Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The only one who has shown any potential is Jackson and even then he wasn't played yesterday despite us persisting with a bloke so uncomfortable at Left back it wasn't funny.
    Interesting point, as I share this view. Our LB yesterday is a very 'one-sided' player with his left leg seemingly only for standing on. And yet we have a LEFT-FOOTED kid who has in my eyes, done alright this season (and played well at LB vs MVC last time in the 1-0 win) - and all of a sudden he's starting to be pushed into the freezer too.

Strange. Cos Miller said a couple of months ago that Cowburn "is a natural number six" or something like that. And since this statement, has played primarily at RB and LB. Riddle me that.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    to be fair though, this isn't just a scotty miller thing, ruining young players is an institutional policy down at the jerks
    Yep. History backs this up. Bradbery, Remington, Campbell, Finlayson are just four previous youth players who spring to mind that weren't given a fair opportunity of cracking the senior side. If the current three stay here, they'll probably end up on the Jets scrapheap like those four.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    ruining young players is an institutional policy down at the jerks
    #playingtoourstrengths

Quote Originally Posted by Jonty View Post

He said something along the lines of "I believe in the players here" (well that's a lie) and how no other A-League club provides such opportunities for young players - look at the NYL players on the bench etc etc.

What a load of absolute garbage.
    OK, I'll play - what exactly do you expect him to say publicly?

"We're shit, and we know we are"?

What he says behind closed doors would hopefully be much less media-worthy than what we hear

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post

What he says behind closed doors would hopefully be much less media-worthy than what we hear
    I would hope so too. Something a bit more real, like what Craig Deans said on TV after the girls' 1-0 loss. "We lacked quality today".

That was a correct statement, but not slaughtering his team publicly either or anything overly offensive. The constant spin just gets a bit tiring after a while.

I would hope so too. Something a bit more real, like what Craig Deans said on TV after the girls' 1-0 loss. "We lacked quality today".

That was a correct statement, but not slaughtering his team publicly either or anything overly offensive. The constant spin just gets a bit tiring after a while.
    Fair point, well made

Yep. History backs this up. Bradbery, Remington, Campbell, Finlayson are just four previous youth players who spring to mind that weren't given a fair opportunity of cracking the senior side. If the current three stay here, they'll probably end up on the Jets scrapheap like those four.
    Which clubs are they running around for now? There may be a reason they didn't get a start or haven't kicked on.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post

Well maybe being brutal in the media could trigger a reaction from his players???.... he keeps telling us how good they are, quote in paper today "We r on the right track".....blah blah blah......maybe they should be told they r shit and it's time to pull their finger out their arse or **** off to State league???....No good telling someone they good when they shit......Just saying......and to be honest for the last 6 years the players have been told how good they are, how we will make the play off and ......all bullshit......and look what we achieved!!!.......
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

best thing would be someone to tell the coach how rubbish his game plan is.
    that might help better than blaming the players. they only seem to be doing what they are told atm.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    that might help better than blaming the players. they only seem to be doing what they are told atm.
    his tactics are shit but his players are also shit
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Told him at full time. He didn't seem to agree with me.

Kanta: " We have to take our chances".....I can only remember one yesterday.......
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Which clubs are they running around for now? There may be a reason they didn't get a start or haven't kicked on.
    i don't agree with this

if players aren't given a crack by the time they are 20-21 it is a big risk for HAL clubs to give a squad contract to a unproven player.

there are plenty of players over the years who have fallen through the cracks at different HAL clubs.

major example is Kitto; he is just lucky the jets took a punt on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    NEWCASTLE coach Scott Miller has challenged anyone directing "unwarranted criticism" at his team to remember the depths from which they have come.

See your ad here
    The eighth-placed Jets are nine games without a win – and their fifth without a goal 0 – after their 1-0 loss to Melbourne Victory on Sunday.

A lack of resources available to the FFA-owned club have not made things easy, especially given injuries have forced constant rotation of a squad that had little depth to start with.

Another setback has been the absence of Brazilian playmaker Leonardo, who has managed only seven appearances because of a recurring knee injury, while Serbian striker Milos Trifunovic has recently struggled in front of goal.

But while ruing that his team had not "rewarded themselves" against Victory, Miller observed a lack of understanding from some outside quarters of how much the club as a whole has achieved since last season's wooden spoon during the ill-fated Nathan Tinkler era.

"I think we've got some unwarranted criticism throughout the year overall," Miller said.

"From where the club was to where it is now is a great improvement, and total respect to the playing group for their responsibility and effort so far.

"It's not about being disappointed, it's about being focused on achieving something here this year that derives from stability, but also maximising the opportunity and over-achieving.

"There's been a balance of the two of late ... and that's a team in rebuild."

Miller was loath to address some unflattering statistics, including a 469-minute goalless stretch across a club-record five matches – only one match less than the now-defunct New Zealand Knights' all-time record of six back in 2006.

"Stats are there for journalism, and to point out failure or achievements," he said.

"We look at the facts, and we look at improving a team individually and technically.
    "That's our focus, not stats.

"Because the tide will turn – fortunately for Melbourne [Victory], their tide turned, and we were the ones that allowed them to do so."

Trifunovic has four goals to his name this season but has not found the back of the net in his past six appearances.

It was a drought Miller said had more to do with the quality of service than a fault of Trifunovic’s or lack of confidence. Asked if the Serbian target man ever felt frustrated by the lack of service, Miller replied: "It's not his job to be frustrated, it's his job to score."
    Facts are you aint improving as a coach
    Facts are the team are not improving as a group
    Facts are the players Birraz aside are showing no signs of improving as players

Facts are 8 games at home ONLY 4 goals scored

Facts are your failing

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    *you're

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    *you're
    Not following???

Whats your point??

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    *you're
    Maybe he's stating that the facts will ultimately be his failing....

I think Miller is spot on at the moment. We always knew we would struggle this year, i think he is deflecting it away from the players as much as possible. Better than what Stubbs did last year.

We started the season with barely a starting 11 because Tinks and Stubbs spent all our money on shit, got injuries which reduced us to absolutely no bench at all, and somehow we aren't coming last. I can see plenty of positives out of that.

I have 2 expectations this year to be happy. - Don't fold as a club & Don't finish beneath the Scum.

Next season when we have a proper owner and have cleaned out the squad i'll start taking pot shots at the coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I think Miller is spot on at the moment. We always knew we would struggle this year, i think he is deflecting it away from the players as much as possible. Better than what Stubbs did last year.

We started the season with barely a starting 11 because Tinks and Stubbs spent all our money on shit, got injuries which reduced us to absolutely no bench at all, and somehow we aren't coming last. I can see plenty of positives out of that.

I have 2 expectations this year to be happy. - Don't fold as a club & Don't finish beneath the Scum.

Next season when we have a proper owner and have cleaned out the squad i'll start taking pot shots at the coach.
    Must fill your heart with joy to turn up and watch another insipid performance from paid personnel.

No excuses ever for not having a go.

If we had a bunch of all locals out there I could understand being outclassed and accept it.

But to have a bunch of blokes who ain't locals not rip in and give 110% each week is a disgrace.

What is a bigger disgrace is people accepting this level of mediocre shit performances from the club/players and management as being OK

Oooooohhhhhhhh now I get it.
    Us fans is too dumb to see what the jeen-yus is up to.

Man, here I was thinking I was watching a team get beat every week and a coach continually focusing on not getting flogged rather than winning a game.

I guess old Scott 'Steve Hawking' Miller is just too many levels above for me to 'get it'.

Maybe the Jets are like those old school magic eye puzzles, stare at it long enough and you can see what's really hidden inside.

I apologise for my lack of ability in seeing your master plan at work Scott.
    I promise to try harder next time, that is, as long as you'll have retards me around the club.