Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 2 | Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets| Fri 26th Oct 2018 750pm

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Welcome to 3 to 4 years ago

Watch his work for the cross to Goodwin

Absolutely piss poor defending

Didnt even work hard to try and get to Goodwin

Just ball watching

Shouldnt be doing that as a senior player
    There aren't that many things you and I agree on Membah. But informing the sheeple about Boogards shortcomings is one of them. I wouldn't mind him sitting on a bench coaching young players and transitioning into the backroom, but why we didn't look for another CB either in the offseason or before we resigned him for next year is worrying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Goodwin's effusive celebration was disappointing given all that this club did for him, especially GVE at the start of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Goodwin's effusive celebration was disappointing given all that this club did for him, especially GVE at the start of his career.
    Good on him....unless you are at a club for a very long time I have no problem with ex players giving it the big ones. More modern PC respect crap.

Roy a case in point with his hatty....he loved it.

Don’t really have a problem with players celebrating against old clubs. But I do notice when they don’t and I admit I have a little more respect for whoever they are.

Jair’s ball to Hoffman was divine. Shame he picked the only spot that meant he didn’t score.

Thought Ridenton played wel first half V Wellington, but if his trajectory continues he will be riding the pine soon enough.

Can’t believe there hasn’t been much more focus on Jair slipping over in the build up to their goal.
    Imo if he doesn’t slip, old mate probably doesn’t put in such a decent cross for Goodwin because Jair would be closing him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Good on him....unless you are at a club for a very long time I have no problem with ex players giving it the big ones. More modern PC respect crap.
    In this case, though, Newcastle Jets is Goodwin's mother, and GVE is his father, in football terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    In this case, though, Newcastle Jets is Goodwin's mother, and GVE is his father, in football terms.
    C'mon Gaz the kid had ability long before you got hold of him. And whats with your influence over the Reds style of play last night for the first 25min ?. Had GVE written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Don’t really have a problem with players celebrating against old clubs. But I do notice when they don’t and I admit I have a little more respect for whoever they are.

Jair’s ball to Hoffman was divine. Shame he picked the only spot that meant he didn’t score.

Thought Ridenton played wel first half V Wellington, but if his trajectory continues he will be riding the pine soon enough.

Can’t believe there hasn’t been much more focus on Jair slipping over in the build up to their goal.
    Imo if he doesn’t slip, old mate probably doesn’t put in such a decent cross for Goodwin because Jair would be closing him down.
    Fair call on Jair but other than that i reckon all his key measures would have been much much better than the previous week eh.

If Ernie continues with Hoff at the point crap get use to sitters being missed week after week. Note to Stanny i said at the point of attack got no problem with the bloke playing in a advanced role out wide. Just thought i would clarify before you go in to meltdown.

Ridenton was one of the Reds best players last night he completed so many passes to them.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Fair call on Jair but other than that i reckon all his key measures would have been much much better than the previous week eh.

If Ernie continues with Hoff at the point crap get use to sitters being missed week after week. Note to Stanny i said at the point of attack got no problem with the bloke playing in a advanced role out wide. Just thought i would clarify before you go in to meltdown.

Ridenton was one of the Reds best players last night he completed so many passes to them.
    I actually agree I want Jair up top

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I actually agree I want Jair up top
    Maked sense. Jair was supposed to be the Nabbout replacement. Put him in the middle till Roy comes back.

Hoff showed he can provide the service last night, not the finish.

Banned
    Hoffman needs to go back to Fullback

Our attack is being stunted by having Jackson as a Fullback

That is 1 side of the park the opposition can push up on us on as he aint gonna hurt them on the counter

Throw in on the right Dimi dont like to go wide but cut inside it is made for Hoffman to overlap from Right back

Besides stopping Hoffman butchering sitters it should help our general play no end as it will pose consequences for opposition if they push on us too much

Hoffman needs to go back to Fullback

Our attack is being stunted by having Jackson as a Fullback

That is 1 side of the park the opposition can push up on us on as he aint gonna hurt them on the counter

Throw in on the right Dimi dont like to go wide but cut inside it is made for Hoffman to overlap from Right back

Besides stopping Hoffman butchering sitters it should help our general play no end as it will pose consequences for opposition if they push on us too much
    Bigger question, What has Vujica done to piss off Merrick
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Bigger question, What has Vujica done to piss off Merrick
    Jackson does a good job defensively as a full back

He kept their big name signing anonymous last night

He is though honking with the ball

Vujica is slow as and with his speed I am surprised he is making a living as a pro

Jackson does a good job defensively as a full back

He kept their big name signing anonymous last night

He is though honking with the ball

Vujica is slow as and with his speed I am surprised he is making a living as a pro
    Vujica defends well and offers way more then Jackson going forward which is what you need in a Ernie team
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Throw Georgevski at LB and Hoffman at RB, unless we can get an Asian LB, which I wouldn’t be against. Would definitely help in the ACL
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

totally agree with question mark over what Ridenton adds to the team, at this point I am wondering if we can bring in Mullen instead as a special waver for Johnny K, even he would bring more to the team that what Riddy has to date, his runs on the wing and passing are better for a start...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    totally agree with question mark over what Ridenton adds to the team, at this point I am wondering if we can bring in Mullen instead as a special waver for Johnny K, even he would bring more to the team that what Riddy has to date, his runs on the wing and passing are better for a start...
    You want Mullen? Ok enough internet for me

Goodwin has always been good. Was shit seeing him head one past the ol jets but **** if anyone here didn’t think he would then you may as well go support tommy oar and Andrew Hoole. Petratos has been absolute garbage and so has Georgevski. Hold on to the ball. Actually, can’t think of many who have been good. For the sake of trying to be like Merrick, I’ll say, maybe, nah and I was trying, there was no one who could hold the ball and/or penetrate.

Banned
    Vujica defends well and offers way more then Jackson going forward which is what you need in a Ernie team
    King Vuj is slow

Merrick for some reason likes to play Jackson against quick wide players

Make of that what you will

Maybe Ernie feels we have enough options in our FB positions and is frustrating Vujica into asking for a move to another club under this newly created Under 23 rule.

What Vujica lacks in speed he more than makes up for upstairs in regards to having a brain for that position. Vujica plays with a sense of urgency, Jackson looks like he just climbed out of the farter half the time and in need of a GPS to get his bearings.

anyone who thinks that Ivan is demonstrably slower than Jackson and that is a difference in their performance is kidding themselves.

Merrick included.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG