Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1234

Thread: Joel Griffiths Returns - the best thing ever, ever, ever and ever

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Will you two just start fighting again!? I'm struggling to accept you both getting along
    Wot?
    Me and jetmaster are solid.
    Always have been.

The Plague has nothing but love for everyone on here.
    Even my multis like stopper2.
    Everytime I meet one of you first beer is on me.
    Guaranteed.
    Last edited by plague; 30-06-2016 at 11:47 PM.

He's back

In an ambassador role
    You know who else was presumed dead for 3 days and made a comeback......

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    You know who else was presumed dead for 3 days and made a comeback......
    Jeff Goldblum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Jeff Goldblum?
    3 days is nowhere near enough for that bloke.

Best bit of this is that Lawrie says WE had great crowds in Griffs time.

Hail Lawrie.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/40...ew-era/?cs=306

Newcastle Jets: Joel Griffiths helps kick off new era as Martin Lee's Ledman Group takes over club from FFA

Michael Parris

FORMER star striker Joel Griffiths will be front and centre of the Newcastle Jets’ public relations visit to China next week as the Ledman Group formally takes over the A-League club.

Martin Lee’s company assumes control of the Jets from Football Federation Australia at midnight on Thursday with a promise to build bridges with the club’s long-suffering fans.

New chief executive Lawrie McKinna replaces interim CEO David Eland on Friday, and one of his first duties will be a four-day trip to China next week.

Griffiths, who played for Beijing Guoan and Shanghai Shenhua, two of China’s biggest clubs, will act as a Jets ambassador on the visit, which will include a press conference with Lee, McKinna and FFA boss David Gallop in Beijing on Wednesday.

The trip will also include a visit to Shenzhen, where Lee’s LED lighting firm is based, and a Beijing Guoan Chinese Super League game.

“We’ve asked him to come along because he was a superstar in Beijing, and straight away people look and go, ‘Yeah, Ledman owns Newcastle. Where’s Newcastle? Ah, Joel Griffiths,’” McKinna said on Thursday.

“He’s over the moon that he’s coming with us.

“He’ll be at the press conference because he’s a big name in Beijing.”

McKinna said Griffiths, the A-League golden boot in the Jets’ title-winning 2007-08 campaign, could play an important role in reconnecting the club with its fans.

I’ll sit down and talk to him about an ongoing role, definitely, because I see him as a big part of the culture up here. Joel Griffiths was a big star with the Jets. He typifies what the Jets players used to be like.

“I think it’s important that Joel’s a part of this club, because he’s a big name here.

“You look at six years ago and the club made the finals, the crowds we were getting. Where’s those 5000 or 10,000 people gone?

“They’re still Jets fans, but they’re not coming to the game. What did they relate to? What was then and [not] now? Joel Griffiths.”

McKinna said he would organise a meeting soon with The Squadron, who have lobbied the club successfully to move to behind the goals at the southern end of the ground, and the club would hold a fan forum on July 20.

“We just want to open the doors and let punters ask questions as well,” he said.

“We don’t want to be hidden behind these glass doors and scared to answer questions. We have to be open. We want the fans to feel like they have a voice that can be heard.

“We can’t think they’re separate to the club; we need to engage them, to make them feel as though they’re part of the club.

“Scott Miller will be going through how the team’s going, how he’s thinking. I’ll give them a spiel on the Ledman Group and where the club’s hoping to head. We’ll hopefully get someone up from the FFA as well, we’ll get the captain involved.”

McKinna said there was “a lot of positivity” since training resumed this week.

“The coaches are over the moon with the vibe around training because these guys are all mates and they’re buzzing,” he said.

“Sometimes there have been certain players in the dressing room who have come from overseas that didn’t really fit in that culture. Scott’s very happy with who he’s brought in so far.

“It’s exciting for them as well with opportunities like we’re working on a trip to China [in August].”

So, herald reckons Lee wants a player from china.
    Joel currently in China.

Joel comes "from" China to sign for the jets.

He has Risen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

2016 FAN FORUM

There has been a lot of change within the Club over the last month. Our 2016 Fan Forum will be a great opportunity for our fans to hear from the leaders of the Club on the preparations for the upcoming season and the future of Newcastle Jets. The Forum panel will consist of Head Coach Scott Miller, Club Captain Nigel Boogaard, and myself (Lawrie McKinna). Joel Griffiths will be the MC on the evening.

So is this Griff gig with his backing band a sellout?

It was Griff who bought Ledman to Oz. McSpinna is bandwagon jumping.

BTW, is this fans forum going to be streamed?

Banned
    Fan Forum will be a farce.

People will just keep asking Griff questions.

Who wants to really hear from Millertime or Gypo CEO when the Griff can hold court??

Just ask every question about Griff scoring the winner in '08.

Watch the Gypo McKinna squirm with embarrassment. Hopefully he'll get in his motor home and head back to woy woy.

Bloke doesn't belong here.

Just ask every question about Griff scoring the winner in '08.

Watch the Gypo McKinna squirm with embarrassment. Hopefully he'll get in his motor home and head back to woy woy.

Bloke doesn't belong here.
    suggest you listen to the Jetstream Podcast being released tomorrow mate. May change your mind on a few things
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    suggest you listen to the Jetstream Podcast being released tomorrow mate. May change your mind on a few things
    Gonna take a hell of a lot for us on the Gypo out Bandwagon to be convinced

He better be sorting the Jet Shaped Hats and the mid strength beer issue out at the very least for us to even consider jumping ship

although my admiration for you blokes trying to de-gypo the bloke is huge, ill only be happy when he smashes Hutcho over the back of the head with a steel chair or sets fire to a gypo shirt out front of the tenzo.

anything less is just talk.

god speed on your mission though lads, if you re-program the bloke it will be the biggest turn around since the good Member admitted he was wrong that one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

sets fire to a gypo shirt out front of the tenzo.
    This is the guy that came out with the mini-bus sledge, he may just do that if he thinks it will fire things up/boost the crowd.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    This is the guy that came out with the mini-bus sledge, he may just do that if he thinks it will fire things up/boost the crowd.
    It also the same bloke who had Hutcho trawling dumpster bins to stock the Gypos community kitchen

Careful what you wish for

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Does he apologise?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    This is the guy that came out with the mini-bus sledge,
    What was the mini bus sledge?

What was the mini bus sledge?
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...-1111114547268

"It's well renowned and it's disappointing that we go up there (to Newcastle) and take probably 1500 to 2000 members and supporters, while they bring a mini bus down," McKinna said yesterday.

Reading the article at least the gypo has a point that Griff and Stu were our only good players.

They win us a title the Middleby lets them go.

Beginning of the end etc etc etc.

If McKinna re-signs Griff and Stu I'll start tolerating him.

Deal?

Merry Griffmas everybody.

May your day be filled with sublime goals, cheeky smiles and sack wacked linesman.

Hail Griff