Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Test Cricket aka real cricket

fricking hell i'm getting sick of this unnecessary checking for no-balls when wickets fall.

half his bloody foot was behind the line. what the hell is the umpire looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Fvck that. The house, the kids and the car all cost money. The matchbox car collection doesn't whinge when I come home drunk after the football either.
    Haha

Umpire Erasmus is a useless twat. tries to save eng but decision overturned, gives aus out but decision overturned, now warnings for running on pitch to watto. Like to see a straight drive bury into the kent

all over red rover. these poms are limper than week old lettuce.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    all over red rover. these poms are limper than week old lettuce.
    Really missed a trick there. Should have said "poms are limper than MFKS at an NYL game when Kale isn't playing".

To be completely destroyed on the back of pace and bounce before even getting to the WACA... mental. Especially at Adelaide.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Really missed a trick there. Should have said "poms are limper than MFKS at an NYL game when Kale isn't playing".

To be completely destroyed on the back of pace and bounce before even getting to the WACA... mental. Especially at Adelaide.
    But the most ridiculous part of Johnsons grip over them is that he is only bowling mid to low 140kms anyway. He is still a long way short or Brett Lee Shoaib Akhtar etc when they were regularly pushing them through in the 150km - 160km range.

Johnson ain't slow but there are plenty of blokes out there who bowl at similar pace levels.

The other thing is they are test match cricketers allegedly Surely someone has bowled short pitch bowling at them in the past to ruffle them up??

Their capitulation and fear of Mitchell Johnson is absolutely bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    But the most ridiculous part of Johnsons grip over them is that he is only bowling mid to low 140kms anyway. He is still a long way short or Brett Lee Shoaib Akhtar etc when they were regularly pushing them through in the 150km - 160km range.

Johnson ain't slow but there are plenty of blokes out there who bowl at similar pace levels.

The other thing is they are test match cricketers allegedly Surely someone has bowled short pitch bowling at them in the past to ruffle them up??

Their capitulation and fear of Mitchell Johnson is absolutely bizarre
    He has bowled some in the 150's and plenty in the high 140's. And there aren't really that many at that level right now. Talking about Lee and Akhtar is pointless since a bunch of these guys wouldn't have played them. Hard to believe Lee has been out of test cricket for 5 years

And England's fastest is mid to high 130's at their absolute quickest whilst of our quicks, the slowest is Siddle in the mid 130's.

It's not the speed that worries batsmen. It's when bowlers can get the ball around chin height off a good length that worries batsmen.

That's why Curtly Ambrose and Joel Garner who were not the fastest of bowlers were among the most feared to have ever played the game.

Johnson is similar to that pair in style yet another 15kmh or so quicker. Johnson just lacks the consistency of Garner and Ambrose.

Also don't underestimate the fact he's a leftie. Having that pace from a different release point makes it a lot harder to play than your normal right arm over express.

Sooooooooo, everything old is new again.
    Watson/Rogers etc.
    Jeez.

watson can go. falls apart every game, lacks talent. Haddin <3, should never have been dropped

Bailey can also feck off

Hawk and Grimario speaking truths as usual.
    Glad for Smith, no doubt he was starting to feel the pressure. His straight hitting is quite beautiful.
    If there are any dead rubbers this series does Hughes get another shot? Bloke is scoring a million runs in shield.

I've got brit mates coming over for boxing day and Sydney tests. They are pretty filthy that it's possible both will be dead rubbers.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    what a shame, my heart bleeds for them

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    what a shame, my heart bleeds for them
    Gees, you are a nicer bloke than I am. I've been ripping into them every chance I get.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I've got brit mates coming over for boxing day and Sydney tests. They are pretty filthy that it's possible both will be dead rubbers.
    Personally I won't feel this way and will be ****ing stoked if they are dead rubbers

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hawk and Grimario speaking truths as usual.
    Glad for Smith, no doubt he was starting to feel the pressure. His straight hitting is quite beautiful.
    If there are any dead rubbers this series does Hughes get another shot? Bloke is scoring a million runs in shield.
    Bloke was scoring a million runs before he was 1st selected and then a million more to be recalled...I honestly believe he should of stayed in the team longer than he did but we've been strugglin for results before this campaign. He's gotta be better than Bailey as a test batsmen surely. Smith is a talented batsmen and underrated leg spinner...shane warne should be working with him day in, day out IMO.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Bloke was scoring a million runs before he was 1st selected and then a million more to be recalled...I honestly believe he should of stayed in the team longer than he did but we've been strugglin for results before this campaign. He's gotta be better than Bailey as a test batsmen surely.
    Yeah, I guess everyone is hoping its a Matthew Hayden type situation where he was recalled then failed then recalled then failed until eventually it all clicked and he became one of the best of his era.
    Bailey though, Jesus the shot he got out on was terrible.

rogers never looked comfortable for his 50. hughes may get one more chance. although thnk f**k our rotation policy has been dumped.