Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 HIT Northern League One

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I love this idea and hate the fact that many posters on here can see it but the people in charge cant.My son is playing for one of the NPL teams that will be somewhere in the middle this year.It probably means he will cop some floggings and dish out some floggings.I would much rather he be in a 2nd tier of teams that play similar level and earn their way up each year.I would also hope that all NL1 clubs are made to run the JDL program from 9's,even if it is just one team per age,in order to bring through a good group of kids every year that hopefully remain loyal and then work their way up the youth pyramid.While ever teams are grabbing community kids and expecting them to go up against JDL kids in 13's the imbalance will always be there.And im not talking about wins and losses either,im talking about continued development of more kids from an earlier age instead of asking Magic/Olympic/Maitland to just have 4 JDL teams and let everyone else pick their castoffs at the end.NNSW has to work with every club under their umbrella in order to get more kids playing and encouraging development.And I know JDL isnt the answer to everything but it is the best product we have at the moment and implementing that to a wider audience is better than blaming clubs at the back end when they cant field teams because their players leave for so called greener pastures.
    Indeed, it would be better for all players to play against similar competition every week rather than some weeks they win or lose 10-0 and thus learn nothing and some weeks where it is a battle.

Northern needs to stop listening to the clubs and just do it, I think part of the problem is some clubs don't want the change for reasons that aren't about developing players and more about ego and titles.

If you want to develop players and get a larger pool, you won't get that at the moment. The best players in the best team have their development hindered if only 12 of their 24 matches are competitive and the other 12 are too easy. Same with less skilled players, they won't be able to develop if half of their games the other team is far too good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    That's exactly what they should do, also means the weaker NPL youth teams will play against other teams of a similar competition every week and be challenged. If a NL1 youth side wins it all they get promoted and get to go against other clubs. You could see New Lambton and Belswans youth in top division with Lakes and Adamstown in second.
    Hey Northern!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Darren Stewart Cup was a great day again, result was
    Toronto Awaba 2 Apia 23s 2 ( 3-4 pens )
    Apia keep the cup.
    Next year it was announced it will be held at Lambert Park.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Darren Stewart Cup was a great day again, result was
    Toronto Awaba 2 Apia 23s 2 ( 3-4 pens )
    Apia keep the cup.
    Next year it was announced it will be held at Lambert Park.
    Good initiative and great recognition. I watched the highlights on Bar TV. It might be an interesting comp to see who finishes 4th. New Lambton, Thornton and Belswans are probably the clear top 3, South Cardiff and Westy, and improved Toronto. Singleton always around the mix. Haven't heard much from Wallsend or Cessnock or seen trial results.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Good initiative and great recognition. I watched the highlights on Bar TV. It might be an interesting comp to see who finishes 4th. New Lambton, Thornton and Belswans are probably the clear top 3, South Cardiff and Westy, and improved Toronto. Singleton always around the mix. Haven't heard much from Wallsend or Cessnock or seen trial results.
    Who have Belswans now got to suddenly make them a shoe in for Top 3? West Wallsend and Singleton both finished above them last year. They were 6 points behind 4th and even if we consider they had won that extra game still 3 points short of 4th. If West Wallsend had won their extra game they would be 4th and 5 points ahead of Belswans in 6th.

Too early yet t make calls on the top 4 beyond the expectation that New Lambton will be top. Player movement, COVID, etc etc. I think it is pretty open for 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Too early yet t make calls on the top 4 beyond the expectation that New Lambton will be top. Player movement, COVID, etc etc. I think it is pretty open for 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
    what's your predictions then Hunter403?

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Toronto Awaba
    New Lambton
    West Wallsend
    Thornton
    Singleton
    Belswans

Jokes

NL 1st
    Stags 4/5th

I know I’m bias 😜

Who have Belswans now got to suddenly make them a shoe in for Top 3? West Wallsend and Singleton both finished above them last year. They were 6 points behind 4th and even if we consider they had won that extra game still 3 points short of 4th. If West Wallsend had won their extra game they would be 4th and 5 points ahead of Belswans in 6th.
    I hear they took all the decent players from Swansea ZPL

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    As I said, too early to make a call yet beyond first place.
    The next three slots are a lottery. Belswans, Thornton, Westy, Singo, Kahibah will all be in the mix.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Westy got drilled by 8 by Buds on Wed night. Maybe not a lot of confidence there. Thornton and Belswans pushed New Lambton last year and Singleton always seem to be their bogey. Maybe the 4 is simple? Either way, as long as the NL1 Premiers or Champions field all teams and as long as Northern show some hint of governance or managerial competence. Thats all we can hope for.

as long as the NL1 Premiers or Champions field all teams and as long as Northern show some hint of governance or managerial competence. Thats all we can hope for.
    A man with a dream!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Toronto Awaba
    New Lambton
    West Wallsend
    Thornton
    Singleton
    Belswans

Jokes

NL 1st
    Stags 4/5th

I know I’m bias ��
    I heard Belswans have lost both 1st grade and reserve keepers from last year. Only an under 18 keeper so it could be a long year for the Swans

Congrats to NL on the Premiership. Too early?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Congrats to NL on the Premiership. Too early?
    Certainly warm favourites, they are still a young squad overall and the same group as last 2 years but added one. NPL from Maitland I believe. Their Res will be young and their 18s look very good beating Weston easily last week.

How did Belswans go against Cookers?

Certainly warm favourites, they are still a young squad overall and the same group as last 2 years but added one. NPL from Maitland I believe. Their Res will be young and their 18s look very good beating Weston easily last week.
    I'd like to see other NL games not base it on Weston. Weston took a very average (average by NL1 standard not NPL standards) keeper for their 18s. It's going to be a long year for Weston 18s

Cessnock went down 2-1 to Hamilton Azzurri yesterday. Unsure of how many 1st graders were playing.

Arguably Azzurri shaded the first 30-40, quite a few chances but some good goalkeeping kept them in it including a penalty that was retaken 3 times with all 3 being saved. Cessnock came home strong late but Azzurri held on.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Westy got drilled by 8 by Buds on Wed night. Maybe not a lot of confidence there. Thornton and Belswans pushed New Lambton last year and Singleton always seem to be their bogey. Maybe the 4 is simple? Either way, as long as the NL1 Premiers or Champions field all teams and as long as Northern show some hint of governance or managerial competence. Thats all we can hope for.
    Was at the Buds Westy game on Tuesday night
    Finished 5-1 buds
    2 pens
    1 free kick
    Header off a corner

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Cessnock went down 2-1 to Hamilton Azzurri yesterday. Unsure of how many 1st graders were playing.

Arguably Azzurri shaded the first 30-40, quite a few chances but some good goalkeeping kept them in it including a penalty that was retaken 3 times with all 3 being saved. Cessnock came home strong late but Azzurri held on.
    If that was anywhere near Cessnock’s 1st grade side they are in for a tough season.