that that ABC Vote Compass thing now (political compass based on response to 30 questions). System of judgement is a bit whack, so Australian. Labor defs wouldn't be considered so left-wing by many standards, imo they would be on par with many conservative governments internationally. Bit of a laugh though, I came out as a true commie at the end of it, slightly more left-wing than The Greens
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    What about that that ABC Vote Compass thing now (political compass based on response to 30 questions). System of judgement is a bit whack, so Australian. Labor defs wouldn't be considered so left-wing by many standards, imo they would be on par with many conservative governments internationally. Bit of a laugh though, I came out as a true commie at the end of it, slightly more left-wing than The Greens
    Where is this? Link? I think we should all do this and post results.

Edit: yep, did it. Turns out I'm slightly economic right (only just off the centre) and only slightly on conservative side on social issues (once again only just off centre).

Weighted results I was exact between Libs and Left. Non weighted much closer to the right.
    Interesting. Highly recommend.
    Thanks Militia.

when i did it i was between the greens and labor, closer to labor when weighted.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    when i did it i was between the greens and labor, closer to labor when weighted.
    Please don't take this the wrong way but that really surprised me based on reading you on the foz.

Oh yeah soz, here's the link for those who hadn't already heard about it:

http://www.abc.net.au/votecompass/

Good for a squiz, takes 10 mins.

Edit: plague, were you surprised by my result too?
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Edit: plague, were you surprised by my result too?
    Not one bit.

Bhahahahahahaha

Please don't let the MFKS get near it. I dare say he'll be right next to the "I don't give a **** about anyone Party".

Would need a third axis, the Kale Scale
    Although really it would be the only axis.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Please don't let the MFKS get near it. I dare say he'll be right next to the "I don't give a **** about anyone Party".
    Don't worry I will stay the **** away from it.

I am already a card carrying member of the I don't give a **** about which political party gets in. They are both ****ing incompetent and full of ****ing shit.

The Liberals take credit for running a good economy by refusing to spend the taxes we pay so we have no infrastructure then the Labour party spend money we don't have by building heaps of infrastructure and send the nation broke.

Both lots of them have NFI and refuse to tackle real issues yet carry on about a ridiculous issue of a couple of thousand poor foreigners in ****ed up situations coming to this country by boat to escape the ****ing troubles in their homelands.

Simple solution to this process the ****s quickly make a decision if they stay or get sent back. Save a couple of million on this instead of keeping these poor blokes locked up on Nauru or PNG for a year or so whilst they twiddle their ****ing thumbs. None of this stopping the boats or Pacific Solution or whatever bullshit they can come up with. Poor people in ****ed up situations are still gonna try and come here no matter what

Once this is dealt with they then can get on with dealing some real ****ing issues in this country not some make believe issue that buys votes due to the latent divisive racism in the issue