Page 83 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

decent attack but good defence wins the title. Its not there yet. summer window maybe?

Coutinho's hit more from distance in the last 3 seasons than Gerrard did over his whole career with about 65,000 less attempts.

Didn't him and Suarez combined cost like £20m squid?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    decent attack but good defence wins the title. Its not there yet. summer window maybe?
    Matip is easily in the top 5 center halfs in the league, at 25 you can only imagine he is going to get better.
    Klopp rates Sakho technically but he doesn't like his work ethic and attitude, if he can find a way turn that around then he would be a good option as a partner.
    Klavan and Lovren are doing a decent enough job but LFC should be looking for a better option then either of those.

Milner has been fantastic since his transition to LB, however I think that if Klopp signs anyone in January it will be a LB. The kid from Schalke seems to be Klopps target.

As for RB, no problems there as Clyne is one of the best in the league. Probably a toss up between Zabaleta, Clyne, Coleman and Walker.

Biggest problem Klopp faces is keeping Coutinho, especially now Barca are showing interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

Biggest problem Klopp faces is keeping Coutinho, especially now Barca are showing interest.
    Thats where they fkd up before with suarez. They sold a player that could really get them near the top to buy several ok players.

Keep the best and build from there policy and maybe, get a good manager.

I think Coutinho is a little different, personally.
    He has come out and said how much he loves this club, he genuinely looks like he is having the time of his life joking around with Firmino and he is starting to boss it once more.
    Amid speculation earlier in the season, he came out and said he was not going anywhere and the club said he is not for sale.

Suarez - obviously wanted to leave. Said it in the press, got his agent to say things, the whole thing was Suarez wanting out.
    Sterling - Wanted more coin, fame, was unsatisfied with his slow steady ascent to fame and chased the money to City.

If there's ever a situation to retain a player and stop this cycle of selling off our best players, it is now. He loves the club, the club and fans love him. Add to that, he is hitting some form now and will probs bag 5 more goals before Xmas.

That being said, if he was sold, the club has screwed up and we have taken steps backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    You played a chelsea team in a bad formation with players who shouldve been benched. Play Chelsea now and Hazard Costa and Pedro vs your Defense. I know who my monies on
    Doesn't say that in the results column....just says Liverpool W....

Accumulating the most points during the season wins the title....who cares if we win 1 nil or 6-5......3 points is 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Accumulating the most points during the season wins the title....who cares if we win 1 nil or 6-5......3 points is 3 points
    future results will answer this cliche

Well yeh.
    Don't really know what's going to happen.
    Like really, I guess a lot of Liverpool fans are saying, who cares if we win 5-3 or 6-1 or 5-4, we win and get the three points. Which is completely valid. Just as valid as a team like Chelsea over the years grounding out 1-0 wins and saying they were doing enough. There's no right or wrong way to win the league.
    I mean, the point people are making of our poor defence is that it's going to cost us games.
    Which it may well do.
    If we play this exciting style and concede, that's the way it is, live and die by the sword.
    But while we are collecting 3 points it's a bit hard to argue with.
    Obviously a surefire defensive line would be great. But really, I'm not convinced we are as frail as previous years.

id bet on one thing for sure though, that if it gets down to a one game scenario against Chelsea to realistically secure the title that Klopp won't get out coached like Rodgers did.

b'lee dat.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I mean, the point people are making of our poor defence is that it's going to cost us games.
    Which it may well do.
    Exactly those 1-0 & 2-1 (defence) wins get titles, eg leicester. 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4 doesnt. Captn obvs moment i know

The style of play is quite pleasing and the lads are enjoying their football.
    Last edited by hawk; 12-11-2016 at 07:52 PM.

future results will answer this cliche
    It's not a cliche it's a mathematical fact.

oops I could've sworn this tired well known factual saying could be such.

yeah im gonna need more info before jumping on board.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    yeah im gonna need more info before jumping on board.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the team that accumulates the most points in the season almost always win the league and if getting 3points for a win, no matter the margin or scoreline, lead to a greater accumulation of said points thus giving the team with the greatest number of accumulated points the greatest chance to be declared the winner of said title ......it's been a while since I was in school but I thought that's what mathematics was....I could be mistaken though...I am getting on.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the team that accumulates the most points in the season almost always win the league and if getting 3points for a win, no matter the margin or scoreline, lead to a greater accumulation of said points thus giving the team with the greatest number of accumulated points the greatest chance to be declared the winner of said title ......it's been a while since I was in school but I thought that's what mathematics was....I could be mistaken though...I am getting on.
    hmmm, you're putting together a strong case, but I need to let Hawk have the right of reply before i commit to a decision.
    Its only fair.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Your correct but Liverpool will get games like burnley again where they cant score and there rubbish defense will cost them
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Your correct but Liverpool will get games like burnley again where they cant score and there rubbish defense will cost them
    Quite possibly, as others may also drop points they are expected to win, some ref may actually see one of Costa's on field assaults and he will be suspended for a run of games, arsenal could have their usual Christmas drop off, man city could implode....who knows what will happen...all I'm saying is I'll take more goals for than against and 3 points as often as possible and let the chips fall where they will

Quite possibly, as others may also drop points they are expected to win, some ref may actually see one of Costa's on field assaults and he will be suspended for a run of games, arsenal could have their usual Christmas drop off, man city could implode....who knows what will happen...all I'm saying is I'll take more goals for than against and 3 points as often as possible and let the chips fall where they will
    Costa gets harassed and taken out way more by defenders then he dishes out but premier league referees are retarted and referee certain players on reptuation before anything else
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Costa gets harassed and taken out way more by defenders then he dishes out
    OK