Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 2021 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I get the feeling it won't be back to normal in 2022 - I still think there's going to be check ins and masks for a very long time even when we're all vaccinated, plus hopefully there's going to be vaccine passports, both for playing and for the pub after the game

Australia has handled this very differently to the UK and especially to the US, where there hasn't been any sensible form of contact tracing or check in apps or the like

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I get the feeling it won't be back to normal in 2022 - I still think there's going to be check ins and masks for a very long time even when we're all vaccinated, plus hopefully there's going to be vaccine passports, both for playing and for the pub after the game

Australia has handled this very differently to the UK and especially to the US, where there hasn't been any sensible form of contact tracing or check in apps or the like
    Slightly off topic, but apparently in 2019 the flu infected 850 people per day across the year, and approx 2.2 dying each day. Not saying we should let it run rampant atm, but interesting for context.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

hopefully there's going to be vaccine passports, both for playing and for the pub after the game
    I dont want to turn this into 'that thread' but we all need to have a think about things here. You expect a 16yr old volunteer ref or the little old frail Ground Marshall to go round checking everyone's Vax status before kickoff? Let alone some uni student bar staff asking for your papers before getting a drink? Its not manageable. Does the canteen volunteers need to be checked? Do they need to check everyone in the crowds status before serving them a bag of lollies?

Pre covid we lived in a society full of anti vaxxers and transmittable diseases. Thinking this is the one that will change all that isn't reality.

Im fully vaxxed, and encourage everyone to do so, but after that we as a society have to do a better job at living with this virus without resorting to this type of stuff.

England especially has made a choice and aint turning back. 200k cases last week and full stadiums and back to normal. We will follow the same path it will only take one premier to announce it and the others will follow. Zero covid is not going to happen.

And don't get me started on personal responsibility. The attitude of rule breakers during lockdown is frustrating but is the end product of a system we all helped create that has no consequences for being a shit****.
    Assholes flouting the law is not a new thing, its only now that it affect more people that we all seem to have a problem with it.

lockdown is extended until 28 August, so there's a chance that we'll be all back open and able to play the Grand Finals on the 3/4/5 September weekend
    Didn't Newcastle Football's letter say the grand final will be played on the 10th 11th 12th? This would mean that if we are back from next Sunday that the first weekend of September will be the 1v4 and 2v3 matches the letter talked about
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 20-08-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Didn't Newcastle Football's letter say the grand final will be played on the 10th 11th 12th? This would mean that if we are back from next Sunday that the first weekend of September will be the 1v4 and 2v3 matches the letter talked about
    This is what I got today in an email from Macquarie:

Interdistrict Semi Finals: Major / Minor

Friday 26th August – Cancelled – Covid Lockdown

Saturday 27th August – Cancelled – Covid Lockdown

Sunday 28th August – Cancelled – Covid Lockdown Status Unknown

Interdistrict Finals: Winners of F1 & F2 advance to Grand Final

Per Regulation D30 (e)

Friday 3rd September – (F1) 1 v 4 – (F2) 2 v 3 – Covid status will determine completion

Saturday 4th September – (F1) 1 v 4 – (F2) 2 v 3 – Covid status will determine completion

Sunday 5th September – (F1) 1 v 4 – (F2) 2 v 3 – Covid status will determine completion

Interdistrict Grand Finals; Winners of F1 & F2 Finals

Friday 10th September – Winner F1 v Winner F2 – Covid status will determine completion

Saturday 11th September – Winner F1 v Winner F2 – Covid status will determine completion

Sunday 12th September – Winner F1 v Winner F2 – Covid status will determine completion

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    This is what I got today in an email from Macquarie:

Interdistrict Semi Finals: Major / Minor

Friday 26th August – Cancelled – Covid Lockdown

Saturday 27th August – Cancelled – Covid Lockdown

Sunday 28th August – Cancelled – Covid Lockdown Status Unknown

Interdistrict Finals: Winners of F1 & F2 advance to Grand Final

Per Regulation D30 (e)

Friday 3rd September – (F1) 1 v 4 – (F2) 2 v 3 – Covid status will determine completion

Saturday 4th September – (F1) 1 v 4 – (F2) 2 v 3 – Covid status will determine completion

Sunday 5th September – (F1) 1 v 4 – (F2) 2 v 3 – Covid status will determine completion

Interdistrict Grand Finals; Winners of F1 & F2 Finals

Friday 10th September – Winner F1 v Winner F2 – Covid status will determine completion

Saturday 11th September – Winner F1 v Winner F2 – Covid status will determine completion

Sunday 12th September – Winner F1 v Winner F2 – Covid status will determine completion
    Season has been cancelled.

no alarms and no surprises there

now we start planning the old man cup next season - who's in?

no alarms and no surprises there

now we start planning the old man cup next season - who's in?
    Count me in Boz

No jab no play, thoughts???

I'm organising the old man preseason comp so yes, it will be

don't like it, don't play

same should go for the regular season

why should my health be jeopardised by someone else's mental health issues and stupidity?

why should my health be jeopardised by someone else's mental health issues and stupidity?
    Ok but how are you going to monitor it?

What are the details for the per season comp? Has it been run before ?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    What are the details for the per season comp? Has it been run before ?
    Team who scores does boat race
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Ok but how are you going to monitor it?
    You can quickly and easily get a vaccination certificate from myGov, seems like a pretty easy thing to police. No certificate no play.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    You can quickly and easily get a vaccination certificate from myGov, seems like a pretty easy thing to police. No certificate no play.
    Well this seems like an open and shut case.
    Kick out the unwell I say. Keep em in their houses.

Ok now do HIV positive people, you banning them from community contact sport too? Because you blokes on here have made it clear that only your sensibilities matter. As long as you feel safe, the games can go ahead. But you don't feel like being the ones to tell all these people they can't play.

Govt about to start jabbing 12s and up. How many of those kids who can't/won't get a needle by the time summer sport starts will you be ringing to tell them they can't play?

What if a kid is 11 then turns 12 mid season you gonna kick them out too?

This is not an easy issue, and def one that small community clubs shouldn't be lumped with. Understand too, that covid and vax issues will prob lead to a rise in registration fees no matter how its handled.

Understand something too before you start throwing horse wormer at me. I am fully vaxxed and encourage everyone to do so. I totally understand the hypocritical attitude we have when things like "my body my choice" start bashing into "for the greater good". Im guilty of it, we all are. But just because the answer is convenient for you doesnt make it the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Well this seems like an open and shut case.
    Kick out the unwell I say. Keep em in their houses.

Ok now do HIV positive people, you banning them from community contact sport too? Because you blokes on here have made it clear that only your sensibilities matter. As long as you feel safe, the games can go ahead. But you don't feel like being the ones to tell all these people they can't play.

Govt about to start jabbing 12s and up. How many of those kids who can't/won't get a needle by the time summer sport starts will you be ringing to tell them they can't play?

What if a kid is 11 then turns 12 mid season you gonna kick them out too?

This is not an easy issue, and def one that small community clubs shouldn't be lumped with. Understand too, that covid and vax issues will prob lead to a rise in registration fees no matter how its handled.

Understand something too before you start throwing horse wormer at me. I am fully vaxxed and encourage everyone to do so. I totally understand the hypocritical attitude we have when things like "my body my choice" start bashing into "for the greater good". Im guilty of it, we all are. But just because the answer is convenient for you doesnt make it the right one.
    HIV positive people will be on drugs that suppress it and reduce their infectiousness. You know, like a vaccine. They will also have been advised by their doctor what to do in order to be safe. There are also laws that can and do punish people with HIV who behave in a reckless manner to others regarding their condition. HIV and sport is an issue that was dealt with long ago.

Junior sport is a separate issue for junior management in clubs. You're right, kids shouldn't be punished for things out of their control and I'd be surprised if any vaccination rules are present for juniors in season 2022.

But we aren't talking about juniors, or HIV positive adults. We're talking adults who by pre-season next year will have very likely had the opportunity to get vaccinated, or get provide proof of a medical condition preventing them from doing so. Don't want to? Well then when you're an adult your actions have consequences, and that consequence will be not playing for your club.

Hopefully the FFA will have a administrative solution for clubs next year but as a team manager I provide the team list to the club so they can assign registered players, I can always tell them to decline the rego and issue a refund if someone wants to get all anti-vax.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    HIV positive people will be on drugs that suppress it and reduce their infectiousness. You know, like a vaccine. They will also have been advised by their doctor what to do in order to be safe. There are also laws that can and do punish people with HIV who behave in a reckless manner to others regarding their condition. HIV and sport is an issue that was dealt with long ago.

Junior sport is a separate issue for junior management in clubs. You're right, kids shouldn't be punished for things out of their control and I'd be surprised if any vaccination rules are present for juniors in season 2022.

But we aren't talking about juniors, or HIV positive adults. We're talking adults who by pre-season next year will have very likely had the opportunity to get vaccinated, or get provide proof of a medical condition preventing them from doing so. Don't want to? Well then when you're an adult your actions have consequences, and that consequence will be not playing for your club.

Hopefully the FFA will have a administrative solution for clubs next year but as a team manager I provide the team list to the club so they can assign registered players, I can always tell them to decline the rego and issue a refund if someone wants to get all anti-vax.
    Agree with you re: the HIV stuff but what im saying is that there is always a chance that it could happen. We as a society have just reached a point with that virus that we are comfortable with.

Blanket policies around these things just don't ever seem to be as easy as we think.

Because then you have refs, club officials, parents, groundkeepers, spectators who would all need to fall under the same policy.

What if FFA just turned around and said, "nope we can't enforce it so its people like you that need to make a decision. If you want to play you need be aware unvaccintaed players may be on the field".
    Would you play? Would you take the risk?

This isn't even a gotcha thing, im genuinely interested what people think. I probably will, and think that by this time next year it probably won't seem as scary. But I'd love to know what others think.

Also, what if you had team members or opponents that had a legit exemption? Would you still want to play with them? Because technically they would give you the same exposure risk as an anti vaxxer (but would probably be way less douchey).

These are the things we all need to grapple with before deciding what's best.

Anyone know of a keeper interested to play ZL2 next season? Message 0410 189 333

Has anyone heard that next year washouts won't be played

Or that clubs will need to take evidence of their grounds being washed out and this will be checked to determine if the washout is valid or not?

where would this have come from?